Erik ten Hag | 2024/25

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

• and crack

Results are only viewable after voting.
After the summer signings we had optimism. Now we’ve got 2 weeks after 3 games of the season on a downer.

For the life of me I don't understand why, three games in, we must be determined to make sure we absolutely waste another season for the sake of avoiding being seen as 'rash'. How many seasons over the last decade or so, have we wasted because we had to make categorically sure the corpse was dead before we decided to ring in the chances. Act now and there's a chance to turn things around.

In the name of all that's holy, sack him now. Don't listen to the pundits who think we need to give him until Christmas with the only hope being crossing our fingers that we get the recruitment right next summer. We've been a ridiculous football club behaving in that ridiculous way for far too long

I think he will have some slack whilst the new signings bed in. We are without our only out and out striker, our two natural LBs are injured and the only DM we've got has only just signed. But if things don't click soon it will get ugly for him. Shame it didn't work out after a decent first campaign but his football is dogshit, he's thoroughly uninspiring and we could well enter a situation where a number of gettable options are easily preferable.
He’s had 2+ years to shape the squad to his liking.

No more excuses. He has to go.

I said this back in May, we can't continue to waste seasons. People don't want to admit this at United- Managers are responsible for consistently poor performances. At a club with the resources of United, with the players we have, we should always be able to play functional football. My issue with United fans and their need to always blame players is that they make it out like playing functional football is so difficult to do with the players we've had. When in reality, teams with far less talent are easily able to accomplish it.

Our fans don't watch other teams play, which is why this lack of understanding is so glaring. Look at Chelsea, they drew with Crystal Palace today after slowing down in the second half. However, when watching them, you don't even focus too much on moments of displayed pressing structures or attacking patterns because its consistently done. It's the same thing with any decent team with some talent. Yet at United, we're almost going through the tactical process with the manager, like they are child learning something new and excusing every problem faced.

Fans should not have to blame a play for moving out of a pressing structure leading to a goal or a player being out of position or an attacking strucute breaking down due to a bad pass. A good manager would have the team playing in a way where mistakes are covered by the strength of the structure and the team moves the ball quickly enough and has enough attacks that missing an opportunity on one attack isn't so bad. The manager is responsible for what a team puts out on the pitch. People need to understand that. Instead of blaming Ronaldo for our lack of pressing, then blaming De Gea for not playing with his feet, then blaming Rashford for not bypassing two attackers or blaming Hojlund for not scoring when not getting any chances. A 20 goal a season scorer will not solve anything with this manager. I don't understand why its taking so long to see this.

It just feels like a continuation of sleep walking through another disaster of a campaign. I want to be optimistic, but this bloke makes that very difficult.

I think he can.
He honestly can’t. ETH is the most dangerous of coaches. He’s massively arrogant, so believes with conviction that he is right. He is the most dangerous mix of character a manager can be. Conviction in his methods, inflexibility, the intelligence to come across as knowing what he’s talking about and ability to implement his vision, and failure to ever recognise that his approach is fundamentally flawed to the point of being self sabotaging. He’s a manager that will burn your house to the ground sticking to his principles.

Well, who could have predicted this when we announced we keep him...

Yeah I'm fed up with him. We were Liverpool's best player today, in their new manager's third game. The opposition manager is new to the league and has us sussed. We will never compete in the league under Ten Hag. You know it. I know it. They know it. What's the point.

I see the coming months as an extended goodbye, nothing else to take from it.

I know Southgate isn't popular on here, but would you take him as interim until end of season?

I’m done with ETH, but unfortunately I still feel there is a lack of a really good alternative. Don’t think Tuchel is it.

Unfair to judge a manager after 2 full seasons. Every single thing has to be in place to be able to judge him. He’s doing a great job with all the constraints of being able to spend only >£300m on players.

Last 15 games:

last15games.png

No other clubs would allow this.

De Ligt becomes a waste of money then, because Tuchel will have him on the bench ASAP.
Maybe when Yoro gets back but pretty sure he was still playing at Bayern.

I don't think Tuchel would prefer Maguire over him.

Faces of utter fools who make Woodward look like a genius. Say what you want about him but at least he had the awareness to know that the league is bread and butter. He immediately binned off a manager who missed out on CL on goal difference despite winning the FA cup. These idiots reward a conman who finished 8th with a new contract.

Another thing to add is that he has absolutely no idea how to handle the big name players

He’s fallen out with every single one. And they’ve all underperformed under him

I know Southgate isn't popular on here, but would you take him as interim until end of season?

No. We are only 3 games into the season and we don’t know who will be available by the time the season ends. We save our season now and go for someone available that we think is good enough, and if they aren’t then they also get their marching orders when the season ends.

People can blame individual errors all they like, the bottom line is he’s into his third season here, has a squad of his own players and is still serving up utter shite on a weekly basis. I’m sick of seeing new managers coming into the league and implement an easily identifiable style of play in about 5 minutes. Yet here we are 3 seasons in and I still don’t have a clue what the feck this managers actually trying to do.

If it’s interim I’d rather Ruud get a chance. If you think ETH is bad to watch just wait till Southgate gets here.

I said this back in May, we can't continue to waste seasons. People don't want to admit this at United- Managers are responsible for consistently poor performances. At a club with the resources of United, with the players we have, we should always be able to play functional football. My issue with United fans and their need to always blame players is that they make it out like playing functional football is so difficult to do with the players we've had. When in reality, teams with far less talent are easily able to accomplish it.

Our fans don't watch other teams play, which is why this lack of understanding is so glaring. Look at Chelsea, they drew with Crystal Palace today after slowing down in the second half. However, when watching them, you don't even focus too much on moments of displayed pressing structures or attacking patterns because its consistently done. It's the same thing with any decent team with some talent. Yet at United, we're almost going through the tactical process with the manager, like they are child learning something new and excusing every problem faced.

Fans should not have to blame a play for moving out of a pressing structure leading to a goal or a player being out of position or an attacking strucute breaking down due to a bad pass. A good manager would have the team playing in a way where mistakes are covered by the strength of the structure and the team moves the ball quickly enough and has enough attacks that missing an opportunity on one attack isn't so bad. The manager is responsible for what a team puts out on the pitch. People need to understand that. Instead of blaming Ronaldo for our lack of pressing, then blaming De Gea for not playing with his feet, then blaming Rashford for not bypassing two attackers or blaming Hojlund for not scoring when not getting any chances. A 20 goal a season scorer will not solve anything with this manager. I don't understand why its taking so long to see this.

Yep, all of this.

We seem to have a system designed around chaos that is only hurting us. On top of that we have inconsistent players who aren’t as adept at taking advantage of the chaos.

It’s almost ambitious in that to gives individuals so much responsibility but what we are seeing is that when any individual mistake occurs everyone else is doing their own thing. They are all over the place leaving gaps behind or tracking the wrong player.

It’s like we are coaching anti-teamwork.

If he mentions “project” one more time in his presser I would like our media manager to smack him over the head with the microphone.

Literally adopting the classic American Football playbook at this point. Rashford as a wide receiver.

Route%207.png

Absolutely depressing to think that the only remote chance at having a decent season at this point is sacking Ten Hag, and it's fecking September 1st. What a disaster club we are

ETH can’t have anymore excuses this season. He’s been backed with every position he wanted. He’s been backed more than the guy that beat him today.