Erik ten Hag | 2024/25

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

• and crack

Results are only viewable after voting.
Haven’t caught up with this thread since the game started but can anyone summarise the excuses used by the top Rs to absolve ETH of any criticism today?

I’m sure there are some belters.

These are the league stats since the League Cup Win back in February 2023. This is our long term form under Ten Hag. It's shocking and has been for so, so, SO fecking long.

Win %​
Loss %​
Games​
W​
D​
L​
GF​
GA​
GD​
Pts​
Pts P Game​
49.09%​
36.36%​
55​
27​
8​
20​
76​
78​
-2​
89​
1.62​

Obviously, the knee jerk reaction is for him to get the sack. But a bit of perspective, it's only 3 games into the season. Also, does anybody think it will change if he does get sacked? How many managers is it now and nothing changes. The players being recruited.

Sorry - that doesn't work anymore

What manager would want this job with this unbalanced squad though? I mean what can a new manager do with a team without a midfield and not much quality up front either? This is why I also question INEOS and whether those we've brought in are genuinely good enough or whether they also got lucky with their reputations at the clubs they worked for?
Stop making these ridiculous excuses. There's a 32yo in his first job in top flight football gone into Brighton and got them playing well and picking up points.

You don't need a perfect squad with perfect players in every position to resemble a half-capable football team

Obviously, the knee jerk reaction is for him to get the sack. But a bit of perspective, it's only 3 games into the season. Also, does anybody think it will change if he does get sacked? How many managers is it now and nothing changes. The players being recruited.
He's had a full 2 years and we still look awful. Give me one good reason that he should stay. His transfers and the way we play is awful.

The Anthony signing, the seven against Liverpool and the 8th place finish last season should have been enough to sack him.

What manager would want this job with this unbalanced squad though? I mean what can a new manager do with a team without a midfield and not much quality up front either? This is why I also question INEOS and whether those we've brought in are genuinely good enough or whether they also got lucky with their reputations at the clubs they worked for?
There was a thread started on here not long ago claiming we have our most balanced squad in over a decade.

It's really not a bad squad. Yeah it's not title winning material, but it's a hell of a lot better than Erik Ten Hag is making it look. Loads of managers would love to work with it.

Irrespective of our thoughts, he'll get until Xmas at least. If they didn't replace the coaching staff around him they'd probably be more ruthless. But with a new backroom team and open commitment to Ten Hag with a year extension, I think they'll give it a while longer. Of course poor play and poor results is not sustainable now.

I will put my foot through the TV if he comes on again talking about how well we played after another battering by them lot.

How long does this go on before the trigger is pulled , it i when now and not if , only a matter of time.

I was always on EtH's side, until now. But theres noone to replace him.

Only Zidane and Xabi Alonso come to mind. Other options are as pointless as keeping EtH, unfortunatelly.

No harm in a caretaker just don't give them the actual job this time. It's stupid to allow ETH to continue

a bit of perspective, it's only 3 games into the season. Also, does anybody think it will change if he does get sacked? How many managers is it now and nothing changes

we're still doing this? wow

These are the league stats since the League Cup Win back in February 2023. This is our long term form under Ten Hag. It's shocking and has been for so, so, SO fecking long.

Win %​
Loss %​
Games​
W​
D​
L​
GF​
GA​
GD​
Pts​
Pts P Game​
49.09%​
36.36%​
55​
27​
8​
20​
76​
78​
-2​
89​
1.62​
Genuinely unacceptable. A year and a half of this shite.

I sent the message below in another thrread.

We must admit that Liverpool is a very well run club. The way they replaced one of the best managers of all time with ease is super impressive. Their succession plan is perfect.

Meanwhile, we are struggling to replace a manager that finished 8th who can't coach defence, midfield or attack. Let that sink in

Who replaces him now all the good managers have jobs?
Tuchel
Zidane
Conceicao
Potter
Xavi
Allegri

Are all without jobs currently.

Wouldn’t want some of them, but they are all orders of magnitude better than Ten Hag. I think people are underestimating just how bad Ten Hag is. He’s literally without a clue.

FA cup saved him when it was clear he was useless. Think it speaks volumes that the sack/keep poll was 50/50 at the end of last season. You lot are/were as deluded as the Ole fans and as fickle as the wind. I wanted Ten Hag at the beginning, difference is I know when to call it quits and I’ve wanted him gone since last year

Win %​
Loss %​
Games​
W​
D​
L​
GF​
GA​
GD​
Pts​
Pts P Game​
49.09%​
36.36%​
55​
27​
8​
20​
76​
78​
-2​
89​
1.62​
Can this be pinned?

Perfectly in line with last season. No surprise and no worse than usual

ETH does need to be sacked. He will not change formation. He will not play different tactics. He will not change. It's insanity continuing with this.

We have enough centre backs, let him do 3
No, we aren't a 3 at the back side. I personally despise a back 5, it's productive but too pragmatic. If Ten Hag changes I'd rather another punt at a progressive coach.

Obviously, the knee jerk reaction is for him to get the sack. But a bit of perspective, it's only 3 games into the season.
Three games in... to his third season in charge. It isn't a clean slate. He finished 8th (EIGHTH) last season, just in case it slipped your mind.

At what point do the players take some responsibility though? Seriously. All three goals today individual errors. They're either not playing for him or not good enough.
We didn't give ourselves a chance with Casemiros little period of madness.

You have no chance in the harder games when that happens.

Hilariously it was 3 shots on target each!

Win %​
Loss %​
Games​
W​
D​
L​
GF​
GA​
GD​
Pts​
Pts P Game​
49.09%​
36.36%​
55​
27​
8​
20​
76​
78​
-2​
89​
1.62​

Worst manger post Ferguson other than Moyes. Sure he won two cups so in that way he is better than a few others but just look at how shit we actually are and he is for sure worse.

Haven’t caught up with this thread since the game started but can anyone summarise the excuses used by the top Rs to absolve ETH of any criticism today?

I’m sure there are some belters.
"It's only three games"
"Ugarte wasn't available"
"We were dominating until they scored"
"Individual mistakes" / "it's not ETH's fault [player] did something dumb"

Tuchel
Zidane
Conceicao
Potter
Xavi
Allegri

Are all without jobs currently.

Wouldn’t want some of them, but they are all orders of magnitude better than Ten Hag. I think people are underestimating just how bad Ten Hag is. He’s literally without a clue.

Is Zidane even interesting in managing? Heard he's taken up pottery.

Do you really think it's a knee jerk reaction having a terrible start to the season after finishing 8th last year?

Honestly all the fans who switched horses and decided to back ETH again based on one match are partly responsible. Deep down, you all knew he should never have had another season. So fickle.

Yes, we are responsible for board decision. 1st season never happened and you are the smartest.

The poll will change if we beat Southampton in a few weeks. Too many fickle fans here