Erik ten Hag | 2024/25

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

• and crack

Results are only viewable after voting.
He's rubbish and needs to leave, loses my support I said 10 games in and it's only three still with Chelsea, Villa, Palace and Tottenham.

This is not about point scoring for the in crowd vs the out crowd objectively United have one of the worst coaches in the league being upheld by the subsequent quality of the team.

It's diminishing returns, you can give this manager Messi, Haaland and whoever and he'll still fire up a blank.

All but confirms that his Ajax stint was less to do with himself and more to do with the culture of the club and the ideology in developing younger players so that they are cultured by the time they adopt first team football.

Erik is easily one of the worst coaches in the league, that much is highly evident. Three seasons in and in each season he has failed to adopt a system that can churn out results.

Has to go, this kind of humiliations got to have consequences. It's his third season here and yet he hasn't been able to implement a consistent playing style. This is his squad now, no excuses. We look as poor as ever, it's not about time it's about him not being good enough.

I can understand giving him this season. I can understand fully backing him regarding transfers. What I can’t understand is giving him a new contract. Same vibes as renewing Ole’s contract and everything went to shit after that.
They didn’t. They activated the one year extension, why? Because you can’t have a manager going into the season on an expiring contract and give off any semblance of confidence to your playing staff.

I have never believed he would make it through the season but the club have committed so much in to him this summer (bringing staff and players that he specifically would want) that it would be damning of their judgement to sack him without at least giving him a couple more months even though the season is again a write-off if he stays.

Mercury not in retrograde style excuses will I’m sure be out in force again but he’s got to go.

The man has no clue how to set up a football team, who to pick, who to buy with our hundreds of millions.

He needs to be fired now.

It’s amazing because he’s somehow managed to make it an open game when we are defending and a compact one when we attack. Modern football demands you attack and defend in numbers and we do neither.

How many times do our wingers get 1v1 and they turn back. Amad did better but every time our players had the ball 3x Liverpool players are around us. Whereas they play a 1-2 and they are at us.

All our rivals want him to stay. Does that not send a message to our fans that he's fecking shite.

This start to the season might change the mood though. That might as well have been moyes' surrender at home to Liverpool. I just can't see where we're going, but do think we have a good squad that can achieve way more than this
Honestly, at this point I’d take Southgate as caretaker for the season. We can’t keep allowing this total devolution of our football to continue. People are going to pile on the players but their confidence is shot, and Casemiro was never trying to play balls like that at Madrid but that’s our ‘style’ the manager wants to play.

So obviously going to get sacked at some point this season, not sure what the real point of waiting is for it to happen.

Let’s be honest he’s judged for his tenure, not just 3 games, he’s genuinely not impacted us positively at all and now new season with new hopes is gone in September.

It ain’t too late INEOS.
Yep, feel like we’ve moved into the ‘when not if’ borrowed time phase now. Just a matter of if that lasts for weeks or months.

While ETH stays I dont think we'll be dipping back into positive GD.

Dont even have McTominay to rescue us when we get outplayed by newly promoted teams like last season.

Don’t understand why he started Garnacho and benched Amad when the latter scored last game.

The game was over before we had any decent chance. The stat is very misleading.

Score effect they call it in the US. You ease off when winning and it invites chances for the other team. If Zirkzee scores the first one then maybe you get momentum but it was Liverpool slacking off rather than us upping it.

Who is a realistic option to take over? We obviously give Ruud a few games to see how he does. But if that doesn’t go well either then who is available? I can’t think of one coach who can fix this mess.
Tuchel would have us playing solid. He might piss everyone off in 12 months but we wouldn’t be witnessing the crap that went on today.

But but but he won us FA Cup. Many fans here argued that we are more successful than Arsenal because we won the mickey mouse cup.

Obviously, the knee jerk reaction is for him to get the sack. But a bit of perspective, it's only 3 games into the season. Also, does anybody think it will change if he does get sacked? How many managers is it now and nothing changes. The players being recruited.

What manager would want this job with this unbalanced squad though? I mean what can a new manager do with a team without a midfield and not much quality up front either? This is why I also question INEOS and whether those we've brought in are genuinely good enough or whether they also got lucky with their reputations at the clubs they worked for?
Squad is not unbalanced. This is exactly difference between other clubs and us.
They hire a manager and expect him to make team better. We hire a manager and give him to "build his own team".

I am saying for years; rebuilding is a myth.

What a surprising result and shape of the game.

I just don't get anything about his gameplan for the PL. He has consistently under estimated the physical levels required, wants to play a transition game while filling the team with average (to be generous) athletes. Zirkzee is another low intensity, sluggish mover, De Ligt and Martinez, the midfield. He must know they lack physically but plays a style that gives them no opportunity to pace themselves, press, transition, press, repeat. Continually gassed and getting done on the break with massive gaps for the midfield to cover.

I don't see a single element of his gameplan you could call a success or something a new a manager wouldn't just throw out immediately as unsuited to the league and the players.

We know what has to happen, has been blatantly obvious since a month into last season.
This is a huge issue, our midfield especially is incredibly immobile, Casemiro and Mainoo both move like they're in sand and while Fernandes is the energiser bunny he isn't exactly positionally disciplined so is also easily bypassed, when we kept giving the ball away today the recovery attempts were abysmal most of the time.

I didn't want him here last season and I don't want him here now. I want a manager and/or coach who can actually manage and/or coach.

Sack this fool. He's had more than enough time and the football is shit.

The real irony is that our players should have been used to being pressed by a front 4 in training. But the team looked extremely ill-equipped to deal with Liverpool's high press. I have to stress that it wasn't just a Casemiro thing as people are saying. Our other players struggled, too.

I'm still annoyed Amad didn't start as he'd offer more control if we needed an outlet, which we obviously did.. Also, he deserved to start over 1 of Garnacho/Rashford.

Easy to blame Casemiro and Mainoo for individual errors but they really had very few options to pass to. I will never get why we went from being compact and tight through the middle in the first two games to this setup all of a sudden

Liverpool was rubbish, but not as rubbish. It’s not like he lost the dressing room. But he has lost something along the way. Needs to leave.

Obviously, the knee jerk reaction is for him to get the sack. But a bit of perspective, it's only 3 games into the season. Also, does anybody think it will change if he does get sacked? How many managers is it now and nothing changes. The players being recruited.

Not just three games, three years.