Erik ten Hag | 2024/25

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

• and crack

Results are only viewable after voting.
He has to be on borrowed time, we're a team going nowhere fast and the sooner we bin him the better. It's obviously not his fault that Casemiro is such a liability but he sets us up to fail time and time again.

I was worried going into the season but hoped for improvement from last season but it's just rinse and repeat.

The tactic is clear on both maps; kick it to Amad and let him cook. Mount to his credit dues excellent off the ball work and offers himself as an outlet to everyone. Kicking it to Rashy is another one we try repeatedly.
I disagree. There have way more interplay in the games so far this season than just kicking it out wide to our wingers.
FuvGrC.gif

His Ajax team were very good.

Looking like a classic case where a manager inherits a team whose club is predominantly pioneered by a very specific philosophy. When a manager does well under such conditions it's hard to draw a basis on how much influence they had vs the proposition of the club culture already being embedded and the manager essentially steering the ship from then on.

Outside of this, narration of ideas is worth consideration, Erik is likely easily received speaking his native language but how well does the basis of his instructions resonate with his incoherent English?

This is excluding his lack of charisma for English culture and how his personality comes across with the players.

I think Erik has lost all credibility for us as fans given consideration to what he did at Ajax. Respectfully United is different gravy and English football is perhaps the biggest differentiator, he's up against some of the best coaches and he's consistently firing up blanks.

Surely if you watched the game you have to say it never at any point looked like being a draw. So again, what’s the point of posting it? It never looked like a draw if you’re honest with yourself
I disagree. I'd say for about half of the game it looked like we could've drawn. Again, the point of xg is to look at the actual shots that occurred during a match to see which team would score more on average.

He is not to blame for mistakes made by individuals.

We need to back him - I feel we will be stronger after the international break, and hopefully go on a strong run.
Is this a sarcastic post? If not, I would really question your sanity. It was piss poor management from him today. We were open every time Liverpool had the ball in the final third. He keeps selecting subpar players like Casemiro and Rashford. He has 0 in-game skills - looked clueless from the touch line.

I am all for giving managers time and I am not calling for his head yet but to absolve him of all responsibility and blame it entirely on individual mistakes is pathetic. At the very least, those individual mistakes happened from “his” players so he needs to take responsibility.

In fact, we were lucky that the score was 4 or 5-0 in the end.

Looking like a classic case where a manager inherits a team whose club is predominantly pioneered by a very specific philosophy. When a manager does well under such conditions it's hard to draw a basis on how much influence they had vs the proposition of the club culture already being embedded and the manager essentially steering the ship from then on.

Outside of this, narration of ideas is worth consideration, Erik is likely easily received speaking his native language but how well does the basis of his instructions resonate with his incoherent English?

This is excluding his lack of charisma for English culture and how his personality comes across with the players.

I think Erik has lost all credibility for us as fans given consideration to what he did at Ajax. Respectfully United is different gravy and English football is perhaps the biggest differentiator, he's up against some of the best coaches and he's consistently firing up blanks.
That was literally what I said mate

Also I would expect better from this forum. Putting up a Sack poll after a game like this is just poor form.
90% voting sack is unexpected to say the least, I would of voted sack even before this game honestly.
We are going nowhere with this guy in charge, last season there were injuries, now it's new players needed to adjust and so on. It will never end.
We are poor all over the pitch and a mid table team.

You're a little naive if you don't think they are surveying fan sentiment on social media et cetera.
Social media of who? You're just made up things. INEOS clearly interviewed many other managers and just didn't fancy any.

He has to tell Casemiro to sit little deep and Bruno to help in midfield. Seems like none of Mainoo , Caemiro or Bruno had any idea where they have to be on the pitch

Can someone pull up a stat to see how many times we scored 3 or more goals in a game under him vs under Ole. Even if he lead 1-0 or 2-0 I never have the confidence we will see it out under ETH.

His Ajax team were very good.
I think he does ok at a club like them again, or Dortmund or something like that. Even city where the pressure is off because nobody watches or cares

But he isn’t suited to a major club with huge expectations. He doesn’t have the personality for it

No, he wouldn't. It's Martínez that would very likely play left-back under any other manager, with one of Maguire or De Ligt partnering Yoro at CB, with Evans and Lindelöf as back-ups for both LCB and RCB.
I was talking about the previous history between DeLigt and Tuchel

What’s Carragher saying? I’m not watching it.

He called out the reality that INEOS weren't behind the manager, if they were then why were they interviewing and making agent enquiries around Europe.

He also agreed with the notion that United's ability to not progress further is due to the managers influence compared to another factor.

It's important because Carragher isn't a fan so he's far more objective to listen to compared to Neville.

All of his assessments last season were correct.

This team is being held back by a rubbish manager.

Everything that comes out of this clowns mouth just infuriates me even more at this point. Delusional doesn’t even begin to describe it.
He's the United manager I have disliked the most, such a waste of time and money.

He better hope and pray Ugarte makes a big difference, because the excuses are wearing thin now.

My only hope is that we appear to now have a more decisive hierarchy in charge. He won't last much longer.

Noticed today how many times we had a player in the middle of the park completely free but as soon as they got the ball they would be hounded from all sides with no obvious out pass. Surely it was by design from Liverpool but we had no answer

Think he lost his job today. Might not happen today but I think he made a few minds up.
Once we beat Southampton he'll be declared the second coming of ferguson. Our fanbase have no conviction when evidence hits them in the face.

I wonder at what point the other 10% will finally have enough? How low exactly have the standards dropped for some fans (and apparently our decision makers)?

Where do those who voted to keep (and are not opposition fans) draw that line?
I voted back because that's what the club has done this summer and it'd be silly to sack him 3 matches into the season before the new signings are even playing. If we're still playing poorly and losing the majority of games around Christmas then I'd have no problem with him being fired.

We're now into his third year and I genuinely can't think of one thing we do well under him.

And apart from being willing to give youth a chance, I don't see anything that he does well either.

I voted back because I genuinely don't know how you can sack a manager that was so vocally and unequivocallyfavoured by the clubs fanbase even after last season.

The fanbase are the soul of the club, they'll outlive the INEOS, Glazers, managers and players. This is a football club, not a business and all the board are here to do is to deliver what the clubs key stakeholders (the fans) want.

Let him see out his contract, unless Old Trafford turns on him. Only then ineos will have the mandate to sack him. Until then you have to keep him.
I sincerely hope this is sarcasm.

Enough of this clown show. Enough of these humiliations against freaking Liverpool. He had enough time to put the team playing proper football. Footballers are not blameless but he's the main culprit. He's an awful manager and clearly not United level.

He better hope and pray Ugarte makes a big difference, because the excuses are wearing thin now.
What difference can Ugarte possibly make? Maybe he doesn’t make the same mistakes Casemiro did and it takes Liverpool 10 minutes more to take the lead. He won’t make us any more fluid going forward, he won’t make us play cohesive football when the basics aren’t there.