Erik ten Hag | 2024/25

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

• and crack

Results are only viewable after voting.
And you are free to do it. The point is that it introduces a lack of credibility especially when as far as I can remember you were vehement in your support. It's not a good look when there is nothing significant to change your mind.

But as you said you will and can say whatever you want.
Credibility to who? :lol:

I'm all for getting rid of Ten Hag but does anyone really want to see Ruud take over? Seems a terrible idea to me.

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt, Brighton away and Liverpool are really awkward fixtures and there is every chance we'd lose those games. He needed something at Brighton though, a draw was acceptable and that made today's defeat less of a kick in the balls.

He could go on a decent run from here and we also have the Europa league. Personally that's my biggest priority this season anyway as I think that's our best route back into the Champions league.

I think we all know that Ruud van Nistelrooy was brought in by the new guys with a view to him being the natural successor to EtH.

I think we all are aware of this, including EtH himself.

I'm all for getting rid of Ten Hag but does anyone really want to see Ruud take over? Seems a terrible idea to me.

Oh it's very much a recipe for disaster in more ways than one, and the people excited by it should be careful what they wish for. But at this point, I'd rather be served a different plate of shit, than continue to be served this one after all this time.

It wouldn't be my first choice but I'd take just about anyone at this point. This is the same rationale that saw Ten Hag cling to his job over the summer when he had no right to keep it.

The replacement question is crucial. Several folks suggest Ruud but I am not sure that's an improvement and reminds me of using Giggs and then Ole as temps ( we know what then happened). I think the owners have to stick with ETH until end of year at least to give the new team/structure a chance to work, and hopefully for them to have firmer ideas on who would be next (they surely have such plans in the works anyway for the long-term even if last June they concluded ETH was the man at this moment). I dread a Southgate appointment so I'm ok with backing ETH til Xmas.

Credibility to who? :lol:

It's a forum where you shared your opinions, where you have conversations. Not being credible defeats the purpose of interacting on a discussion forum but I could be mistaken.

I think he will be given to the end of September to turn it around. If he can’t get the performances and results in the next 3-4 games then I think he will be sacked and Ruud will take over on an interim basis.

I think he will be given to the end of September to turn it around. If he can’t get the performances and results in the next 3-4 games then I think he will be sacked and Ruud will take over on an interim basis.
This is very likely.

Where have the almost 60% who voted keep just 4 league games back gone.

He should've been sacked last winter and you lot played a huge part in him being kept on.

I couldn't understand the extended support for a man with no prior connection to the club, was backed enormously in the transfer market yet failed miserably and his tactics are sole destroying.

Even Moyes and Rangnick were better than this clown considering they never had a chance to build a team.

I have zero sympathy for him as he's become a multi millionaire in his time here and I'm sick of his iincreasingly defensive interviews, always blaming someone or something else than himself.

His sacking can't come soon enough for me.
Last winter? He should've been kicked out the moment 7-0 happened. You lot who forgave him for that played a huge part in him being kept on.

I think people talking about Ruud taking over are working under the presumption that Ten Hag will probably survive until November or December at least and if he gets fired then then presumably the season is basically a write off already (I believe our 4th write off season in 7 years) and so Ruud would come in as an interim. I'm not sure people are talking about him as a permanent appointment. If the change comes earlier then maybe a permanent appointment would be made.

At the risk of exposing the fact that I may be an asshole. Every single fan that actually backed him at the end of last season need to be quiet for a while. You can't ignore 2 seasons of BS from the manager just to have enough after three games in the third season. Especially when many of us made that point at the time and it wasn't received at all.
Fecking Scouts. They're all dickheads amirite.

So he only gets another 14 league games to prove his worth, surely he deserves more than that especially as signings need time to adapt and get up to speed. People wanted him to stay now they want to just ship before half the league games have been played if it’s not going well.

There either has to be faith in whatever it is he is trying to do or it’s move on as quickly as possible. He has to go in the summer because this scenario was inevitable and another season will be pissed away in no time.
Yeah I think giving him 17 games of a third season is enough to see if he can turn the ship around. Idk why it has to be so black or white, there's always room for nuance.

Where have the almost 60% who voted keep just 4 league games back gone.

He should've been sacked last winter and you lot played a huge part in him being kept on.

I couldn't understand the extended support for a man with no prior connection to the club, was backed enormously in the transfer market yet failed miserably and his tactics are sole destroying.

Even Moyes and Rangnick were better than this clown considering they never had a chance to build a team.

I have zero sympathy for him as he's become a multi millionaire in his time here and I'm sick of his iincreasingly defensive interviews, always blaming someone or something else than himself.

His sacking can't come soon enough for me.
I will never feel guilty about supporting this fraud that's for sure. He's a dead man walking

What’s the point really? It will just go to shit again as soon as we have a tough run, or the month after.

He shouldn't be givien another game after that. Managing Manchester United for another game after last season, nevermind what we witnessed today shouldn't be accepted. Standards at this club have truly plummeted.

Last edited:
In contrast, Ole’s last 15 League games…

IMG-0901.jpg

I'll never forget the abuse Ole got on here. An absolute disgrace in my opinion.

A club legend and scorer of the most important goal in our history.
A far better manager than ten Hag also. Was he world class, No but up until the last season he was doing a fine job only for the Ronaldo signing to derail things.
He can't be solely blamed for that either as literally everyone wanted Cristiano back with Fergie even getting involved.

I can tell you, We'd be in a far better position now if we'd stuck with him, McKenna and Carrick and let them solve the Ronaldo situation.

From his appearance on the Overlap, it looked to me that he'd been left badly damaged from that final season with probable ptsd and fan abuse played a huge part.
He deserved better and should've be supported more than an outsider like ten Hag who some fans think can do no wrong.

It's simple, fire him and hire Tuchel. Should never have been kept and the ownership folded to deluded fan pressure.

I still believe his first season wasn't even that great minus a brief positive run. It was basically his peak, which really is pitiful after all this time to be looking back that far for his "best" football.

The narrative back then was that it was the best season (and summer transfer window) we'd ever seen post Ferguson.
The signs were already so obvious that our team was on autopilot mode with next to no coaching. I don't get it how long it took something so obvious, so long for many to see

I think we all know that Ruud van Nistelrooy was brought in by the new guys with a view to him being the natural successor to EtH.

I think we all are aware of this, including EtH himself.
I dont. What in earth has RVN ever shown to make him that?

I actually agree with many on here. If you backed him at the end of last season you’re just being incredibly kneejerk to bail on your support at this stage. I’m still in the 10% voting back but at least I’m bloody consistent.

Is Ruud even good enough, or is this another Ole situation waiting to happen? The interim idea makes no sense 3 games into the season, we're essentially writing off another season before its even properly started.

If we bin ETH (we absolutely should), we should be bringing in his permanent replacement immediately instead of pissing about with bringing in ex players on an interim basis and hoping that vibes propel us again. Granted we've left it a bit late since the managerial merry go round has pretty much come and gone in preseason.

What’s the point really? It will just go to shit again as soon as we have a tough run, or the month after.
Our run right now is a bit tricky - Palace, Spurs, Villa, Brentford, Chelsea I think.

I'm in agreement he needs a run of convincing results if he's going right now, if he were to have a remote chance of surviving the season.

3rd place, a trophy and knocking Barca out of Europe is about as good as it has got in the past decade.
We need to stop this trophy thing, specially tin pot cups when no one else was taking as serious as us except Newcastle in the final.
The football has been fundamentally broken since January/February 2023

He's been walking a tightrope for a while and survived last season by the skin of his teeth thanks to the cup win. This loss pushes him over the edge for me. I'd be looking for a new manager.

Is Ruud even good enough, or is this another Ole situation waiting to happen? The interim idea makes no sense 3 games into the season, we're essentially writing off another season before its even properly started.

Completely agree. He should be a caretaker manager for a few games while someone else is hired, to give him the entire season would be frankly astonishing.