• Sack

• Back

• and crack

Results are only viewable after voting.
Last 15 games:

last15games.png

No other clubs would allow this.
Atrocious.

His ridiculous masterplan of a 'transition' team just isn't going to work consistently. I actually think the squad in itself whilst not world beating is nowhere near as bad as people make out. Apart from Salah, Van Dick and Alisson, you could interchange many of the players from the two sides today and the result would probably be the same.

Regardless, a match sharp Ugarte is not going to have us winning games. I suppose we'd have lost 1-0 instead of 3-0.

Or maybe we don’t concede any of those goals.

So it’s better to write off the season already ?
No, when did I say we should write off the season? If I thought keeping EtH meant writing off the season I'd vote to sack him. My position is a mixture of positivity from what ive seen so far, a desire to see our new signings under EtH, and trust that the higher ups at the club know a bit more than us fans.

He’s like the worst of all the managers we’ve had since Ferguson left, like you somehow managed to put them all in a lab and extract all their worst traits you exit with ten Hag.
It is genuinely worse than that. More toxic than Mourinho, more clueless than Moyes, more deluded than Ole, more arrogant than Van Gaal. I have disliked all United managers since SAF, but he is the only one I truly hate. I have no idea what Ineos were fecking thinking when they decided to keep him and even extend his contract for another year. What is the point of signing good players if the plan is to sabotage them by keeping a clown managing them?

Pre season is for building fitness. I mean if thats the hill you want to die on so be it
Playing 10-15 mins versus 45 mins is a huge difference when you don’t have the fitness and training. The rest of the lads had been training for a couple of weeks at least. Hojlund just returned from the break 2 days before and went straight in. If you can’t see that there is a difference there then I can’t help you.

He has a style of play, that's not where the issue lies. The issue is that elite sport depends heavily on minutiae and he seemingly don't care about it at all, the big picture is very obvious, we are setup for fast breaks from the inside to the outside, now the issue is that everyone is going to gameplan against it and in normal circumstances a good coaching staff is going to anticipate most counter actions setup by the opposition and put his players in a position to succeed or at least mitigate weaknesses but our manager seemingly doesn't do that, we have the same obvious issues since summer 2022, opponents have exploitated these issues since autumn 2022 and we seem to think that by purchasing more expensive players these issues will disappear. But the reality is that if jump into a trap, you will be trapped, it doesn't matter if jump with more speed, higher or with more style you still jumped right on the trap.
The only logical conclusion is that it worked in Holland because squad personnel was just much better than everyone else. Not only are teams just not afraid to come at us, managers here of varying club levels are just as smart (let’s be honest probably smarter) as ten Hag.

I will never understand the decision to keep him, extend his contract and give him another go in the transfer market. It will never make sense. They had the perfect opportunity to get rid but for some reason expected something different to happen in another season. Keeping a manager because of a flukey cup win where we played the kind of football that normally wouldn't work against most sides, what could possibly go wrong?
The decision was because loads of Utd fans were screaming at them and pressuring them to keep him. If they had sacked him and things hadn't started well under the new manager, the fans would have been saying we should have stuck with ETH and turned on the new manager and team immediately. That's why. INEOS obviously didn't want to keep him or they wouldn't have been interviewing other managers. I blame our reactionary fans mostly for this. I also put some blame on INEOS for then basing our transfers this summer around ETH staying for the long-term though. Most of the players we brought in are suited to a transition, counter-attacking style of play instead of a possession-based approach.

It is genuinely worse than that. More toxic than Mourinho, more clueless than Moyes, more deluded than Ole, more arrogant than Van Gaal. I have disliked all United managers since SAF, but he is the only one I truly hate. I have no idea what Ineos were fecking thinking when they decided to keep him and even extend his contract for another year. What is the point of signing good players if the plan is to sabotage them by keeping a clown managing them?
I also think his style of football has been the level with Moyes for the worst. We’ve had the most batterings by far and I think fewest goals scored under his reign per game.

Nah, Casemiro did that. But it’s on EtH playing him. Everyone can see that he is cooked. Anyhow, Ineos need to be ruthless now.

In fairness casemerio is the one that got punished but we lost the ball Infront of the back four so many times today that's it's not even funny. Martinez/de ligt/mainoo and collyer were all victims of it aswell as casemerio.

And when we did lose it there the full backs were both so high that Liverpool had an overload nearly every time.

And it's not like all that risk of playing into dangerous area with no cover against a team known to be one of the best at winning the ball high and pressing actually earnt us anything, because our play in the final third is frankly embarrassing, and has been throughout ETH's time here.

ETH takes huge risks with both his build up play and pressing structure for absolutely no gain in attacking output.

It's quite clear he isn't up to it in the PL.

Whilst i am far from happy with ETH I can’t possibly be ETH out 3 games in. It’s feels too knee jerk. I will give him another 10 games.

The 6 is left too isolated. He need to be helped more by the 8 and the CBs

Playing 10-15 mins versus 45 mins is a huge difference when you don’t have the fitness and training. The rest of the lads had been training for a couple of weeks at least. Hojlund just returned from the break 2 days before and went straight in. If you can’t see that there is a difference there then I can’t help you.
Hojlund played in the Euros and trained with the national team.
And that is no comparison to Ugarte coming into a competitive PL game.

Going into a preseason less intense game is different to coming into a PL game

If you replace him with someone, the new manager might get you guys to a top 5 this season, but in the long term, I dont see any option better than Ten Haag. And the cycle restarts again.
This absolute tripe was spouted all of last season and is the reason why we are here today. He’s a poor coach. His tactics will not work in the PL.

It was silly to keep him for this season, he is never turning this round and being successful. Every game he stays is just wasting more time.
You're welcome to have that opinion, I just have a different opinion! As I said, if we haven't improved by Christmas I'll have no complaints if he's sacked.

I also think his style of football has been the level with Moyes for the worst. We’ve had the most batterings by far and I think fewest goals scored under his reign per game.
It is far worse than with Moyes. We had the random matches where we actually outplayed or even demolished other teams under Moyes (5-0 against Leverkusen for example), there is nothing like that with ten Hag. And for all the humiliations we got under Moyes, we get far more under EtH.

Moyes played a shit system that was the best he can do. EtH plays a system that anyone who has ever watched a couple of football matches knows that it cannot work. It is self-sabotage for 18 months now, never seen anything like that in my time watching football.

He did have a good plan for the FA Cup final, one that we need for most of the season. We're back to vacated midfield and pinging it forward too quickly and no real options or structure to our passing and closing down, he has this idea of transitions and pressure high up but it doesn't yield goals. We have no midfield control.

If you have Bruno turning the ball over then you really need to be disciplined behind, you can't have huge gaps and playing more risky passes or needing to run with the ball surrounded. Even then with Bruno you can instruct him to work differently, he was brilliant in the final making up more a 3 man. Case can probably do his Madrid role yet we insist on trying to force a quick goal like time is running out.

3 fecking transfer windows, 600m and we can't pass or keep the ball still. ETH has to start setting us up properly or we'll be midtable. Ugarte is coming but how the feck do we have Kobbie and Collyer, it's like scorched earth out there.

Last edited:
Radcliffe looked like he was going smash someone up when camaras panned in on him and rest of the INEOS crew towards end of the game.

Made mistake keeping him on. They need to start getting the ball in motion for a replacement it won't be long until till Ten Hag be gone.

Can't see anything improving.
Well he probably knows he’s majorly fecked up.

Wasn’t it Ashworth and Wilcox that wanted him sacked and SJR and Berrada that wanted to keep him?

There's no way he can turn this around. This is his level. There's no upside