Erik ten Hag | 2024/25

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

• and crack

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm not the most vocal or knee-jerk poster, but EtH needs to be removed ASAP

Concerning that INEOS and co. decided he was the man to spearhead their new regime, though.
I think they bowed to fan pressure. They came in and didn’t have a mandate to remove him. The majority of fans are uninformed and knee jerk, and there was a huge clamour to keep him. Especially amongst match going fans. In the end I think they said okay, we’re playing the long game, let’s sort the structure, sort recruitment, and give the man time. It might undermine what we are trying to do to start by sacking a manager who just won the cup and who fans are baying to keep.

I’m sure it also helped with recruitment to say we are showing faith in our manager who won the cup last season. Believe in our project. I’m fairly sure all the interviews that did with managers in the early summer was so they’d have a replacement lined up when they needed to sack him. The success of their era isn’t going to be decided on 3 games. It wasn’t even going to be decided this season.

How long before they move on from Onana?
Genuinely — about half of the players this manager has signed will have to be moved on. I highly doubt the next manager will want anything to do with some of the players we’ve picked up.

3 games into a new season and already we're into sack talk. Sigh

I miss the fergie era :(

I think his days are numbered. He looks completely out of his depth tactical wise and these players look like they have no bite or motivation whatsoever. I know the players have to take fault too but you'd think after so long in charge there would be a clear progression in play. Winning the FA Cup and the amount of injuries saved him last year, it masked how bad we really was. It's clear he's not the man to take us to that next level, clearly wasting time keeping him.

Genuinely — about half of the players this manager has signed will have to be moved on. I highly doubt the next manager will want anything to do with some of the players we’ve picked up.
Ole set us back by 3-5 years with his recruitments. Eth has probably doubled that.

Just cannot understand the Zirkzee signing the more I see him. He is not prolific, he is not quick. I am not sure what is it we were trying with his signing. Seems like we just signed the cheapest “striker” we could get.
Give the man a chance, scored the winner in his first game, tough ask today against Van Dik. Problem today was the first two thirds and being completely inept at beating a very good Liverpool press.

We should give him more time.

Last season was because of injuries,
Last two seasons he didn't have the players he wanted.
His first season ,he was still new.

Spent all of last season complaining that he didn’t have a settled defence and kept having to use different centre back partnerships. Has spent the first 3 games this season switching round the centre backs for no obvious reason.

Not that it matters much in grand scheme of things, but it is quite funny just how ridiculous he is.

Yeah true enough. He looks overweight and unfit.
Just zero professionalism to be honest if he has come into his new club so overweight that it still shows 3 weeks into the season.

I can't believe out of all the managers we've had, we decided to back this guy in the transfer market.

It’s not knee-jerk. He’s had three years and there’s been no improvement. I guarantee that 19 of the other clubs in the league would have sacked him with all the money he has spent. He lost me when he said that he doesn’t want to play the way he did at Ajax over here. So why did we sign him?

It’s really strange. So early in the season and ETH looks bereft of ideas and looks like he wants to be put out of his misery. I don’t see any fight left in him.

First week for Sep, the season is done. Ineos made a major mistake here. Everyone expected ETH to be sacked finishing 8th with no style of play. Strange that Ineos Team keep him.

Liverpool could have scored 6 already. This is diabolical. Absolutely should not be here for Southampton. It’s the performances. There is nothing there.

He’s horrific, absolutely clueless. 3 seasons in, countless signings backed by him and on a day like this we look worse than you would expect some of the lower half teams to perform.

But we will persist with him because for some reason he has made the entire club and our fan base think he has a clue. We kept him based on an FA Cup win where we were half an inch away from being eliminated by Coventry. He’s here to stay.

But but he won the Fa Cup. This fanbase is embarrassing when half of them changed their opinion to keep Ten Hag after one single result and attacked all the ones who didn’t let emotion get in the way of logic.

We are just wasting yet another season if we stick with this absolutely terrible manager.
Yea the abuse that people were allowed to dish out to those who stayed consistent about their opinion regardless of the cup win was shocking

We need someone who can come in and put smiles back on the players faces.
We refuse to hire a coach who wants to dominate the ball and play attacking football. All these tumescent counter attack managers are doing my nuts in.

Take away last season and you'd have a point we are talking about a team that has been playing poorly for over a year.

Nothing about it is knee jerk it's cause and effect.

Tuchel compared to Ten Hag from a tactical standpoint is a massive difference.

It's certainly not a move that screams excitement but Tuchel has tactical nous and he can abbreviate his ideas to the players.

We simply cannot afford to picky when our current manager is crashing and burning as bad as this.

I want Erik out just as much as the next person, but I'm really not sure if Tuchel is the right guy to replace him. Sure, he will make an immediate impact, I believe that, but if his managerial history is anything to go by we'll be coming for his head too soon enough.

Another window they have allowed him to get two of his ex-players and another Dutch player. It'll be hard for them to sack him given the trust they have put on him

The mistake of not sacking him is leading to more mistakes behind this decision. Now it is more costly, but the sack is inevitable

Not sure what he was doing all summer and Ineos envisaged him bringing in top class coaching all of a sudden

Onana, Malacia, Mount, Casemiro, Eriksen, Antony for sure will all be up for chopping.
I’d honestly worry for Martinez. Elite ball player but he looks half the player these days in everything else. And that‘s without the other flaws with his height and pace.