Erik ten Hag | 2024/25

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

• and crack

Results are only viewable after voting.
It's been inevitable for a long time, and I have never thought that there was particularly any advantage in giving him more time.

His selection of the same players that routinely let him down, and quite clearly aren't behind his methods or tactics, it's the bit I find most bizarre. I can't believe he's doing it to get the sack quicker, I could maybe understand him doing it to show the board how much investment is still needed in the squad, but his best chance at keeping his job is surely youth + his signings.

Just don’t see it with him. His style of play is chaotic and won’t ever compete for the league title
His tactics of utter chaos can succeed in a cup competition. He however does not have the tactical game to sustain a league season. He comes up against better managers too often who work out easily how to stop us playing and play through us. Cups you also have a bit of luck involved, you will not get a whole season of luck in the league.

The back vote is gradually creeping up. Which is basically down to opposition fans signing up to Red Cafe, desperate to keep him here

I'm done with him. I liked him a lot but today was terrible. I could only watch the 1st half ( poor Wi-Fi at wedding I was at).

Our inability to progress the ball was painful. And we couldn't press them like at all.

And here we have Arne slot already playing different 3 games in. And Brighton playing the way they want with a new manager etc etc. watch how Barca have changed under flick already.

Several reputable journos reported it at the time. Ratcliffe and Tuchel had a personal meeting in Monaco and both parties basically briefed afterwards against the other.

Somewhere the negotiations broke down and it was either Tuchel's salary demands, or Ineos' view of the head coach role and not promising him the power/players he wanted, or a combination of both.

Negotiations also broke down with RdZ. Also it's very likely Ineos failed to deliver on that new contract with ETH because he did not accept the watered down role, loss of his veto and changing of his job title.
Fair enough, wages could be one of many reasons why he didn't sign. I'd be surprised if RdZ is making more at Marseille than he was offered by us which makes me think it was about control or some other reason.

Last year was a disaster but I backed him after the cup win. Slot taking a team with virtually no signings and making it his own is really something though when ETH needs hundreds of millions spent on past players from the Dutch league to serve up that

He won’t get long this season. The club wont let it persist if he doesn’t turn it around

I’d love someone to ask him how he thinks a spine as slow as Martinez, De Ligt, Casemiro, Mainoo, Bruno and Zirkzee can possibly ever be the “best transition team in the world” - how can that spine possibly cover the amount of space the transition game he actively encourages generates? It’s folly made worse by the fact he also signed Amrabat last season and supposedly wanted him again this summer.

Losing isn't a problem and I am also okay in keeping the midfield this open provided you are creating chance after chances.how many chances did we create today ?

Now the counter argument is, we are still lacking some good players who can test the likes of Liverpool. Fair enough, but then don't try to play expansive football against the likes of Liverpool then.

I dont think he has lost the job but it's almost becoming inevitable. Southampton away, Palace away, Spurs home and Villa away next.

He is getting the sack.

Yep, dipped below 90% keep now and I did a screenshot of the back voters but I don’t know how to post it?
Suffice to say, I don’t recognise any of the user names

Think there is an overreation here....knew there would be.

Unlucky against Brighton and we started this game well, a manager ant be blamed for three individual mistakes and Liverepool were very clinical with them. I still think with all playersback we have a chanceof the top four....dont think we make it though.

But THIS is my analysis of the season so far....so before a backlash begins.

He should have been sacked in the summer, winning a cup final also doesnt legislate for such a low league finish, lak of goals, myriad of chances created against us....any otherprevious manager would have been sacked.

His work in the transfer window over two summers was also shambolic....one good signing from what £400 m?

This summer has beena deen window, still not a great one....He DIDNT wantto sell McTominay....that says enough like he didnt the season before, or Maguire. And that was the ONLY outgoing that wasnt pretty much an obvious total deadwood one.

He obviosuly vetoed a newontrat for Fernandes aftertwo years managing him....a player that is actually a big partof the system he is failing to impliment. He also didnt demand the sale of Rashford wh would have raisedmoney for a wide signing that for me was VITAL this summer.

i hate the modern "philosophy" talk of managers, but we are STILL not seeing one andmost of what he is actually trying toimpliment isnt working.

He will 100% be gone by the summer

No idea and no way to check since the mods kept deleting every single poll and all ETH critical threads last season.
Fair enough. It was as much as kneejerk then as it is now in my view. One result shouldn't define keeping/sacking. My position at the end of last season was he was hamstrung by a lot of off field issues and that his first season here was good and so was in support of keeping him.

Now though, it can't continue like last season and he has no where to hide. Sure, there are individual mistakes that are leading to goals this season but he also shares the blame. It's all a big clusterfeck and as the head coach it's his responsibility to dig this team out of it.

Last year was a disaster but I backed him after the cup win. Slot taking a team with virtually no signings and making it his own is really something though when ETH needs hundreds of millions spent on past players from the Dutch league to serve up that

He won’t get long this season. The club wont let it persist if he doesn’t turn it around
Don't know if you or anyone else saw but there is a video of Slot talking about how to beat United after the game and it was painful to watch.

Reminded me of when Marco Silva (I think) explained exactly how to beat us under Ole. His days are numbered.

He's a fecking idiot.

Neville's a fecking idiot too mind.
You have to take the mindless emotion out of things sometimes and agree with the opinion not the person.

Carragher is absolutely spot on about United under Ten Hag and has been for a while.

Beaten by two new managers to the PL also which is damming.

Enough is enough. He’s been backed to the hilt by the new structure but still plays the same naive tactics that obviously doesn’t work. You can’t be asking your fullbacks to push up high when your midfield has repeatedly shown it cannot beat the press.

I’m all for implementing a playing style but some pragmatism is in order. ETH is too stubborn to adapt. How many more games like this do we need as proof? He takes too much risk in a league when the smallest mistake will be duly punished.

Just end the nightmare and send him packing. Hard to imagine any caretaker manager doing worse than Eric. It’s ironic that INEOS has shown ruthlessness in everything so far except the most important part - the manger.

Should caveat I think ETH should go and I voted sack but I don't think now is good timing. Once they let him off in the summer, he probably should be given another month or two to at least see whether there is progress. I don't really consider this as "back" as I want him gone eventually, it's more a matter of timing.

Come on, 2 cups in 2 seasons, the best domestic team - apart from City - and the worst injury list since the battle of the Somme. All he needs is more time and a thrilling, intelligent style of play will emerge.

Yep, dipped below 90% keep now and I did a screenshot of the back voters but I don’t know how to post it?
Suffice to say, I don’t recognise any of the user names

Even the reddevils subreddit want him gone, and they’re normally a “back the manager” crowd.

The exact same issues exist every time we play. Suicide football, massive gaps all over the place, trying to play the ball out through the middle of the park in deep positions, over committing, ceding possession too easy etc, and that’s not even mentioning his shite in game management.

We’re not improving, we aren’t better. We’ve regressed and the manager is gaslighting people at this point. Ten Hag has had his chance, he’s been backed and he’s fecked it. Better managers haven’t had the time or support he’s been afforded.
We were better in EtH's first season than we were in the Ole/Ragnick season, is what I meant. I've already said that we were really poor last season but I think we've been better this season, so far. If you think he's screwed up his chance 3 games into the season then fair enough, I'm content to give him more of a chance but not for too much longer.

Oh you as well. The fact that you think having a new club doctor will somehow affect how we play. That new club doctor btw has been here for a while. So great contribution on your part as well.
I never said I think the new club doctor will change how we play, be serious. It could however help us have our best players available more often. You've picked out one part of my post and then misconstrued what I meant, good job.

At Real Madrid he would had been sacked long time ago.

I was pretty surprised he kept his job after having a shit season in the league and being an embarrassment, yet again, in the UCL. I know United doesn't have very high standards for this things to begin with but I would be fuming if I was a fan of the club for the lack of accountabilty.

It's very early in the season and the management wants to back him up but given the past season he was always going to be in a lot of pressure whenever the team goes into a string of bad results. That's not a very good enviorment to build a new project so that was another reason to get a replacement. As an outsider I find it very amusing the way your club is being run out and very curious if he's going to survive this season.

The sad thing is that we probably need to see at least five more games like this to see him sacked and then it's already too late. This happens every time.

But the performance today (not only the scoreline) was just abysmal and depressing.

Feel a bit sorry for him, because the unluck with injuries is unreal. We barely have had any games and already many key players injured. Can't criticize that we spent X amount of money and not performing when most of the people brought in are unavailable. But seems it is almost impossible to turn this ship around and a new start may be needed just for momentum alone. Also the FA cup really changed the context of last season because looking back, the massive warning signs have always been there.