Erik ten Hag | 2024/25

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

• and crack

Results are only viewable after voting.
No hope. There's still a tonne of Jose and Ole fanboys hanging about. And even funnier is that the Welbeck thread still gets bumped 10 odd years after we sold him. Our fanbase have a very hard time moving on.

Might it be that the "Ole/Jose fanboys" are still around because they are actually fans of the club, and they just genuinely believe they would do a better job than what is currently happening.

I never wanted Jose at the club, thought everything about him joining us was wrong, but when he signed he was ours so I backed him until it no longer made sense.

Ole had a bad tendency to start out the seasons very poorly, then usually would right the ship to end the season in a good way. So much so that people kept saying the squad was so good that any other manager wins the league. Ten Hag both starts and ends a season poorly. Just some cup wins papering over the cracks to brush up his ego.

Yes we probably should try a completely new manager if the right person can be identified, but with the managers currently available I would much rather have Ole back in charge than a single minute more of Ten Hag, since I genuinely believe we would play better more entertaining football and get better results. And personally I wouldn't feel annoyed after every interview the manager does as I do now. (But I do know that others would.)

Still I will back the club for all time no matter who the manager is, I just wish it didn't ruin my mood most weekends these days.

Can someone pull up a stat to see how many times we scored 3 or more goals in a game under him vs under Ole. Even if he lead 1-0 or 2-0 I never have the confidence we will see it out under ETH.

I did this in March - going game by game - with the help of transfermarkt and looked like this:

times scoring 3 or more goals in all comps:

Mourinho - 32 times
Ole - 49 times
Ten Hag - 23 times

I did this in March - going game by game - with the help of transfermarkt and looked like this:

Mourinho - 32 times
Ole - 49 times
Ten Hag - 23 times
Appreciate it! I’m actually surprised we scored 3 goals or more that many time under this clown.

The higher ups who wanted rid of him, and but for Tuchels salary demands almost certainly would have gotten rid of him.
If they still feel the same, I have no doubt they'll absolutely do it. I don't think for a second that all these new guys are as incompetent as the previous guys. I mean couple of guys had previously worked for City who have set the standards in recent times and the other is hailed as one of the best in his role. If they feel no progress is being made, ETH will be out the next minute. At the minimum I have that much trust in them.

He did have a good plan for the FA Cup final, one that we need for most of the season. We're back to vacated midfield and pinging it forward too quickly and no real options or structure to our passing and closing down, he has this idea of transitions and pressure high up but it doesn't yield goals. We have no midfield control.

If you have Bruno turning the all over then you really need to be disciplined behind, you can't have huge gaps and playing more risky passes or needing to run with the ball surrounded. Even then with Bruno you can instruct him to work differently, he was brilliant in the final making up more a 3 man. Case can probably do his Madrid role yet we insist on trying to force a quick goal like time is running out.

3 fecking transfer windows, 600m and we can't pass or keep the ball still. ETH has to start setting us up properly or we'll be midtable. Ugarte is coming but how the feck do we have Kobbie and Collyer, it's like scorched earth out there.

It's not just the midfield though.

Our passes in the final third have no penetration. On the odd occasions we create some space (or the opponents gift us the space) then end up making a crap pass and the attack fizzles out.

At this moment in time I'd be happier with flying wingers, running to the byline and whipping crosses in. At least it creates more panic in the opposition box then our stodgy approach play

Mourinho - 32 times
Ole - 49 times
Ten Hag - 23 times
Have we done a 4? I think it’s just the FA cup vs Liverpool, right?

The higher ups who wanted rid of him, and but for Tuchels salary demands almost certainly would have gotten rid of him.
Do you have a source for that? I'm genuinely curious as I haven't seen that specific claim before.

Keeping him was a huge and unfathomable mistake - and now we’re in limbo until we sack him, which is inevitable.

The prospect of Southgate for Christmas seems nailed on…humbug.

How long has Harry Potter been at the club?

About time that journo actually explained and stuck it on him - far too long we've had to listen to his robotic drivel answers

he ain't coaching nothing

The 6 is left too isolated. He need to be helped more by the 8 and the CBsSurely the coaching staff can see
Surely the coaching staff can see this if all of us can? Given the season we just had, In addition ours like to play high risk/low reward passes in our own half

We haven’t improved in 2 full years, what do you possibly think will happen in the next 3 months?
New higher ups, new coaching staff, new players, new club doctor. EtH has demonstrated that he's flexible in how he sets up as well. There's plenty that could be different this season.

He’s also got a tough opening 3 Europa League games before end of November, I’ll go on record now and say if ETH has not achieved at least 12 points from next 6 games, Southampton(A), Palace(A), Spurs(H), Villa(A), Brentford(H), West Ham(A), which would be a very dismal 15 points from first 9 games, he’ll be sacked .

His three Europa League games are Twente(H), Porto(A), Fernabache(A)
Ironic really as Jose will probably get ETH the sack, he needs 5/6 points from those first three Europa league games too.

I could quite easily see panic stations next week with a draw or defeat to bottom of the table Saints, keep him and I see maximum 4/5 points from those 6 EPal games!

Imagine that 7/8 points from first 9 games and there will still be ETH fans backing the numpty !

Classic overreaction after 3 games, 1 of which includes a purring Liverpool side
This is a ten Hag side without Luke Shaw and Frenkie de Jong too (first choice midfield target). We’re only 6 points off the top and everyone’s lost their heads. Classic overreactions.

Makes no sense if they know what to do. Either they back him or they don’t. No reason to wait.
They will be as embarrassed as Utd/TH and maybe hope that it will pick up. We all know it won’t, let’s hope they realise it, sooner than later

The fact that we're seeing the same issues from last season is a big worry as most our issues are self inflicted and come from some combination of an arrogance and naivety in the quality of players we have and the quality of teams we are playing. It's just not excusable that we're so easy to be got at through the middle or that we continually underplay the importance of retaining the ball and actually trying to control the flow of the game in favour of making the game ultra frantic and trying to play off errors/individual moments.

I can only hope that in this new structure there are sensible people who can appropriately challenge ETH and get him to recognise that he can't be so stubborn in how he wants to play- he's never, ever going to have "exactly" the right players he wants, managing is all about making the best of the situation you're in and he continually doesn't do this.

New higher ups, new coaching staff, new players, new club doctor. EtH has demonstrated that he's flexible in how he sets up as well. There's plenty that could be different this season.
And yet we’re exactly the same. Why does every other club and manager implement styles of play and improve instantly yet we need 3 years?

Now imagine the pressure on Ugarte. The tackling machine from Urugay. His hype meter will be so high that a red card is presented within five minutes. Then his gone for three games.

The what shall EtH do? Put even more pressure on Collyer?

Neutral opinion here. For how long is it possible to say he isn't part of the problem?

We have a number of fans who see it as their absolute duty to defend a manager regardless of what a manager does, regardless of whether that means blaming every other member of staff at the club. It’s a romantic notion because we had the best one once.

Others like to think they’re better than everyone else by calling them knee jerk for judging a manager in his third season. They think that they’re the smartest in the room.

We’re a weird bunch. Lend us Amorim please.

It was just barely above shit. We had a decent 20-25 mins but had no control over that game either.

But yeah xG.

Pretty much. I thought I was in the twilight zone when I came on here and saw a handful claim we played well. I was tearing my hair out watching that game. It was pretty clear, to me anyway, that things would get messy if we played at that level against Brighton and Liverpool.

Months for Ugarte but he started Holjund 2 days after coming back from the break.

Because Hojlund was someone he wanted. He didn't want Ugarte, he'd rather have kept McTominay. He must have been so pissed today that he couldn't throw McTominay on for Casemiro at HT and hope and pray McTominay shithoused a couple of goals to make it look better.