Erik ten Hag | 2024/25

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

• and crack

Results are only viewable after voting.

Just have to leave it here, we are progressing.

All this shows me is that we're unable to take our chances. Something that's been a problem for a couple of seasons and yet to be rectified by our manager.

The whole leadership team was there watching the game so I trust them to do whatever is needed, whether it's backing/sacking ETH. Just hope they don't prolong it and if they want to sack him then just be done with it or if they want to back him then put out a statement that you still support him.

It's not like we will suddenly improve with a new manager as the problems with Rashford, Bruno and Casemiro will still persist but atleast the fan base can be united again. Maybe we will get a new manager bounce for a short period of time but then it will revert back.

Tuchel
Zidane
Conceicao
Potter
Xavi
Allegri

Are all without jobs currently.

Wouldn’t want some of them, but they are all orders of magnitude better than Ten Hag. I think people are underestimating just how bad Ten Hag is. He’s literally without a clue.
Potter, Xavi and Allegri can’t fix this. The first two I guess might work.

For those who want him to stay, what are you seeing on the pitch over the last year that suggests he has what it takes?

Keep repeating this but we finished 8th last season when the underlying stats showed us to be even worse. Genuinely believe that if he stays till December we will be in the bottom half this time

He's had a full 2 years and we still look awful. Give me one good reason that he should stay. His transfers and the way we play is awful.

The Anthony signing, the seven against Liverpool and the 8th place finish last season should have been enough to sack him.
Yeah, but the thing is that I don't think he is responsible for the transfers. It's the cr@p transfer committee who should be getting the sack.

I sent the message below in another thrread.

We must admit that Liverpool is a very well run club. The way they replaced one of the best managers of all time with ease is super impressive. Their succession plan is perfect.

Meanwhile, we are struggling to replace a manager that finished 8th who can't coach defence, midfield or attack. Let that sink in

Chelsea are in the same boat in this regard, they identified what they wanted to look for in a manager and likely had data etc to support that decision.

Business is something I'm very familiar with and you cannot deviate or be indecisive when it comes to critical decisions over the short-medium term.

INEOS fumbled the moment that decided to start interviewing other candidates, that is the moment it should have been a point of no return for the manager.

It doesn't matter what narrative fans manufacture, Erik is apart of the old regime not the new inauguration. INEOS will be held back until they decide to get their own man.

The poll will change if we beat Southampton in a few weeks. Too many fickle fans here
It'll change long before that. We'll go into the international break, and with no football to be played, fans will forget how bad we've been.

Every single time.

I just don’t understand how low your standards have to be, to be this forgiving when he’s been here so long. What’s actually going on in some peoples heads.

The hammerings from Liverpool and City over the last few seasons are reasons to be sacked alone.

We just cannot play football under Ten Hag. There is zero reason to hang on to him now. I just don't get it.

Yeah, but the thing is that I don't think he is responsible for the transfers. It's the cr@p transfer committee who should be getting the sack.
You don't think Ten Hag is involved in transfers involving all his old Ajax boys?

That's just drivel. 2 years and 3 games.

The managers change and some do better than others. For instance, all our other flop managers did far better than ETH where it really matters.
To be fair hobs, it looks like ETH is getting the best out of Rashford. He should have had 2 assists.

I just don’t understand how low your standards have to be, to be this forgiving when he’s been here so long. What’s actually going on in some peoples heads.
The FA Cup win seemed to take a lot of people's minds off the 8th place. When 5th used to be seen as a disaster.

GWaB7YcW8AAng7f

Obviously, the knee jerk reaction is for him to get the sack. But a bit of perspective, it's only 3 games into the season. Also, does anybody think it will change if he does get sacked? How many managers is it now and nothing changes. The players being recruited.

It's post like these that depress the hell out of me...some fans have their heads buried in sand hoping for a miracle but can't see the evidence on pitch after 2 yrs.

The poll will change if we beat Southampton in a few weeks. Too many fickle fans here

He's in his third season and it's been pretty poor (fa cup last season aside.) For a while now. He shows no signs of instilling good football and a style of play. He needs to go.

Cup manager at best, shit football and no clue how to get a team playing cohesively.

Not good enough and will need replacing soon. Doubt the board will do it before Xmas/Easter though - they'll be made to look like mugs for their decision to keep him this summer.

Signed an extension as well. Even more money will now be spent to sack this idiot and bring someone else in 3 games into a new season. A real shit show.

Is Zidane even interesting in managing? Heard he's taken up pottery.
Personally have no idea what any of them want to do. Just pointing out there are managers available. But frankly, RVN would be better. Fred the Red would be better. I honestly believe that Ten Hag is so bad as a manager that he is actively sabotaging our team. Not intentionally, but through his utterly bizarre approach to the game. Just resorting to a bog standard 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 approach to the game with orthodox, basic instructions to work hard and “get at ‘em” would result in better outcomes than this. He’s THAT bad.

The worst coach I have ever seen here. He should be managing someone’s youth team somewhere.

I voted for the sack last season and didn't change. It seems like 3 games in it's back to the same shit. I had hoped against all logic that he would've learned after that disastrous campaign, but no. Same open midfield, same indecision in attack.

Three seasons in and he doesn't know his players strengths and weaknesses. He needs Casemiro to be 5 years younger and Mainoo to be 5 years older to play this suicidal system and even then I'm not sure it would work. And our attack continues to look like they are strangers on the pitch. How long do you need to maximize the players you have?

Just once, I'd like a nice comfortable 3-0 win. It's been so long that I've forgotten that feeling. fecking hell.

People posting them xG stats :lol:
:lol:

They must not have watched the game, and also have no idea how those stats mean duck all when a team goes 3-0 and back off and may allow a chance or two.

Ridiculous

All this shows me is that we're unable to take our chances. Something that's been a problem for a couple of seasons and yet to be rectified by our manager.
I said it last week that we are struggling to finish off the chances. Has been a theme since pre-season to be honest.

Slot was always going to out tactic EtH. I only watched a bit of his Feijenoord and some of his interviews but that told me enough about how well versed the guy is in the art of coaching. And yes he still rides Klopps coat tails a bit but this is also a team that didn't really strengthen itself in any one area either.

I used to be a EtH defender and to give him time but at this pt there is just zero progression. I was actually mildly optimistic from some of the play we saw in pre season and even the previous two games but at the same time was it truly that much better than before? No. I'll give him til the likes of Hojlund, Ugarte and De Light had a few (more) games in their legs but at the moment im just about 2 steps into the EtH out camp.

For the life of me though I still don't understand why we never picked up a veteran goal scorer. As we saw with Ibra - that can at least temporarily paper over some cracks. Some of that is probably on more people than just Erik.

His starting line-ups and substitutions are making it hard to support him.

Tuchel
Zidane
Conceicao
Potter
Xavi
Allegri

Are all without jobs currently.

Wouldn’t want some of them, but they are all orders of magnitude better than Ten Hag. I think people are underestimating just how bad Ten Hag is. He’s literally without a clue.

I would absolutely gamble on Xavi