Erik ten Hag | 2024/25

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

• and crack

Results are only viewable after voting.
fecking hell

So many things to look at there. 16 points in 15 games. -7 goal difference. 0 away wins. Draws and losses at home adding up to more than wins. +1 goal difference at home.

It gets worse the more you look at it.

He is not to blame for mistakes made by individuals.

We need to back him - I feel we will be stronger after the international break, and hopefully go on a strong run.

Since preseason?? This has been going on for a decade.
Our front 3 is mid table at best.
I meant compared to last season atleast the chance creation went up. Last season we scored like 57 goals from 57 xG. But that is in no way defending anyone here as we have a very small sample and it might well revert back to being shit.

It’s ridiculous people are posting that stat. To show what?
It shows that based on what actually happened in the match a draw would occur most often. You can argue that Liverpool eased off or shouldve scored more but that's all hypothetical.

Absolute conman! This does not do what it says on the tin. The difference in what we thought we were getting watching his Ajax teams play and the reality is staggering, there’s zero similarities other than personnel, and even they look like completely different players!

A lot of people knew how this story would end if he stayed and here we are. So many were duped by the FA cup win. This guy hasn't shown anything in terms of tactics and play style and he's had long enough to show something.

@Cheimoon, I must say I am confused. We have a new thread which is meant to move past the bickering and have a real conversation, and then you put up a sack/back poll after 3 games?
It is nonsense. The time to sack was in summer, but he was backed, and now we have to approach the new season calmly and rationally.
If there definitively is not a time to sack a manager, it is now. The targets and expectations are defined and will have to be monitored, a terrible result today but of course if the decision was to continue with Ten Hag it won't be questioned because of single games.

Anyway, long story short, I'd be interested to know the standing of the poll but I refuse to vote in it at this point. Can someone tell me? I was for sacking him but it feels moronic to vote for sacking him in September.

I wonder at what point the other 10% will finally have enough? How low exactly have the standards dropped for some fans (and apparently our decision makers)?

Where do those who voted to keep (and are not opposition fans) draw that line?

His teams have conceded 16 goals in the last 3 seasons playing against Liverpool

You would thing he’d be smart enough to make a tactical adjustment so we aren’t as open.

Weird game today. Feel like our front three just completely lack belief in themselves. Whether that's down to Ten Hag or not, it's going to be him that is forced to take the blame.

Think we had the same number of touches in our box that they did. The difference is that we don't ever really look like we're going to do anything with the ball. It's weird. Did we have more possession today for the first time that I can remember vs Liverpool?

It shows that based on what actually happened in the match a draw would occur most often. You can argue that Liverpool eased off or shouldve scored more but that's all hypothetical.
Surely if you watched the game you have to say it never at any point looked like being a draw. So again, what’s the point of posting it? It never looked like a draw if you’re honest with yourself

We need to back him - I feel we will be stronger after the international break, and hopefully go on a strong run.
Name checks out.

But seriously you have to be trolling at this point to still have any faith in him.

His teams have conceded 16 goals in the last 3 seasons playing against Liverpool

You would thing he’d be smart enough to make a tactical adjustment so we aren’t as open.
I don't even think we're that open. Liverpool usually have 20-30 shots against us. I just think today was all about belief.

@Cheimoon, I must say I am confused. We have a new thread which is meant to move past the bickering and have a real conversation, and then you put up a sack/back poll after 3 games?
It is nonsense. The time to sack was in summer, but he was backed, and now we have to approach the new season calmly and rationally.
If there definitively is not a time to sack a manager, it is now. The targets and expectations are defined and will have to be monitored, a terrible result today but of course if the decision was to continue with Ten Hag it won't be questioned because of single games.

Anyway, long story short, I'd be interested to know the standing of the poll but I refuse to vote in it at this point. Can someone tell me? I was for sacking him but it feels moronic to vote for sacking him in September.
91% sack.

Why do you keep saying Ole? How the hell does that work?

Because he's a far better manager than anyone we had post-Ferguson, the only one who showed real progress, and I'd love to see what he can do either as an interim or full-time under the new structure. I know you disagree with me, I don't care, and let's not derail this thread, but I can see Ineos hiring him as interim if ETH is sacked at one point. Bayern were looking at him as an interim last season too.

Is it only a matter of when now? Like with Mourinho after 0-3 against Spurs. Doesn't feel the same to me but could be the case.

He mentioned earlier how he's giving young players a chance and won the cups. And it's absolute truth. But also an indication he perhaps doesn't believe he can make us better in league. Made us worse actually with time and that should not be happening.

We wrote last season off to give him time. Got the Fa Cup in return. But can't throw away another season. If team continues to struggle, sack him at latest by the end of October.

It has only been a matter of when since about last christmas...

Also I would expect better from this forum. Putting up a Sack poll after a game like this is just poor form.

give me the self-sabotaging, downward spiral version of Mourinho over this any day. At least that was mildly entertaining

Because he's a far better manager than anyone we had post-Ferguson, the only one who showed real progress, and I'd love to see what he can do either as an interim or full-time under the new structure. I know you disagree with me, I don't care, and let's not turn this thread, but I can see Ineos hire him as interim if ETH is sacked at one point. Bayern were looking at him as an interim last season too.
He got sacked. He will never manage United again in his life.

Is it only a matter of when now? Like with Mourinho after 0-3 against Spurs. Doesn't feel the same to me but could be the case.

He mentioned earlier how he's giving young players a chance and won the cups. And it's absolute truth. But also an indication he perhaps doesn't believe he can make us better in league. Made us worse actually with time and that should not be happening.

We wrote last season off to give him time. Got the Fa Cup in return. But can't throw away another season. If team continues to struggle, sack him at latest by the end of October.

We're Manchester United. We'll act only when it's far too late to turn the season around. We do that because we've convinced ourselves there's some kind of virtue in doing so. He should go now, he'll probably get until February. We'll need to make sure we're fecked mathematically first, whatever happens.

Let's wait until the house is completely burned to the ground and its foundations destroyed before we get the fire brigade in. Anything else would get a very stern look from Gary Neville. And that's the most important thing.

So he and the coaching staff are just going to be twiddling their thumbs while the players are gone? No analysis, preparation, or anything like that?
Well he is right on that point.

The problem is/was the job done during the pre season. During the international break he will have a very limited number of players to work, to think this is something to solve during 2 weeks with your best players on the National Teams is delusional.

The time for saying he needs time, lack of investment and other things is way gone.

91.2% sack.

If you just renewed your tyres but it was obviously a bad idea because they were already run down, and then it became very clear immediately that the tyres were completely fecked and not changing them would result in a bad accident, would you think it was moronic to just get them changed right away?

It's never too early to fix a stupid mistake.

Also I would expect better from this forum. Putting up a Sack poll after a game like this is just poor form.
After getting battered at home, by our rivals on the back of another loss and our worst premier league season in recent history. After several batterings from our aforementioned rivals, not to mention batterings from teams all over the table in the last 2 years. After seeing zero progress or if anything, backwards progress after half a billion spent and two years to build a team and implement a style of football? Poor form?

A lot of people knew how this story would end if he stayed and here we are. So many were duped by the FA cup win. This guy hasn't shown anything in terms of tactics and play style and he's had long enough to show something.
At least 70% of people here wanted ten Hag sacked on 25th May but before the Fa Cup final game. Then after the game and over next week it was 51 or 52% to keep him.

Agreed. Good post

no...he can't account for two stupid mistakes by Cas HOWEVER he can plan for mistakes to occur and have a bit more defensive structure even during the build up phase

for example...the third goal, why is Dalot so high on the left when they are playing down the right KNOWING FULL WELL Salah doesn't track and stays high looking for the counter