Erik ten Hag | 2024/25

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

• and crack

Results are only viewable after voting.
Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag speaking to BBC Match of the Day: "It's quite simple. We were in the game. It was equal after half an hour then we made two big mistakes and Liverpool took them really well. It was good finishes and they were very clinical. When you are 2-0 down against Liverpool, they are very dynamic. We brought someone on with legs.

"We tried to get it to 2-1. We had the shot with Joshua Zirkzee that could have done that, then we made another mistake. It was a really clinical finish from Mohamed Salah. I have to credit this and compliment Liverpool on how they finish. They were great goals.

"It's individual quality. Liverpool have great players but I think we have such players as well. Zirkzee had very good positions and was nearly there. We will be fine. We have to improve, we know that. Today we have to take this but we will bounce back.

"It was the first start from Zirkzee and Alejandro Garnacho this season. We had players who came on to make an impact. We had some players who are not used to 90 min utes."

Surely him somehow fluking a Europa League win will cement him as a manager for another year.
Don’t worry he won’t make it that far. Even if he stays till dec our performance in the group stage will be so bad they will make that change.

The manager has no idea how to move this team forward.
He's got no style of play and is easily beaten by lesser teams and their managers.
Your time is up EtH

Hope this guy’s fanboys go with him.

No hope. There's still a tonne of Jose and Ole fanboys hanging about. And even funnier is that the Welbeck thread still gets bumped 10 odd years after we sold him. Our fanbase have a very hard time moving on.

Start of 3rd season and losing 3-0 at home. Slot just came in and beat him in his 3rd game as Liverpool manager.

It's Villa against United on October 6th, last game before next International break. Palace away, Spurs at home, Porto and Villa away, those could be the end of ten Hag's tenure.

He probably won't get sacked right now and they'll let him try improve in September with Shaw, Ugarte and Hojlund.

It'll be nice for him to spend Christmas with his family.

Don’t worry he won’t make it that far. Even if he stays till dec our performance in the group stage will be so bad they will make that change.
The change has to happen now.

At least 70% of people here wanted ten Hag sacked on 25th May but before the Fa Cup final game. Then after the game and over next week it was 51 or 52% to keep him.
Yep and it was a mental knee jerk reaction.

Start of 3rd season and losing 3-0 at home. Slot just came in and beat him in his 3rd game as Liverpool manager.

It's Villa against United on October 6th, last game before next International break. Palace away, Spurs at home, Porto and Villa away, those could be the end of ten Hag's tenure.

He probably won't get sacked right now and they'll let him try improve in September with Shaw, Ugarte and Hojlund.
This will be a useless waste of time

Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag speaking to Sky Sports: "We made mistakes and they were very clinical in finishing. They did very well."

On whether Liverpool's forwards were allowed to run at his defence: "I don't think so. If I see all the chances we conceded, I don't think that's what happened. We made mistakes. It was all individual errors. Maybe the last one you can debate where our double-six was. Liverpool did brilliant but the goals conceded expectations were not that high.

"It's clear Liverpool deserved the win. We have to be humble, take this and improve our game."

On Casemiro being taken off: "It is what the team needed. You know when you are 2-0 down against Liverpool you have to take more risks, it will be open. When you are losing you have to take more risks. I have to give compliments to the team. You have to keep fighting and sticking together."

How did he take it? "You know the game and he knows the game. He will go on and we will go on. He's a great player. We will continue this season to improve the team and the players."

Is he still able to play at the highest level? "He improved and has shown so often that he is a great character. We all have seen great moments from him and him be decisive in midfield. He will show that again and will bounce back."

Feel like the same as last season? "I don't think you are right. You can see the XG we didn't concede as many goals. I don't think we are in the same pattern. It was sometimes open and we took risks. But I don't want to talk about this after a 3-0 defeat to Liverpool. Well done Liverpool. We have to be humble and take it.

"There are many games to play and I know where we will be at the end of the season. We will go for trophies. That will stand."

Still a squad in transition in your third season? "In the two years, we took two prizes. We will see where we are at the end of the season. We brought new players in. There are still some players not available. The opponent is probably a little bit further in certain areas but we will catch up and come back. I don't want to talk about good things today. We lost 3-0. We have to stand up and bounce back."

I somehow doubt it. I think they will be very reluctant to sack him even if results are horrible. I fully expect him to still be there Sep 2025 just like I expected him to remain here throughout last season. He has somehow managed to enchant our entire board with his sweet talk.

Not taking us to the promised land, didn't work out. Should be sacked.

We refuse to hire a coach who wants to dominate the ball and play attacking football. All these tumescent counter attack managers are doing my nuts in.

Couldn't agree more. I thought we were past that phase when ETH came in, but nope. Jose's football was probably better tbh.

To be fair he made every mind that mattered up after the Brentford shambles. And then again after the Palace 4-0.

That bald head is made of teflon.
Minds can be made up, minds can also be changed especially through emotion.

he's lucky we aren't run by AI

I somehow doubt it. I think they will be very reluctant to sack him even if results are horrible. I fully expect him to still be there Sep 2025 just like I expected him to remain here throughout last season. He has somehow managed to enchant our entire board with his sweet talk.
Our C-suite will NOT put up with it. Maybe Arnold and Murtough not this group.

FuvGrC.gif
Again, like I said before, I don't know where that tweet gets that info from as Opta has it a bit different. Sure Rashford is used as a out ball the same way Salah is used but it is nowhere near as bad as that tweet shows. And we did have good interplay in the previous games.

Just trying to stay objective and rational here. If he goes, he goes. I trust the leadership team to make that decision. He has nowhere to hide this season, that much is clear from my side.

He’s horrific, absolutely clueless. 3 seasons in, countless signings backed by him and on a day like this we look worse than you would expect some of the lower half teams to perform.

But we will persist with him because for some reason he has made the entire club and our fan base think he has a clue. We kept him based on an FA Cup win where we were half an inch away from being eliminated by Coventry. He’s here to stay.

Hahaha the mask has finally slipped.

Last 15 games:

last15games.png

No other clubs would allow this.
It wasn't much better after 12 games, but we still kept ten Hag thinking it would be different... somehow...

I will never understand the decision to keep him, extend his contract and give him another go in the transfer market. It will never make sense. They had the perfect opportunity to get rid but for some reason expected something different to happen in another season. Keeping a manager because of a flukey cup win where we played the kind of football that normally wouldn't work against most sides, what could possibly go wrong?

I'm so bored of it all now. We are litt just delaying the inevitable as we did all last season.

We are talking about a manager that deserves to be fired before Christmas last year and yet he is still here.

It's madness

He’s horrific, absolutely clueless. 3 seasons in, countless signings backed by him and on a day like this we look worse than you would expect some of the lower half teams to perform.

But we will persist with him because for some reason he has made the entire club and our fan base think he has a clue. We kept him based on an FA Cup win where we were half an inch away from being eliminated by Coventry. He’s here to stay.
It's weird. There's no way Barrada at City would have been okay with this level of output, surely to feck.

Noticed today how many times we had a player in the middle of the park completely free but as soon as they got the ball they would be hounded from all sides with no obvious out pass. Surely it was by design from Liverpool but we had no answer
Yeah. The easiest way to play United is press their 2 midfield pivots. Even me I know that. Imagine a paid Liverpool manager with all resources around him, he will 100% chew United

I just hope we keep this energy after we scab a 1-0 over Southampton instead of pretending the 'new system' and Ugarte makes everything okay.

At least 70% of people here wanted ten Hag sacked on 25th May but before the Fa Cup final game. Then after the game and over next week it was 51 or 52% to keep him.
I'll never get this tbh. Did one game really matter that much for so many people, even if they had an opinion on Ten Hag before? And going further, have those people already changed their minds after next 3 games we played since the final?