Erik ten Hag | 2024/25

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

• and crack

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think some of the blame has to go on individual errors. Casemiro started the season ok, but demonstrated today that he's finished and should never be a first choice selection again.

A bigger issue is what happened tactically today. This was far closer to a performance from last season than the games against Fulham and Brighton. Our passing has been shorter and we we showed some ability to create chances through sustained build up play.

Today we tried going direct on every pass and transition opportunity. We kept losing the ball and conceding chances. I don't understand why we moved away from what we've tried implementing.

Who could’ve seen that coming? Shambolic he was allowed to start the season in charge.

I genuinely can't believe the amount of people who wanted him to stay after the Fa Cup. This club is now just used to mediocrity.

I’d be tempted to go to a back 3. Try and make us be solid first.
It’s impossible under Baldy. We will never be solid in anything. Our midfield is so overrun every single game and yet he insists on a high press. We don’t press as a team and our defense doesn’t step up enough where teams just carve us open. Moving to back 3 isn’t going to fix that.

I don’t see how anyone can make a genuine case to stick with him. It’s been three years and he still isn’t capable of setting up an organized team. He needs to go.

People blame the individual mistakes but some of them prove fatal due to our setup.

Casemiro and Mainoo should both have closer options so if they do lose it then its not immediately such a dangerous defensive situation. I can only guess that Ten Hag tells Casemiro to launch it early because half our team was in Liverpools half for no reason.

Mainoo lost the ball when he was on an island alone and, again, half our team were in Liverpools half. Not one player was in a good position to receive a pass and build up play if Mainoo shrugged his man off. This is tactical design and it is horrendous.

We should be trying to control and dictate games, not sprint forward at every opportunity. That winner last week was similar, everyone sprinted out of the box and up the pitch as if we were on a counter soon as we vaguely had the ball which meant we were outnumbered and had a free man back post. First goal today...free man back post.

His race was run a long time ago.

said it in the match day thread, but leaving this guy in charge of the future of bright players like Amad, Mainoo and Garnacho would be negligent

Think Casemiro was a big reason for the first 2 goals, but we're very flat going forward.

Sack him now, instead of 6 months time and wasting another season. Put Ruud in charge until we find someone

Mercury not in retrograde style excuses will I’m sure be out in force again but he’s got to go.

The man has no clue how to set up a football team, who to pick, who to buy with our hundreds of millions.

He needs to be fired now.

This fecker had the audacity to say if United don’t want me I will go somewhere else and win trophies. We would have taken him up on that. Where the feck is he going to go?

To anyone I argued with throughout the summer to keep him. Hands up I was wrong.

You can say midfield errors cost us. Explain our shite attack then? Ten Hag isn’t good enough, he proved that last season and is not looking any closer to getting it right here. His progress is laughably slow, why are people happy to continue to watch this utter filth.

That could be it. Only problem is ineos supposed love of Southgate

Pool fans proudly singing YAWN again at Old Trafford. 0-3 demolition witnessed by Sir Alex and so many fans. feck you ETH
Yep. Of all the bad decisions we've made the last decade, this is right up there.

So sick of being second best in these matches, before a ball is even kicked.

Slot has them playing with distinct style after 3 games, we're still hoping we don't get thrashed at home after 3 years.

Spent the whole window trying to improve defence - we still so exposed because midfield is light and our attack isn't great

Strap in boys, going to be a long season

Painful watching this new Liverpool manager strut around old Trafford thinking it was easy. feck off

Carragher spot on about us again.
Their manager is 3 games in and you see a distinct and effective style.
Our manager is in season 3 and you can't.

It’s very worrying to me how obvious it is the board only kept him because of that FA Cup victory. Should’ve been sacked after that ridiculously abysmal CL display last season.
I think this is slightly false narrative. The mitigation was more the extent of the injuries last season (definitely aided by the FA cup win though). He doesn’t have that injury excuse now, and the team still sets up in a way that every single team plays through with ease, so for those reasons I’m in favour of changing him now.

The trouble is he has a fecking excuse.

Sign Ugarte, who we chased all summer earlier, and he'd have played instead of Casemiro.
For people who can think, that would not be anywhere near a valid excuse. Ugarte would have solved precisely feck all under this clown. I can assure you of that. Ugarte will come in and we will keep losing badly.