Erik ten Hag | 2024/25

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

• and crack

Results are only viewable after voting.
I will never understand the decision to keep him, extend his contract and give him another go in the transfer market. It will never make sense. They had the perfect opportunity to get rid but for some reason expected something different to happen in another season. Keeping a manager because of a flukey cup win where we played the kind of football that normally wouldn't work against most sides, what could possibly go wrong?
Yep. They could have gotten rid of him with very little issue. Now he still needs to go as was the case in the summer, but we're 3 games into the season having just spent the summer with him influencing the rebuild. Very, very fecking dumb.

Yeah. The easiest way to play United is press their 2 midfield pivots. Even me I know that. Imagine a paid Liverpool manager with all resources around him, he will 100% chew United
Its clear since his first season. Why he sticks with that formtion at this point is just plain stupid

Just shows you how much difference Martinez makes on the side and our midfield. If he wasn't there today I bet we lose this 3-0 instead of winning 3-0.

He gets 10 games max. November international break. I’m worried how unfit we look, we never start a season well under Ten Hag and Christ we don’t half need Ugarte to come in and shake up the midfield

It's weird. There's no way Barrada at City would have been okay with this level of output, surely to feck.
He wouldn’t have survived last season at any top club in Europe, probably would have been sacked from every single top half club.

His first season was very good and I thought we were on the right track. I’m not sure why it’s gone so horribly wrong since, but it’s nowhere near good enough. We will have to see what transpires in the coming weeks. He needs a significant improvement or he loses his job.

Yeah I can’t carry on like that. I hate the idea of him being here, absolutely despise it.

Glad to hear it mate. The wum was ridiculous.

He absolutely has to go. Be great if INEOS were proactive and pulled the plug this week.

@Cheimoon, I must say I am confused. We have a new thread which is meant to move past the bickering and have a real conversation, and then you put up a sack/back poll after 3 games?
It is nonsense. The time to sack was in summer, but he was backed, and now we have to approach the new season calmly and rationally.
If there definitively is not a time to sack a manager, it is now. The targets and expectations are defined and will have to be monitored, a terrible result today but of course if the decision was to continue with Ten Hag it won't be questioned because of single games.

Anyway, long story short, I'd be interested to know the standing of the poll but I refuse to vote in it at this point. Can someone tell me? I was for sacking him but it feels moronic to vote for sacking him in September.
It’s always a right time to repair a mistake. Everyone knows we are going nowhere. Why wait ?

The most frustrating thing is we made decisions based on ETH being here. Based on the start to the season (and how we performed most of last season), I'd be shocked if he's still here by November. We brought in Ugarte because he would suit a transitional counter-attacking style of football, but what if our new manager wants possession football? Suddenly we've wasted money on a midfielder who doesn't suit this style of play. We've let Sancho go on honestly a really bad deal after learning more about the details. Obviously Sancho was never going to play under ETH but he might have been useful as a squad player for a new manager. We've brought in Mazraoui and De Ligt clearly based mostly on their past with ETH. Zirkzee, who knows if it was because ETH wanted him or if there was another reason. I haven't seen anything in his 3 performances here or his stats to suggest he was what we needed to solve our goal problems.

I've got a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach after today tbh. Feels like we've made mistakes. The campaigning from so many fans and the pressure they put on INEOS to keep ETH has delayed our progress imo.

The people claiming that Fulham performance was "good" look even weirder now.
It was just barely above shit. We had a decent 20-25 mins but had no control over that game either.

But yeah xG.

And when the same thing happens without Casemiro, what do we say? Keeping in mind that it did happen without Casemiro today and has been happening for two years with and without Casemiro.

And it probably will. I can’t defend him anymore. Something is wrong and it can’t be fixed imo. Need to go asap.

I am sure we can afford a decent manager in
We were very close to the PSR limit at the end of the year. No chance they could afford to fork out tens of millions to sack Ten Hag at that point. They also couldn't not make any decision so just triggered the extra year in his contract.

He wouldn’t have survived last season at any top club in Europe, probably would have been sacked from every single top half club.
Had the likes of Real Madrid had a season like last season, they' would have had 2-3 managers

He’s horrific, absolutely clueless. 3 seasons in, countless signings backed by him and on a day like this we look worse than you would expect some of the lower half teams to perform.

But we will persist with him because for some reason he has made the entire club and our fan base think he has a clue. We kept him based on an FA Cup win where we were half an inch away from being eliminated by Coventry. He’s here to stay.
Looks like emotion finally got the better of you. :lol:

Tired of seeing this poker head bring our club down to knees, after spending more than half a billion, getting players that he wanted, still stuck with rotten excuses and he thinks we are some small time club who are happy with a Carling cup and winning a FA cup while finishing 8th and last in the easiest UCL group.

I hope some one gives him a reality check, even accepting that we are bad will at least make us start something new on the training ground, but he thinks we are the 2nd most successful club after city during his time and hence let’s gloat about it.

Nothings going to change until he is here as his style of management or football simply doesn’t work with an actual big club. His calibre is to manage a mid table club or in a league where there’s hardly any competition. Clearly, he is not the answer.

Have you noticed every time we don’t get a result he claims we were in the game till the minute before the other team scored. Like if they score in the 77th minute he will claim we did well till the 75th minute until they scored. He does the same today. We were in it till 30 minutes. The truth is we were still shit and gave up possession far too often.

Feel like the same as last season? "I don't think you are right. You can see the XG we didn't concede as many goals. I don't think we are in the same pattern. It was sometimes open and we took risks. But I don't want to talk about this after a 3-0 defeat to Liverpool. Well done Liverpool. We have to be humble and take it.
Wish someone would ask why he feels justified in taking these risks when time and time again it doesn't matter how many of our players get forward they can't bloody score a goal for 90% of the time. When Casemiro lost the ball for the first goal both our fullbacks were on or over the halfway line and i think it was three against four. I heard Onana say 'we're going to take a lot of risks this season' but there's no careful calculation for those risks. It's just not working.

Also xG can be such a distortion of the game sometimes. Poor excuse.

Nah, Casemiro did that. But it’s on EtH playing him. Everyone can see that he is cooked. Anyhow, Ineos need to be ruthless now.

Are you OK? The tweet is referring to Slot breaking down how we play on Sky:

"simple as that"

These are the league stats since the League Cup Win back in February 2023. This is our long term form under Ten Hag. It's shocking and has been for so, so, SO fecking long.

Win %​
Loss %​
Games​
W​
D​
L​
GF​
GA​
GD​
Pts​
Pts P Game​
49.09%​
36.36%​
55​
27​
8​
20​
76​
78​
-2​
89​
1.62​
Yep. Since the League Cup win we haven’t put more than 3 good 90 minutes together. It’s disgraceful.

Tactically inept
Has been in denial about certain players like Casemiro, Onana

What is Mainoo's position suppose to be? He's never next to Casemiro when we lose the ball. He doesn't have to engine and pace for box to box and neither the strength to carry the ball forward into opposition halves.

Am sure the whole false 9 BS was his idea as well,when we needed another striker

We don't have a good enough team to play 2 in the middle, please don't set Ugarte up to fail

Our connection as a team is really bad, numerous times our players struggle to find a forward pass.

He's had enough time, it's not going to get any better if it's like this after £616million

91% sack.
I fully expect it to settle around 70-30 over the international break, as emotions come down, excuses start coming in again, and fans begin to forget just how bad we've actually been.

Unless he tells Casemiro to sit back and play simple pass and break attacks, tell Bruno to not be 50 yards ahead, nothing will change