Erik ten Hag | 2024/25

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

• and crack

Results are only viewable after voting.
Like who? Genuinely asking, Tuchel is the only name I can come up with when thinking about it

The top managers will be very hard to get now. But talented managers who are in clubs that would not stand in the way for ambition.

Ineos actually had one in Nice, Francesco Farioli, but Ajax just got him.

Anyhow, must be some talented managers out there.

It was pretty public that they were looking at other options earlier in the summer. Issue was they clearly couldn't identify an obvious improvement. I imagine that view may change in the coming months.
That makes sense. Read something about Tuchel but not working out.

I agree regarding the control. We now have the players who can control but for whatever reason ETH seems hell bent on using the high press transition cluster feck. I'm convinced it's to accomodate Bruno and Rashford who can't play any other way. Even today we controlled possession until 23rd minute when Casemiro decided to go into self destruct mode. Not excusing anything about our performance, just trying to put some context.

Slot inherited a much better team than us and didn't he say something along the lines that he's letting the pressing instructions from Klopp from previous seasons stay the same or did I imagine that? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

We definitely would look good under a new manager but I'm also concerned the problems with Bruno, Rashford and Casemiro will come to the fore again sooner or later. There's way too many missed chances and and way too many individual mistakes from our players too that is compounding this cluster feck we are in.
Fair points and a good post. I think at some point we'll need leadership to get rid of Bruno and Rashford, it's obvious they're holding us back and the ability to play a different kind of football.

I didn't know about the Slot comments but at the very least they certainly look better on the ball. Still deadly on the transition too. I was hoping they would fall off but it doesn't look that way.

It's a tactical thing primarily, and because of that Ten Hags position is surely becoming untenable.

I really want Ten Hag to succeed, but he is making it more difficult to back him.

I see more progess with other teams and other new managers in just 6-7matches than we have with Ten Hag.

Maybe im harsh, i dont know..
No you aren't being harsh because it's 2 years and £500m later. At the very least he shouldn't be capitulating to our fiercest rivals like that. He should be knowing that fielding the slowest midfield in the league will hurt us especially against Liverpool. He should have figured out how to score more goals and not be so open. These are basics that a top level professional should have covered, he is far too below the required level.

Where have the almost 60% who voted keep just 4 league games back gone.

He should've been sacked last winter and you lot played a huge part in him being kept on.

I couldn't understand the extended support for a man with no prior connection to the club, was backed enormously in the transfer market yet failed miserably and his tactics are sole destroying.

Even Moyes and Rangnick were better than this clown considering they never had a chance to build a team.

I have zero sympathy for him as he's become a multi millionaire in his time here and I'm sick of his iincreasingly defensive interviews, always blaming someone or something else than himself.

His sacking can't come soon enough for me.

I never changed my vote. If a guy tells you exactly who he is, you should probably listen. This guy told us time and time again. Even if he had the prior connection, you have to cut bait when the results and product are as bleak as they have been. Let him go manage a team in the Eerste Divisie, make it fun and give him the reins at the Hague

Surely INEOS have already slid into Nagelsmann's DMs.

Early days but he already has us 12th for expected points, it's only going to get worse the longer we let him continue. He's outstayed his welcome by a long, long time.

Yup. Scary to think that we should realistically have been about 12th or fecking 15th last season.
Understats xPts had us down in 15th. It was the 4th biggest over performance on record (with 15 points more than expected).

Should never have been hired.
Alarm bells were ringing from the start. I was getting pelted for criticizing his handling of the Ronaldo situation. That wanker shouldn't have been anywhere near the squad with his antics both in the previous season and during that pre season. Instead ETH turned a blind eye to all that, kept blowing smoke up Ronaldo's arse and even made him captain in his final game before the interview. That pretty much set the standard for what we could expect from this manager.

He has had zero integrity from the start. The day he's gone will be a day of celebration and it will hopefully mark the end of the post Fergie banter era.

Come off it.

Gutted about today, but instinctively not a fan of knee jerk reactions.

Knee Jerk? Many of us have wanted this clown gone since last January and had to be gaslighted into oblivion by endless excuses for why our tactics/performances/results were embarrassing on a historical level. It’s not knee jerk at all when we had to watch yet another embarrassing defeat to Liverpool with a brand new coach that’s not had any issues implementing his style while ours needs 3 years and 600m just to say it’s because of individual errors and then wave around his fecking cup win as if it’s a UCL title.

Fair points and a good post. I think at some point we'll need leadership to get rid of Bruno and Rashford, it's obvious they're holding us back and the ability to play a different kind of football.

I didn't know about the Slot comments but at the very least they certainly look better on the ball. Still deadly on the transition too. I was hoping they would fall off but it doesn't look that way.

It's a tactical thing primarily, and because of that Ten Hags position is surely becoming untenable.
Agree on the Bruno and Rashford part but the manager has to realize this and play a system accommodating what he has. He just seems too stubborn to adapt.

Main issue is who to replace him with. I’m sure that’s one of the reasons INEOS didn’t sack him. They will hopefully bide their time until the right option becomes available.
They can bring in one of the journeymen to do a job for the season whilst they scout for a permanent manager. Whoever is manager we aren't winning the league in 5 years at the minimum so we shouldn't worry about bringing in a potential title winning manager. Just do the basics - stabilize and grow. It's so simple.

The narrative back then was that it was the best season (and summer transfer window) we'd ever seen post Ferguson.
We've gone backwards since then but it was a good season, was it not? We finished 3rd, got to two finals, won one, lost one to City which had a De Gea special in it. Also, unless I'm remembering wrong, weren't we doing well in Europa too until De Gea and Maguire decided to feck it up?

No you aren't being harsh because it's 2 years and £500m later. At the very least he shouldn't be capitulating to our fiercest rivals like that. He should be knowing that fielding the slowest midfield in the league will hurt us especially against Liverpool. He should have figured out how to score more goals and not be so open. These are basics that a top level professional should have covered, he is far too below the required level.
Yeah it feels like we go one step forward and two steps back every week.

Whilst i am far from happy with ETH, his tactics were all wrong today. We should have played compact and hit them on the break. We were far to open thinking we could go toe to toe.
However I can’t possibly be ETH out 3 games in. It feels far to knee jerk.
I will give him 2 months to turn it around, last chance. Improve or gone by November

I actually agree with many on here. If you backed him at the end of last season you’re just being incredibly kneejerk to bail on your support at this stage. I’m still in the 10% voting back but at least I’m bloody consistent.
Are people not allowed to change their minds? I felt that the injuries last season were absolutely horrific and unprecedented and you only have to look at the Crystal Palace game with that line up, or the Newcastle defeat where I think we had 8 starters from the previous managers and you can try and understand why these things happen. It's not as if people were absolutely convinced EtH would be a success, they just were like 'ok, give him the benefit of the doubt, new ownership, two cup final wins and three cup finals in total, new squad being built, some good work with the young players, let's see how it goes'.

It has only been three games but I still don't like the style of play he's trying to build here, which to me is the biggest issue. I thought this would change and i don't think it will. He absolutely needed to hit the ground running to build momentum and get people on his side again but I don't see how he turns this around now. At this point, you start to wonder, what is the point?

All of the posters bringing up Ole or Jose or whatever are just point scoring. EtH is just a continuation of a problem we've had for years and one he's done very little to fix.

We will be outplayed in all 4 games but will probably win against one of Soton/Palace and draw the other (in a similar manner to Bournemouth away last year), and will fluke a win against one of Villa or Spurs, which will be enough to proclaim it as a turnaround and a new dawn.

One has to remember we got a lot more points than we deserved last year, and that earned us 8th place.
Completely agree, can't remember how many similar 'turnarounds' we had last year. It's obvious now he's tactically inept at this level. There's no adaptation of tactics or style of play. Same instructions, same formation regardless of who we play. There's zero point in keeping him, hoping and praying it all just magically clicks into place for him.

I get where people come from with the kneejerk notion, but it's not just three games. All of last season was a disaster, it was clear he needs a strong start after hanging by a thread after the FA cup win

We've gone backwards since then but it was a good season, was it not? We finished 3rd, got to two finals, won one, lost one to City which had a De Gea special in it. Also, unless I'm remembering wrong, weren't we doing well in Europa too until De Gea and Maguire decided to feck it up?
Home record was good but we were getting torn to shreds in every single away game. Cup finals happened because we only played home games throughout in both comps.

Europa was bottled by ETH who subbed off Bruno at 60 mins to park the bus at 2-0. Bruno was suspended for the away leg so it made zero sense at all to eliminate your only creative outlet with 120 mins left of the tie.

At a club with standards (Real, Barca, Bayern etc) he would've been on his bike after the 7-0.

Voted Back but only because I think we should have made a change in the summer, but since the board have given him a new contract I think we need to see what happens in the next few games.

If he gets Ugarte in the team and Hojlund back but still can't get results I think it's the end of the road. Next 3-4 games could be make or break.

My main concern is who could we bring in. I pray we are not still interested in Southgate.

Put £20 on him being first to go.
Whilst i am far from happy with ETH, his tactics were all wrong today. We should have played compact and hit them on the break. We were far to open thinking we could go toe to toe.
However I can’t possibly be ETH out 3 games in. It feels far to knee jerk.
I will give him 2 months to turn it around, last chance. Improve or gone by November
Knee jerk, other than last season. Which was a fecking embarrassment. Get rid now.

What’s the point really? It will just go to shit again as soon as we have a tough run, or the month after.
I’m probably looking at this thinking that at no point last season did we really go on a run of games where we consistently played well. We had a few spells where we grinded out a short series of results but nothing substantial to say that we’re now playing at the level we want. This is probably more what I’m expecting this month because that’s what recent history suggests. I don’t think this will cut it with Ratcliffe and Ashworth and it certainly won’t cut it with supporters now. In this case I think he would go around early October when the spell ends instead of getting on sack/no sack merry go round.

So Ten Hag has to really convince everyone that the team has turned a corner after the break, not just with results but dominant performances.

Quote from EtH on BBC:

"It is not like I am Harry Potter," he said. "You have to acknowledge that"

He's not even Graham fecking Potter.

He must be sacked asap. Ten Hag is simply not good enough for United.

As if getting comprehensively beaten by his fellow Dutch baldy (despite the latter only having been in charge for 3 games) wasn't already bad enough for Ten Hag, Slot then proceeds to explain simply post-match how to play through Ten Hag's system with ease. A truly embarrassing day for Erik.

I just hope that the fans from now on, analyze the future managers critically than to just blindly "trust the process" or keep giving excuses.

Rangnick could've built a far better squad yet this arrogant clown refused to work with him.

I think his signings have left us in a dire state which we'll have no quick bounce from.

I genuinely mean this I would sack him along he doesn’t get 6 points from next two games, I don’t care if your serious about being man united manager you need at least 9 points from first 5 PL games, if not sack him.

Install RVN as interim coach until Xmas and interview the following ;

1. T Tuchel
2. O Galsnar
3. A Iraola
4. Joachim Low
5. L De La Fuenti

Or wait and let RVN see the whole year and wait for Enrique or Ancotti to get the sack.

It might even be possible to back him longer if he was a bit less arrogant. He’s a massive clown just based on the post-match press conference - Imagine thinking we’re second to City based on the cup trophies. He never even comes close to taking any responsibility for the results, always excuses.

I genuinely mean this I would sack him along he doesn’t get 6 points from next two games, I don’t care if your serious about being man united manager you need at least 9 points from first 5 PL games, if not sack him.

Install RVN as interim coach until Xmas and interview the following ;

1. T Tuchel
2. O Galsnar
3. A Iraola
4. Joachim Low
5. L De La Fuenti

Or wait and let RVN see the whole year and waiter Enrique or Ancotti to get the sack.
You must be having a laugh with Löw

It might even be possible to back him longer if he was a bit less arrogant. He’s a massive clown just based on the post-match press conference - Imagine thinking we’re second to City based on the cup trophies. He never even comes close to taking any responsibility for the results, always excuses.
The most worrying thing is that he probably believes the nonsense he comes out with. Sadly a lot of our fans lap it up too.

100% not disputing that. If he's hell bent on playing this way and our players continue to underperform he will pay with his job.

As a quick reminder he’s in season 3 not game 3. Last season we finished 8th and had a negative goal difference.