Erik ten Hag | 2024/25

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

• and crack

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think it's silly to sack him after 3 games because he was backed in the summer by the new regime, there's a new coaching set up and new signings that haven't even played yet. I'm trying to approach it as if EtH has just been hired over the summer. Every manager deserves more than 3 games to show their worth but not forever obviously. I think Christmas time is the clichéd sacking point because it gives the new manager coming in enough time to turn things around plus a transfer window.
What a load of crap! He’s been here 2 full seasons and into his third. He’s been backed every season with any player he’s asked for, the board are able to get. He is out of his depth, simple as that.

Well they need to swallow their pride.
They've got enough credit in the bank, for me anyway, due to the work they've done in the recent transfer window. But they've backed the wrong horse here.

Yeah they absolutely should
So much negativity in the first 3 games, it’ll be unbelievably toxic if he loses against Spurs and Villa (which he definitely will)

I held off commenting after the game directly and havent seen any interviews/post match analysis. But that was poor. The Pool manager had 1 preseason and their team doesnt look half as disjointed and susceptible as we do with barely any requirements. Hard to believe this is his 3rd season with the group.
IENOS did brilliantly this summer and for sure made the squad much healthier than a year ago but I bet they are not happy with today at all.

Seeing Manchester United fans running around with this “2 trophies” thing is so disheartening. fecking hell

Kinda glad now we lost the bloody community shield .

Some on here would call for 2 more seasons as he got us another trophy.

When you have Liverpool diehards like Carragher saying they want him to stay, you know that it's a joke he's still our manager.

Alright, now that people have got the anger out of their systems, just want to make a few points. 1) All the realistic alternatives out there to ETH are cr@p. 2) We are 3 games into the new season. Last season was bad but he had terrible injuries. 3) I don't think any manager could do much better with this set of players. Too many of them need to go but United can't sell them because nobody else is willing to pay the crazy wages for them. That's down to the recruitment at the club and we already know
that this is done nowadays by a transfer committee. It's that which needs to be looked at. How many managers have been sacked and what has changed? Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result doesn't tend to work out well. Yes, ETH has a veto on players (probably) but he is not responsible for the recruitment.

Complete and utter delusional nonsense.

Seeing Manchester United fans running around with this “2 trophies” thing is so disheartening. fecking hell

It's what our fans do.

With Jose, it was also two trophies, and with Ole it was "2nd place and one penalty kick away from winning the EL". It's all well and good to praise the good that managers do, but it can't be used as a constant excuse to ignore the negatives.

What a load of crap! He’s been here 2 full seasons and into his third. He’s been backed every season with any player he’s asked for, the board are able to get. He is out of his depth, simple as that.
What's a load of crap specifically? I'm not sure I want to get into the signings made under the previous regime again but to say he got every player he asked for is just straight up incorrect.

Alright, now that people have got the anger out of their systems, just want to make a few points. 1) All the realistic alternatives out there to ETH are cr@p. 2) We are 3 games into the new season. Last season was bad but he had terrible injuries. 3) I don't think any manager could do much better with this set of players. Too many of them need to go but United can't sell them because nobody else is willing to pay the crazy wages for them. That's down to the recruitment at the club and we already know that this is done nowadays by a transfer committee. It's that which needs to be looked at. How many managers have been sacked and what has changed? Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result doesn't tend to work out well. Yes, ETH has a veto on players (probably) but he is not responsible for the recruitment.
I disagree that there’s managers out there who couldn’t do better than him (none of our previous managers post-Fergie finished as bad in the league as him). We look comically bad going forward, maybe as bad as we did under van Gaal. New managers to the PL have shown him up tactically and embarrassed him. If a manager doesn’t work out, you fire them. Just because a bunch of managers didn’t work out doesn’t mean the solution is to give them more time just for the sake of it. Every other club does it - we just give too big of a leash for most managers if anything. It’s also the manager’s job to work with the squad they have and get the best out of them, and he’s certainly not doing it.

A lot of good those trophies are doing now. Look at the effect on our manager. They've made think he's actually better than he is.
Winning trophies doesn't excuse consistent shit football in the PL

On the fence. I was on the McKenna train this summer, but the other options did not appeal to me at all. I do wonder if changing managers during the season will make this malaise rub off on them too.

If we have another shite season then of course, we'll need a change. I think a new manager would be better served coming in next summer when hopefully the hierarchy gets busy with near enough completing the clear out.

Where is the poll at at the moment?
Please I can’t put up with another season like last season.
I thought he’d turn it around, but we have started just like we finished last season(excluding the cup games) and it’s awful. No improvement in general play, nothing to suggest that that things will improve, it’s a disgrace that this new manager at Liverpool comes in and literally pulls the pants off ETH gives him a right good seeing too and it’s only his third game in charge and poor Eric says, “but I’m not Harry Potter”. No you’re not a magician and at this rate you won’t be a football manager much longer either.
HOPEFULLY!

This guy is such a fraud, it's unreal. :lol: I feel stupid for being suckered in by that FA Cup, despite knowing he should have been sacked for so long. Beaten by a 31-year-old in his second game at a big club, then shit on at home by a guy in his third game in charge of Liverpool. That after spending 700 million and in his third year, although no doubt the clueless resident "football experts" will come to explain how it's actually fine because SAF did it once 40 years ago, and United "look better than last season", which is demonstrably untrue. Absolutely zero progress since two years ago. None, and that is objective reality, not some delusional make-believe. This clown couldn’t coach a midfield to save his life. INEOS made a catastrophic mistake by keeping him.

For the love of God, sack this fraud, crawl back to Tuchel and beg him to take the job. This break is the time to do it. I absolutely guarantee you 100% this team will look better after a month, although I guess even someone like Solskjaer could do it. . It won’t get any better under this manager, now or 2 years into the future. And on that note, also make sure to sack the set piece coach.

Time for INEOS to show what they are actually about – weak and pathetic invertebrates or people capable owning up and doing what must be done. I already have an inkling which it is.

IF he survives through the international break, which he only may because managers are rarely sacked after 3 games, next 6 fixtures are all the kind that he should win, but majority of them we can easily lose if we play like we did today.

Those 6 league fixtures
1. Southampton (A)
2. Crystal Palace (A)
3. Spurs (H)
4. Aston Villa (A)
5. Brentford (H)
6. West Ham (A)

I think, if he drops more than 3 points out of the 18 possible in these games, he is not making it

Unfortunately, I do think he will fail that test, even with Ugarte, because as big of a problem as Casemiro was, he was far from the only problem today

or the Newcastle defeat where I think we had 8 starters from the previous managers

This should never have been a mitigating factor though. A manager’s job is to manage and make the most out of the availability tools. Ten Hag has received considerably more backing in terms of recruitment than most managers ever get or dream of. Managers seldom have squads that are fully or mostly comprised of players they have signed unless it’s an outlier situation like Ferguson, Wenger or now Pep - managers that stay at the same club for +5 years. That’s not a regular thing.

It's fair to say that we've had a 0% success rate with managers post-Fergie. That's astounding.

I wonder what the players think about the fact he stayed on despite the club sounding out other managers in the summer. We are going nowhere under ten Hag, still no real patterns in matches and we are still far too easy to run trough in the middle.

When Jamie Carragher is pointing out the obvious and Gary Neville digs his head in the sand, it becomes so clear that almost everyone in football cannot believe ten Hag still has a job here.

Feel like it is going to be a long season already.

Alright, now that people have got the anger out of their systems, just want to make a few points. 1) All the realistic alternatives out there to ETH are cr@p. 2) We are 3 games into the new season. Last season was bad but he had terrible injuries. 3) I don't think any manager could do much better with this set of players. Too many of them need to go but United can't sell them because nobody else is willing to pay the crazy wages for them. That's down to the recruitment at the club and we already know that this is done nowadays by a transfer committee. It's that which needs to be looked at. How many managers have been sacked and what has changed? Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result doesn't tend to work out well. Yes, ETH has a veto on players (probably) but he is not responsible for the recruitment.

That's all just copium.

1) So is he. Someone who might not be is better than someone who you know is
2) The classic injuries line, there are obvious deficiencies in his managerial ability - the tactics, the stubbornness, the team selections, the subs
3) How much has he spent?
4) How many of those managers left and did big things after?

This guy is such a fraud, it's unreal. :lol: I feel stupid for being suckered in by that FA Cup, despite knowing he should have been sacked for so long. Beaten by a 31-year-old in his second game at a big club, then shit on at home by a guy in his third game in charge of Liverpool. That after spending 700 million and in his third year, although no doubt the clueless resident "football experts" will come to explain how it's actually fine because SAF did it once 40 years ago, and United "look better than last season", which is demonstrably untrue. Absolutely zero progress since two years ago. None, and that is objective reality, not some delusional make-believe. This clown couldn’t coach a midfield to save his life. INEOS made a catastrophic mistake by keeping him.

For the love of God, sack this fraud, crawl back to Tuchel and beg him to take the job. This break is the time to do it. I absolutely guarantee you 100% this team will look better after a month, although I guess even someone like Solskjaer could do it. . It won’t get any better under this manager, now or 2 years into the future. And on that note, also make sure to sack the set piece coach.

Time for INEOS to show what they are actually about – weak and pathetic invertebrates or people capable owning up and doing what must be done. I already have an inkling which it is.

I agree with this but I doubt it will happen.

What's a load of crap specifically? I'm not sure I want to get into the signings made under the previous regime again but to say he got every player he asked for is just straight up incorrect.
You saying you are treating him as only been here 3 games as if he is a new manager. Same shit different season and same excuses from TH this is his team yet he can’t get a performance from them. It’s all on him.

IF he survives through the international break, which he only may because managers are rarely sacked after 3 games, next 6 fixtures are all the kind that he should win, but majority of them we can easily lose if we play like we did today.

Those 6 league fixtures
1. Southampton (A)
2. Crystal Palace (A)
3. Spurs (H)
4. Aston Villa (A)
5. Brentford (H)
6. West Ham (A)

I think, if he drops more than 3 points out of the 18 possible in these games, he is not making it

Unfortunately, I do think he will fail that test, even with Ugarte, because as big of a problem as Casemiro was, he was far from the only problem today

Likely will lose at Villa and draw atleast one of the games against Spurs or West Ham. 99% sure we drop more than 3 points from those 6 games.

The worry is if he somehow wins another cup again, there’ll be clamor from the fan base to keep him even if we finish say 8th again. You just hope INEOS aren’t swayed by it and just because “ no alternatives are available”, which would be frankly baffling considering even an interim appointment would be an improvement.

If anything it shows Ole wasn’t the clueless coach some people depicted here
The days when some complained that we were 'playing 2 DMs' . Now we'd give anything to have something resembling a midfield.

There was some clueless takes around Ole.

Any suggestions for a new manager then? A real name instead of ''anything is better? I dont think Klopp is willing to take the job for example.

I am not going to pretend that I'm an expert and reel off a list of names but Tuchel is the one that comes immediately to mind. He would set up this team much more sensibly and make it a solid side.

This guy's not going anywhere. We just brought in more of his ex-players and got him a dutch assistant coach with United-history. He'll be here at least out this season unless a total collapse.

Likely will lose at Villa and draw atleast one of the games against Spurs or West Ham. 99% sure we drop more than 3 points from those 6 games.
Yes, if we play like we did today I can see us losing 3 of these games and drawing couple more, which would be dropping a lot of points

It's fair to say that we've had a 0% success rate with managers post-Fergie. That's astounding.
And in hindsight every one of them was a terrible, regressive appointment apart from Ten Hag but he's been exposed outside of the comfort zone of Ajax.

Would not care if he is sacked right now. His whole demeanor stinks now. All this nonsense about the 2 trophies as if he won us a CL and PL.

A bad day today but I'm going to reserve judgement until I see something like a first choice team out there. If it's not meaningfully better I think he's gone by Christmas though.

This guy's not going anywhere. We just brought in more of his ex-players and got him a dutch assistant coach with United-history. He'll be here at least out this season unless a total collapse.

Then Ineos must stand behind that 100%. If not, it’s better to act asap.