Erik ten Hag | 2024/25

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

• and crack

Results are only viewable after voting.
Just ...appalling. I just hate this whole 'best transitional team in the world' garbage. You don't have the players to do it (despite 600 million spent), you can't coach a functioning attack, the strategy is so high risk for such a little reward. The Casemiro mistake sums it up for me: terrible pass but both our fullbacks are so far forward they can't get back and even if the pass had got through, we wouldn't have created anything from it. So what's the point?

Has the "tough schedule" excuse card been played already?
I’m sure it will be, just like he hasn’t got the players he wanted, historical injury crisis with Hojlund, Yoro and Shaw out, bad luck, and obviously these fecking players letting him down.

Out of all the ones around, Emery will sort this lot out and develop a style of play.

He will say that we were better team but mistakes cost us.
Yup, probably will point to one missed chance or stupid individual mistake early on, as if it had ended up changing the course of the entire game as a result.

He won't be sacked. They fecking backed him to the rafters, they won't pull the trigger 3 games in.

Brace yourselfs united fans, it's going to be a long, tough season with many many defeats.

Interesting how he was clearly so close to getting sacked last season. Don’t care what anyone says he would’ve gone if we’d lost that cup final.

So he’s on a second chance and another couple hundred mill spent and he starts this season with yet another goal conceded in the last minute and yet another drubbing from a rival. Even if it’s 3 games in it would be fully justified to get rid.

Ineos in a spot of bother I guess. They must know eth isn't turning this around but they failed to sack him in the summer so the question is how pragmatic vs PR focused they are.

I think they bowed to fan pressure. They came in and didn’t have a mandate to remove him. The majority of fans are uninformed and knee jerk, and there was a huge clamour to keep him. Especially amongst match going fans. In the end I think they said okay, we’re playing the long game, let’s sort the structure, sort recruitment, and give the man time. It might undermine what we are trying to do to start by sacking a manager who just won the cup and who fans are baying to keep.

I’m sure it also helped with recruitment to say we are showing faith in our manager who won the cup last season. Believe in our project. I’m fairly sure all the interviews that did with managers in the early summer was so they’d have a replacement lined up when they needed to sack him. The success of their era isn’t going to be decided on 3 games. It wasn’t even going to be decided this season.
This. The fickle fans are to blame. They are major stakeholders and they turncoated based on one match after a season of unmitigated disaster. Now we’ve gotten a few new ETH players that the next manager will inevitably want to get rid off, and thus we’re even further away from going anywhere but down.

What is Tuchel doing these days? Surely he could get this team playing better than what we just witnessed.

He won't be sacked. They fecking backed him to the rafters, they won't pull the trigger 3 games in.

Brace yourselfs united fans, it's going to be a long, tough season with many many defeats.

If INEOS are a serious organisation they will sack him. This is unacceptable.

Wonder how those who were buoyed by a cup win and voted for him to stay in that thread after the fa cup final. You got your wish, enjoy. Definitely got alot of foresight. Another season wasted.
This is specifically for them. Hope they're enjoying it. 6 behind City and Liverpool already. Because of the flukiest FA Cup win in history.

"Unlucky"
"Tough schedule"
"New signing needs integrating"
"Individual mistakes cost us"
"Injuries"

Give him a new contract, he will fix this.

Posts here are so emotional. Casemiro throwing the half for us isn't really something the manager can control.

It was emotion after the Cup Final that kept him the job, now it’s back to reality and all the issues and reasons why he should have been sacked still exist.

He has overseen some truly awful, embarrassing displays. Cannot survive no one respects him.

I’d honestly worry for Martinez. Elite ball player but he looks half the player these days in everything else. And that‘s without the other flaws with his height and pace.
Agree. It’s no surprise why most love Martinez but he just doesn’t start for any team competing for trophies.

I don’t see how anyone can make a genuine case to stick with him. It’s been three years and he still isn’t capable of setting up an organized team. He needs to go.

Should have been sacked at the end of previous season FA cup or not. Watch them sack him now with no plan in place.

Yeah, tried to bear with after the decision to keep him, and hope things would improve.

But nah, not it.

This. The fickle fans are to blame. They are major stakeholders and they turncoated based on one match after a season of unmitigated disaster. Now we’ve gotten a few new ETH players that the next manager will inevitably want to get rid off, and thus we’re even further away from going anywhere but down.
I agree with the first part, but not the second. I think all the recruitment is recruitment done that will be wanted by any manager. The recruitment has been good.