Erik ten Hag | 2024/25

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

• and crack

Results are only viewable after voting.
I genuinely can't believe the amount of people who wanted him to stay after the Fa Cup. This club is now just used to mediocrity.
More important to change everything upstairs and the recruitment strategy. Sacking managers gets a little cyclical, or at least did under the Glazers when all they cared about was top 4. I’m convinced the new board are just waiting for the right target to come up. The results are going to be rotten for a while I think.

Who is a realistic option to take over? We obviously give Ruud a few games to see how he does. But if that doesn’t go well either then who is available? I can’t think of one coach who can fix this mess.

Anyone that votes to back the manager is a rival fan, there can be no other reason for it.

I wouldn’t mind him getting dumped now you know, feck it, sick of teams doing this to us

The trouble is he has a fecking excuse.

Sign Ugarte, who we chased all summer earlier, and he'd have played instead of Casemiro.
Ugarte was never gonna play, he last played in fecking July. Not match fit. He’s barely trained too

No, they won’t after 3 games. But I won’t be surprised if he’s on a shorter leash than he would be if the Glazers were still running things.
You’d assume they didn’t extend his contract for a reason

Carragher spot on about us again.
Their manager is 3 games in and you see a distinct and effective style.
Our manager is in season 3 and you can't.
At what point do the players take some responsibility though? Seriously. All three goals today individual errors. They're either not playing for him or not good enough.

Wonder how those who were buoyed by a cup win and voted for him to stay in that thread after the fa cup final. You got your wish, enjoy. Definitely got alot of foresight. Another season wasted.
Honestly? I was hopeful that he had finally learned from his mistakes. That somehow it meant that things would be a lot better than today, and without any obvious managerial replacements we would see him backed in the summer and play differently. He was backed in the summer and I spent a few weeks being excited.

And now I'm just done. Nothing has changed, it's just sad. Football is one of the last great escapes from a busy week and for a decade it's been rough. But the last couple of years have been like walking into a dark room to get kicked in the balls. And the person in the room says every week "don't worry, I'm not going to kick you in the balls today" before they put the spiked boot on. And I keep believing it because I'm a fecking moron, apparently.

We genuinely can’t look much worse if we just give it to Ruud, who is woefully under qualified. I’m just so bored and can’t believe I’m watching another season of car crash football with the exact same crap.

Was today's years old when I found out you can get banned for posting a gif...

They sounded it out over the summer and it got a bad reception so they dropped it

This start to the season might change the mood though. That might as well have been moyes' surrender at home to Liverpool. I just can't see where we're going, but do think we have a good squad that can achieve way more than this

So obviously going to get sacked at some point this season, not sure what the real point of waiting is for it to happen.

Let’s be honest he’s judged for his tenure, not just 3 games, he’s genuinely not impacted us positively at all and now new season with new hopes is gone in September.

It ain’t too late INEOS.

What manager would want this job with this unbalanced squad though? I mean what can a new manager do with a team without a midfield and not much quality up front either? This is why I also question INEOS and whether those we've brought in are genuinely good enough or whether they also got lucky with their reputations at the clubs they worked for?

How long do we give it before calling time on this ridiculous experiment then?

I wanted him to stay but I was wrong. Can't pin this on injuries anymore.

We played much much better football under Ole, the only issue was the complete collapse. With ETH we've never played any sort of cohesive decent football, never. It takes something for a United manager to go this long without thrashing any team whatsoever in any competition in any division. Most of the players he bough are worse now, and he has to take responsibility.

We probably won't do it because it's too early, but we're going to cause a massive psychological damage to most of the players if we delay this decision. And then we'll be looking at replacing most of them again.

No, they won’t after 3 games. But I won’t be surprised if he’s on a shorter leash than he would be if the Glazers were still running things.

If the Glazers were still running things he'd have been sacked months ago.

I think it's fair to say this isn't the start to the season he needed, it looks like the square root of feck all has changed, we've just been dealt with at home by our biggest rivals and they didn't even have to play out of their skins to do it, just waited for our gift wrapped errors to capitalise on and then saw the game out, easy fecking peasy.

I think this is slightly false narrative. The mitigation was more the extent of the injuries last season (definitely aided by the FA cup win though). He doesn’t have that injury excuse now, and the team still sets up in a way that every single team plays through with ease, so for those reasons I’m in favour of changing him now.
He would’ve been sacked if we got spanked 4-0 in that final like everyone expected. 100% convinced.

I'd love to know which dunces voted sack in the above but were adamant about keeping him after the FA cup final.

Have to wait for the new signings to be integrated and see if that moves the needle, but it's a horrendous start to the season and a terrible day for Ten Hag personally.

I'd guess that Ineos will have pencilled in the November international break as decision time (11 EPL games into the season).

How long do we give it before calling time on this ridiculous experiment then?
Why don't we waste an entire season begore making up our minds? Seems like the right thing to do to make absolutely sure

I can understand giving him this season. I can understand fully backing him regarding transfers. What I can’t understand is giving him a new contract. Same vibes as renewing Ole’s contract and everything went to shit after that.

What a surprising result and shape of the game.

I just don't get anything about his gameplan for the PL. He has consistently under estimated the physical levels required, wants to play a transition game while filling the team with average (to be generous) athletes. Zirkzee is another low intensity, sluggish mover, De Ligt and Martinez, the midfield. He must know they lack physically but plays a style that gives them no opportunity to pace themselves, press, transition, press, repeat. Continually gassed and getting done on the break with massive gaps for the midfield to cover.

I don't see a single element of his gameplan you could call a success or something a new a manager wouldn't just throw out immediately as unsuited to the league and the players.

We know what has to happen, has been blatantly obvious since a month into last season.

That stay of execution after the cup final will prove to be the first big mistake from the INEOS lot.

Been set back a season for little gain...

I was always on EtH's side, until now. But theres noone to replace him.

Only Zidane and Xabi Alonso come to mind. Other options are as pointless as keeping EtH, unfortunatelly.