Erik ten Hag | 2024/25

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

• and crack

Results are only viewable after voting.
GWaB7YcW8AAng7f
Attending a funeral

I don't think he'll be here for long with performances like this. He has been backed, and the squad is good enough for top 4.

Yes, there is a chance we don't lose this game without Casemiro's mistakes, as Liverpool were clinical, as the xG suggests, but our approach to the game was nowhere near good enough anyways.

It hurts so much that Ole, a better manager, by far the best one post-SAF, was sacked and abused by the fanbase for much less than what both the fanbase and the club are letting ETH get away with, and the latter got way more backing in the market as well. The "PE teacher" narrative clowns would deserve this for another decade tbh.

It'll change long before that. We'll go into the international break, and with no football to be played, fans will forget how bad we've been.

Every single time.

Not me. I don’t think it’s possible to restore this. Something has been lost in these years and we need a clean break now.

Never thought Id agree with anything that scumbag Carragher says but his comment of seeing what Slot is all about after 3 games while Ten Hag is in his 3rd season and we still have no idea whats going on is spot on.

We are 3 games in 6 points off everyone and hoping Ugarte is a miracle worker in midfield.

Ten Hag will be lucky to see Xmas at this rate. Theres one hell of an argument to give him the boot now during the international break.

Felt he deserved to stay after last season with the ownership and other issues but it’s been an awful start to the season, feel as though it might be time for a change.

I wanted him to stay in the summer as I thought it would help with a player clear out rather tha them all getting a clean slate under a new boss but he already looks like a dead man walking and it’s clear from today that the fans won’t be as patient this season.

I was expectant that we might play a high line once Maguire wasn’t playing, yet we seem to be playing the same suicidal tactics as last season - a deep lying defence, a non-existent midfield and barely anything created.

Major red flags for me are the lack fitness, an inability to play the most basic pass to feet and players isolated by the opposition when they receive the ball which leads to risky passes or unforced errors. This has to be down to the coaching.

The issue when you sack him is that we’re left with a load of his players so the process starts again.

He will seal his own fate if he keeps picking Casemiro and Rashford.

At what point do the players take some responsibility though? Seriously. All three goals today individual errors. They're either not playing for him or not good enough.
We have had a massive clear out, we let go about 17 players this term alone and that is in addition to countless others. It's on him to look at players and judge their readiness and he keeps making selection feck ups. Casemiro has been on a long and painful decline yet he is still starting important matches! These are costly errors that he keeps making.

He is done. You can't keep keep justifying 7-0, 5-0, 3-0 losses.

Ugh. We all know he won't turn it around, right? Does anyone actually believe he will?

first day of September, 3 games Lost 2 already on - GD, Mentally Beaten, crowd booing players and subs,

Rinse and repeat with the next manager having to deal with ETH sigings

:lol:

They must not have watched the game, and also have no idea how those stats mean duck all when a team goes 3-0 and back off and may allow a chance or two.

Ridiculous
Yeah it's frustrating when the stats don't back up the agenda isn't it.

I don't know how people think it is going to improve, what is the route to improvement? can he coach the team to improve or is the only route to buy players, and if those players fail like antony and casemiro buy replacements?

I would absolutely gamble on Xavi
Xavi is managing Barca still.

Does spunking 20 million on sacking EtH count against all these finance rules?

I'd get Tuchel in now.

Edit. Yeah totally forgot about Flick to Barca haha

Last edited:
Keep repeating this but we finished 8th last season when the underlying stats showed us to be even worse. Genuinely believe that if he stays till December we will be in the bottom half this time
Well, although it's a very small sample, atleast the underlying stats are a bit better this time around. Might just revert back to being utter shit again though as any confidence they might have will be going away.

Tuchel
Zidane
Conceicao
Potter
Xavi
Allegri

Are all without jobs currently.

Wouldn’t want some of them, but they are all orders of magnitude better than Ten Hag. I think people are underestimating just how bad Ten Hag is. He’s literally without a clue.

You don't even need to go that far. I know it in my heart that Emery and Glasner would be doing better. feck it, at this point I even believe that Iraola, O'Neill, Marco Silva and Thomas Frank would be doing better. I mean think of the resources and you could argue all of them are doing better comparatively

Don't want to quote myself but I told before the season that we won't finish higher than 6th. And the main reason is ten Hag. Totally clueless.

Obviously, the knee jerk reaction is for him to get the sack. But a bit of perspective, it's only 3 games into the season. Also, does anybody think it will change if he does get sacked? How many managers is it now and nothing changes. The players being recruited.

It's a continuation of last season.

Can't believe the management saw last season and decided not only to keep him, but extended his contract.

Signed an extension as well. Even more money will now be spent to sack this idiot and bring someone else in 3 games into a new season. A real shit show.
The only solace we can take is it was just the one year extension rather than a brand new contract but it was idiotic nonetheless.

I said it last week that we are struggling to finish off the chances. Has been a theme since pre-season to be honest.
It's just painful. We just look devoid of ideas anywhere near the opposition box.

I could get behind mangers so much more if they weren’t so devoid of charisma. Like you can just imagine him trying to motivate those players. Absolute goblin. Get in the bin.

You don't even need to go that far. I know it in my heart that Emery and Glasner would be doing better. feck it, at this point I even believe that Iraola, O'Neill, Marco Silva and Thomas Frank would be doing better. I mean think of the resources and you could argue all of them are doing better comparatively
100% agree. Everyone you said would be a massive upgrade on ETH, and comparatively are doing orders of magnitude better. I would say, pound for pound, with the resources and backing available, ETH is the worst manager in top league world football currently.

Nobody can honestly think he isn't a man on borrowed time. I think Dyche or him will be the first manager sacked.

He doesn’t understand the English game and is delusional about it.

Our base midfielder is always isolated, we have no one that is capable of keeping the ball, we have no patterns in the final third and we only score goals off of individual brilliance & of 5 our front 6 players have high turnover ratios and we always get burnt on counter attacks.

It’s madness, he needs to go.

This is his third year, this is his team now. This is Manchester United and it's absolutely unacceptable. We need to be sounding out managers right now, he is taking us anywhere.

The worst thing about watching United is how this club just loves to waste time.
Ole was obviously out of depth in the first half a year. He was given 3 more years to do nothing but ruin everything further.

This dumb experiment should have been over in the summer. Everyone's at fault. The higher ups, fans, everyone. God the discourse here by the staff members was embarrassing.

Voted sack, I said before the FA cup final we could win it 10-0 and I'd still sack him due to how the rest of the season went

I do NOT want Southgate though, that'll be out the frying pan and into the fire

We already have a sack/keep poll already :lol:

I was firmly in the ETH out camp, even after the FA Cup final and in all honesty had very little hope/optimism going into this season.

Ineos have put themselves in a tricky situation. Sack him so soon and it looks like an open admission that they fecked up in the summer, keep him for longer and it doesn't improve - it makes their decision look even worse as they had an opportunity to get someone else in.

I'd get rid but it will feel like a bit of an own goal given whoever the replacement is wasn't trusted to get the job in the summer and inheriting a team mid season is never ideal.

Cup manager at best, shit football and no clue how to get a team playing cohesively.

Not good enough and will need replacing soon. Doubt the board will do it before Xmas/Easter though - they'll be made to look like mugs for their decision to keep him this summer.
They already do look like mugs, but they'll regain some favour if they act quickly and decisively this season. Imagine if we don't beat Southampton in two weeks time, what then?