Erik ten Hag | 2024/25

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

• and crack

Results are only viewable after voting.
I don’t want Southgate anywhere near us, but we wouldn’t be anywhere near as bad as this even under him.

I wanted him to stay in the summer as I thought it would help with a player clear out rather tha them all getting a clean slate under a new boss but he already looks like a dead man walking and it’s clear from today that the fans won’t be as patient this season.

I was expectant that we might play a high line once Maguire wasn’t playing, yet we seem to be playing the same suicidal tactics as last season - a deep lying defence, a non-existent midfield and barely anything created.

Major red flags for me are the lack fitness, an inability to play the most basic pass to feet and players isolated by the opposition when they receive the ball which leads to risky passes or unforced errors. This has to be down to the coaching.

The issue when you sack him is that we’re left with a load of his players so the process starts again.

He will seal his own fate if he keeps picking Casemiro and Rashford.

It's probably just DeLigt and Martinez ignoring his instructions like the entire squad allegedly chose to do last season for some inexplicable reason.

His goose is cooked. Supported him but defeats are damaging.
Can’t be losing this regularly 3 seasons in.

Are you serious. Do you think we had more goal scoring opportunities than Liverpool today
I'm not sure about that, I'd have to watch the game again. My comment was about xg which doesn't lie even if it's clearly not a perfect stat.

It is what it is with Ten Hag. I was expecting a much better start to the season. However, I can't say that I am shocked we have only three points. It's horrible losing to Liverpool but sadly it's becoming something we expect. We shot ourselves in the foot first half. That's partly on him but, as a coach, how can you predict a five time Champions League winner will implode? Poor second half I agree but coming back from 2-0 against that lot was always gonna be an ask.

I have images of SJR walking into that dressing room, walking up to Ten Hag as the bald goblin starts to speaks, and just back handed slapping him across the face. Then security dragging him out as everyone falls silent. “You lot will be next, if that happens again” he says to the stunned squad.

Monday morning the squad rock up to find a new manager and SJR looking on menacingly from behind the balcony at Carrington.

These are the league stats since the League Cup Win back in February 2023. This is our long term form under Ten Hag. It's shocking and has been for so, so, SO fecking long.

Win %​
Loss %​
Games​
W​
D​
L​
GF​
GA​
GD​
Pts​
Pts P Game​
49.09%​
36.36%​
55​
27​
8​
20​
76​
78​
-2​
89​
1.62​
Genuinely mid table form and so many of our fans are happy with this and/or deluded themselves thinking it will get better under him.

Even more alarming are the new people in charge of the football side didn't see a problem with this.

This is what I meant by low standards surrounding this club.

Honestly, at this point I’d take Southgate as caretaker for the season. We can’t keep allowing this total devolution of our football to continue. People are going to pile on the players but their confidence is shot, and Casemiro was never trying to play balls like that at Madrid but that’s our ‘style’ the manager wants to play.

I really cant stand the thought of a caretaker again. I think Ineos need to look at the squad - which is not without talent- and find the best available manager that suits the players we have and the vision ineos want. I cant imagine southgate is anything near that style.

I think tuchel, van nistelrooy, or potter are all likely names to be considered too given availability. Or if looking at managers at clubs where you'd have to use financial muscle to get them, De Zerbi is instantly delivering at marseille, and a couple of the managers in the PL are decent.

GWaB7YcW8AAng7f

Jim and co looked seething but they’ve only got themselves to blame. They had the perfect opportunity to get rid of ETH at the end of the season on a bit of a high but they buckled under the fan pressure to keep him off the back of winning a single game, instead of looking at the absolute dross that was served up on a weekly basis for the majority of the season. Fix your mistake early, while there’s still everything to play for!

Anyone starting to think maybe the injuries weren't the major reason we were so shit last season?

:confused:

Yes, we are responsible for board decision. 1st season never happened and you are the smartest.
The turncoats, and there were many, are absolutely partly responsible, yes. Fans are major stakeholders and INEOS would not have kept him on if the ETH out camp had been as vocal as it was before that single match. But so many people inexplicable jumped the back the manager bandwagon after that one match. Which also makes the outrage today a bit hypocritical. After that one match, most fans seemingly wanted him to stay. People asked for more ETH football, and well, now they’re getting it.

Last edited:
The buck stops with him. Losing 3-0 at home to Liverpool is embarrassing. If we aren't comfortable top 4 by December then sack him and give the new guy half a season to learn the ropes.

These are the league stats since the League Cup Win back in February 2023. This is our long term form under Ten Hag. It's shocking and has been for so, so, SO fecking long.

Win %​
Loss %​
Games​
W​
D​
L​
GF​
GA​
GD​
Pts​
Pts P Game​
49.09%​
36.36%​
55​
27​
8​
20​
76​
78​
-2​
89​
1.62​
This. Casimero and Rashford elevated the team during that earlier period but both have dropped off massively and ETH hasn’t found another way to win consistently or score at an acceptable rate.

Ineos need to be brutal. Admit to their error and get rid. Should have gone for Flick as they could have blown Barcelona’s offer away financially. Look at the differences in performances let alone results despite Barca’s injury list.

He needs to be Cersei Lannistered naked through the streets of Manchester, egg and feces thrown at him…..bell ringing……”shame, shame!”

Jose and LVG got sacked for way less than Ten Hag has produced.

There is literally no point in continuing this farce.

Win %​
Loss %​
Games​
W​
D​
L​
GF​
GA​
GD​
Pts​
Pts P Game​
49.09%​
36.36%​
55​
27​
8​
20​
76​
78​
-2​
89​
1.62​
He wouldn’t win the league with 55 games :lol:

I think I'm done with him now, all the positivity of our pre season is gone. Into a 2 week international break on a huge downer after 3 crap performances and 2 very bad defeats, so disappointed.

Games are won and lost in midfield and we have to build teams around Bruno being tactically inept,
Slot was always going to out tactic EtH. I only watched a bit of his Feijenoord and some of his interviews but that told me enough about how well versed the guy is in the art of coaching. And yes he still rides Klopps coat tails a bit but this is also a team that didn't really strengthen itself in any one area either.

I used to be a EtH defender and to give him time but at this pt there is just zero progression. I was actually mildly optimistic from some of the play we saw in pre season and even the previous two games but at the same time was it truly that much better than before? No. I'll give him til the likes of Hojlund, Ugarte and De Light had a few (more) games in their legs but at the moment im just about 2 steps into the EtH out camp.

For the life of me though I still don't understand why we never picked up a veteran goal scorer. As we saw with Ibra - that can at least temporarily paper over some cracks. Some of that is probably on more people than just Erik.

He’s not street smart enough with the league to realise that you need someone like that sometimes, he thinks he’s still at Ajax. Where he can build a team slowly and methodically, but the premier league just isn’t like that. It has to be instant results or there’s instant pressure..
everyone we bring in seems to be learning on the job and the fans are paying for it every week.
We need players who know the league, and a manager who plays attacking football, I think this will be his last season but the state of the team in general worries me, for anyone who inherits it

I just want us to play exciting football again tbh. We spent nearly £200m strengthening our defensive game and but we can barely string an attack together.

Unforgivable for not moving Garnacho to left wing at any point in game. Should have replaced Zirkzee with Amad and moved Rashford to cf.
Can’t see any positive in the first 3 games.

Watch again? Did you close your eyes for the entire match the first time?
No I didn't watch the game with my eyes closed, cmon man.

My point is that goal scoring opportunities are a lot more nebulous than shots which is what xg is based on. I'm sure there were times where we had a decent goal scoring opportunity but didn't get a shot off which is why I said I'd have to watch again.

It's probably just DeLigt and Martinez ignoring his instructions like the entire squad allegedly chose to do last season for some inexplicable reason.
Who knows.

We are still pressing from the front with a deep lying back four and a DM he knows has no legs - it’s absolutely suicidal.

Casemiro makes this worse by getting up oppositions arses to avoid any foot races and thus leaving gaps behind him too - truly cowardly.

I

They already do look like mugs, but they'll regain some favour if they act quickly and decisively this season. Imagine if we don't beat Southampton in two weeks time, what then?

I think he will have some slack whilst the new signings bed in. We are without our only out and out striker, our two natural LBs are injured and the only DM we've got has only just signed. But if things don't click soon it will get ugly for him. Shame it didn't work out after a decent first campaign but his football is dogshit, he's thoroughly uninspiring and we could well enter a situation where a number of gettable options are easily preferable.