Erik ten Hag | 2024/25

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

• and crack

Results are only viewable after voting.
Exactly why xG by itself is useless. xG doesn't tell about Casemiro's performance, or when those chances were created, or the general lack of attacking intent or play shown by us for the overwhelming majority of the game.

Also doesn’t include the attempt at walking it into the net at 3-0.

I voted back because I genuinely don't know how you can sack a manager that was so vocally and unequivocallyfavoured by the clubs fanbase even after last season.

The fanbase are the soul of the club, they'll outlive the INEOS, Glazers, managers and players. This is a football club, not a business and all the board are here to do is to deliver what the clubs key stakeholders (the fans) want.

Let him see out his contract, unless Old Trafford turns on him. Only then ineos will have the mandate to sack him. Until then you have to keep him.

Worked for Liverpool

Last 15 games:

last15games.png

No other clubs would allow this.

The worst part is that those stats flatter the performance, Utd have been even worse than that.

How did he work with Pep Guardiola and not learn a fecking thing? He must be so dumb it’s beyond words.

I agree but I don't think they'll make that move for a couple of months at least. But ETH has lost all his excuses and no longer has an incompetent board to hide behind. Buck stops with him now.
You might as well give him the season at that point. On current form (including backend of last season) we'll be well out of CL contention in a couple of months, however unrealistic that is.

He doesn’t seem to understand the concept of ‘single point of failure’, which is bad for a leader of any system. Surely the point of being a ‘great transition team’ can’t be continually getting fecked over in transition.

At this rate, the new poll looks like even opposition fans want us to sack him.

Even they have had enough of this shit on a stick football, and they dont even have to watch it more than twice a year.
its embarrassing. Rival fans have been laughing at us for over 12 months.

I’ve backed him long now but enough is enough. Call it a knee jerk or whatever, we can’t afford another season a write off. He needs to be sacked. I don’t mind southgate or tuchel

Also doesn’t include the attempt at walking it into the net at 3-0.
And also the one salah put over the bar from 12 yards. I struggle to see how they only had 1.5 chances to score

He's a fundamentally bad manager with a sky high arrogance. He's never going to learn, adapt or change anything. Even with his job on the line.

Faces of utter fools who make Woodward look like a genius. Say what you want about him but
I know we're feeling angry right now but there's no excuse for saying that Woodward was anything other than a idiotic cnut who knew feck all about football and dragged this club into the gutter, which is the same place his mum shat him out 52 years ago.

I’m done with ETH, but unfortunately I still feel there is a lack of a really good alternative. Don’t think Tuchel is it.

If the expectation is someone who wouldn't be awful there's lots of alternatives. We really need to change our mindset from trying to look for someone we think will win us a title. That isn't who we are any more and that really isn't what we need in any event. We're not that Manchester United now. We need someone who can come in and be given the chance to build something. Someone capable of after a few weeks can evidence some kind of tactical cohesion and unity. I think it's wrong to suggest there's nobody out there who can do it. I think many believe there's no good alternative because the standard people are applying is: 'Who can win us the league?'.

We need to stop looking at manager's trophy records before deciding if someone is good enough to manage us. We're a ridiculous outfit.

I voted back because I genuinely don't know how you can sack a manager that was so vocally and unequivocallyfavoured by the clubs fanbase even after last season.

The fanbase are the soul of the club, they'll outlive the INEOS, Glazers, managers and players. This is a football club, not a business and all the board are here to do is to deliver what the clubs key stakeholders (the fans) want.

Let him see out his contract, unless Old Trafford turns on him. Only then ineos will have the mandate to sack him. Until then you have to keep him.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I don’t really know how someone can get pasted so frequently home and away, and still be in the job. He’s been here long enough and had enough backing to accept pretty much 100% accountability at this point.

Neutral opinion here. For how long is it possible to say he isn't part of the problem?

So if we get in a manager who insists on possession football does that mean Ugarte is benched?
We still need a passing midfielder and a top winger, as much as a new coach.

Is it only a matter of when now? Like with Mourinho after 0-3 against Spurs. Doesn't feel the same to me but could be the case.

He mentioned earlier how he's giving young players a chance and won the cups. And it's absolute truth. But also an indication he perhaps doesn't believe he can make us better in league. Made us worse actually with time and that should not be happening.

We wrote last season off to give him time. Got the Fa Cup in return. But can't throw away another season. If team continues to struggle, sack him at latest by the end of October.

He didn’t play this “system” at Ajax. He already said for some weird reason that system isn’t going to work here. So this is not the system he employed there.
I know but I feel he is continually underestimating the league and not learning.

Who knows.

We are still pressing from the front with a deep lying back four and a DM he knows has no legs - it’s absolutely suicidal.

Casemiro makes this worse by getting up oppositions arses to avoid any foot races and thus leaving gaps behind him too - truly cowardly.

I

As it was all last season but we were told that wasn't Erik's intention.

I’m done with ETH, but unfortunately I still feel there is a lack of a really good alternative. Don’t think Tuchel is it.

I think when we mention alternative we are judging managers on a name basis rather than looking at what they bring to the table.

I think in application many managers do a better job with this current selection of players.

I wouldn't oppose INEOS going for a hire that isn't renown.

Barely two games in and the team has lost against managers who aren't renown or sought after.

Also look at the emergence of Chelsea, still a long way to go but from a performance standpoint they look night and day different to what Poch was doing.

If you asked the average United fan last season a choice between Maresca and Poch they would choose Mauricio, this is the issue we need a manager who will build the foundations on the training ground to progress from not one who has former pedigree.

There are countless managers in world football who will do better than Erik from a performance standpoint, he's proving to be one of the worst coaches I can think of.

Exactly why xG by itself is useless. xG doesn't tell about Casemiro's performance, or when those chances were created, or the general lack of attacking intent or play shown by us for the overwhelming majority of the game.
It does tell you that Liverpool took all their chances (3 shots on goal, 3 goals - 4/4 if you include the offside). We had some chances but didn't take them, what seems fair assessment of the game.
I don't think it was particularly bad game apart from whatever is supposed to happen in the final third because that is a mystery to me and seems like it's also the same for the players.