Erik ten Hag | 2024/25

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

• and crack

Results are only viewable after voting.
I know Southgate isn't popular on here, but would you take him as interim until end of season?
I'd take me over Southgate as manager, and my managerial record isn't very impressive if I'm honest.

The two Zirkzee chances that boosted our xG came after we were already down 3-0. By that point, the game was effectively over.
I didn't realize that goals you score while losing don't count. If he'd have scored those chances it would've been 3-2 no?

I know Southgate isn't popular on here, but would you take him as interim until end of season?

No. Ole is right there. RVN is right there. Tuchel doesn't have a job. And I'm sure there would be other options too that are better than Southgate.

Last 15 games:

last15games.png

No other clubs would allow this.

Erik is a lower tier manager, his domestic form is proof of it.

No, we aren't a 3 at the back side. I personally despise a back 5, it's productive but too pragmatic. If Ten Hag changes I'd rather another punt at a progressive coach.
We need to stabilize first and then go about luring a Thiago Motta or Alonso (fat chance) over the next couple of years. Tuchel would do that, he is a pro who makes his teams hard to beat and can accumulate points even with a low scoring team. It's important that we do well in the league and in Europe otherwise our young players will start having itchy feet.

It looks bleak for him. I don’t see the gameplan or the structure. His team today looked like it was his first game, just all over the place. The scousers chanting his name is the final insult. He won’t be sacked so soon into a new season, but it doesn’t look good. The lack of any kind of game management is shocking.

De Ligt becomes a waste of money then, because Tuchel will have him on the bench ASAP.

No, he wouldn't. It's Martínez that would very likely play left-back under any other manager, with one of Maguire or De Ligt partnering Yoro at CB, with Evans and Lindelöf as back-ups for both LCB and RCB.

The turncoats, and there were many, are absolutely partly responsible, yes. Fans are major stakeholders and INEOS would not have kept him on if the ETH out camp had been as vocal as it was before that single match. But so many people inexplicable jumped the back the manager bandwagon after that one match. Which also makes the outrage today a bit hypocritical. After that one match, most fans seemingly wanted him to stay. People asked for more ETH football, and well, now they’re getting it.

How did INEOS know what United fans want? Did they send a survey to 600m of us?

De Ligt becomes a waste of money then, because Tuchel will have him on the bench ASAP.
Squad: 35, Starting eleven: 25, Substituted in: 6, On the bench: 4, Suspended: 1, Injured: 7

Those are De Ligt's stats from every league game Bayern played under Tuchel. Hardly an issue, and even if Tuchel prefers Yoro, that's fine too. Let's not get battered off every half decent team, eh?

Nah, Casemiro did that. But it’s on EtH playing him. Everyone can see that he is cooked. Anyhow, Ineos need to be ruthless now.

And when the same thing happens without Casemiro, what do we say? Keeping in mind that it did happen without Casemiro today and has been happening for two years with and without Casemiro.

He’s had 2+ years to shape the squad to his liking.

No more excuses. He has to go.

I agree but I don't think they'll make that move for a couple of months at least. But ETH has lost all his excuses and no longer has an incompetent board to hide behind. Buck stops with him now.

The only solace we can take is it was just the one year extension rather than a brand new contract but it was idiotic nonetheless.

I believe it was also to remove the fact he had a transfer veto in his original contract

Even if I want to defend him and justify it, I can't, the performance levels of the team is really low, who cares about mistakes, all players make mistakes, my issue is the level of the performances is really low, since Fulham game, especially the overall or collective level, look at Liverpool today, I feel all of them played well, our players on the other hand just give us decent 20 mins of possession and passes and nothing else!

I think the prayers are no longer playing for him, and if the team struggles against a promoted Southampton (which is very likely at this point) he'll be out on his arse by then.

I’m done with ETH, but unfortunately I still feel there is a lack of a really good alternative. Don’t think Tuchel is it.
The new coaches at Brighton and Liverpool, Ange at Spurs all look to be better than ETh but offcourse we would never gamble on people like that.

This is knowingly obtuse surely. Liverpool eased off massively, thus the chances. Still fluffed them anyway as were woeful in front of goal.
Yeah I realize that Liverpool eased off hence the chances, that's pretty obvious. My point is that it doesn't matter when or how the chances/goals come at the end of the day. We really should've been within a goal of Liverpool by the closing stages of the game.

Summary bans for the keep side, I’m guessing?

I like freedom of speech as much as the next guy but you gotta draw the line somewhere

Exactly why xG by itself is useless. xG doesn't tell about Casemiro's performance, or when those chances were created, or the general lack of attacking intent or play shown by us for the overwhelming majority of the game.

So, who replaces him when he gets the chop? Because he absolutely will this season.
On a permanent basis, it will still probably be Tuchel, McKenna and De Zerbi as the three main candidates. On an interim basis, I can see Ruud or Ole.

I believe it was also to remove the fact he had a transfer veto in his original contract
That was never a thing. We triggered the extension clause in his original contract, nothing else changed.

We have made good moves this window and I see potential for a transition based playstyles.

But we don't have an amazing manager it's clear. He struggles to maximize the limited options we have. The question will be whether once we get Shaw, Hojlund, Ugarte playing will he be able to deliver?

If he doesn't address the Casemiro and Rashford issues that will be the hill he dies on. I know it's easy to criticize from the outside without knowing player influence and squad dynamics. But it's obvious they are the biggest issues.

His success at Ajax was largely due to the stability and quality of squad that Overmars and Edwin gave him. He can take good squads and deliver good results. Question marks on his ability to take a poor squad and mold it into a good squad.

I think Ineos just tested him by giving him the easiest test.

Take your Ajax team and be successful - him failing this is just another person failing his driving test whilst on an automatic only gear instead of a manual one.