Erik ten Hag | 2024/25

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

• and crack

Results are only viewable after voting.
What has he done wrong exactly? Casemiro multiple mistakes. If Garnacho Bruno or Zirkzee manage to make simple passes to Rashford he's in 1 on 1 with the keeper 3 separate times

He needed a fast start this season. Not happened, and he's not fixed many of last seasons issues. Got to go now really

For all the good INEOS have done so far the biggest decision they’ve had to make since taking over was the manager and they’ve got it wrong. I just hope realise their mistake they pull the trigger on him early while there’s still everything to play for.

Will never understand why he wasn't sacked after doing an abysmal job last season. One cup upset doesn't chnage the rest of the year

To be fair, we've been done by horrendous individual mistakes, and I don't think anyone would have picked a team without Casemiro in it with the players available.

That being said, I have no confidence that ETH can set up this team to go on a run of results after the international break with Ugarte in, and Højlund and Shaw back.

Our players aren't great but they would be a lot better under a decent manager. A lot of the mistakes they make is because there is no pattern of play to give passing options in midfield and up front.

Not caring about midfield and the assumption that you don't need players who can control things in there because we have a couple of good passers at centre back is the most ridiculous myth I've heard on here over the summer.

I've kind of been on the fence but this is horrendous. We made a terrible decision in the summer. Depressing football.

Fulham win was wallpaper over cracks. While Brighton could have easily scored 3 goals before we scored.

All the signs were there the same shitshow would continue, yet, some actually thought progress was being made.

What has he done wrong exactly? Casemiro multiple mistakes. If Garnacho Bruno or Zirkzee manage to make simple passes to Rashford he's in 1 on 1 with the keeper 3 separate times

He's built a team that can't score goals and makes incredibly bad errors across the pitch in both attack and defense. What is he doing right?

Posts here are so emotional. Casemiro throwing the half for us isn't really something the manager can control.

Stinky set up. Gravenberch and Szobo running through our middle third at will. Doesn’t look any different to last season.

He has to go.

You lot are mental, he just needs time and another couple of transfer windows.

Work in progress, watch this space.

He's already been given this, three season's in a multitude of windows with over 530 million spent the most of any United manager in the last decade.

The reality is the Erik is apart of the old regime in a new hierarchy.

Huge mistake keeping him, 600m spent and barely any progress from Ole, Ineos should have kept their nerve and sacked him despite the FA cup. Now they have a problem on their hands as this can’t go on much longer given how competitive top 4 is.

To be fair, we've been done by horrendous individual mistakes, and I don't think anyone would have picked a team without Casemiro in it with the players available.

That being said, I have no confidence that ETH can set up this team to go on a run of results after the international break with Ugarte in, and Højlund and Shaw back.

Even if we ignore the individual mistakes leading to the goal, we have been pathetic in the rest of the game also. Into the third season and everyone still looks like they have met for the first time.

Kinda feel like a lot of United fans have brought this season on themselves, after the cup win we went from a majority wanting him gone to an overwhelming majority wanting him to stay. You reap what you sow as the saying goes.
I agree, if ETH wasn't so popular I think they would have got rid of him in the summer. I do understand it to an extent but they clearly didn't want any backlash from fans or the media from sacking a guy that had just won another trophy in an impressive final.

Beaten last week by a 31 yr manager 2 games into his reign as manager and now someone 3 games into his and they look well coached already

We deserve this honestly, they had decided to sack him and then kept him because of the fecking FA cup after the worst season in 35 years. Now we sacrifice another season and another 3 years of transition under the next guy
Nah, other managers dont need 3 years of transfer windows, they usually go straight in and coach the players.

We only have so many years on this earth and we somehow felt the need to waste another season with this clown in charge

I'm done with him now. Can't support him any longer.

Literally zero progress. I have absolutely no idea what we are trying to do.

He's built a team that can't score goals and makes ncredibly horrendous bad errors across the pitch in both attack and defense. What is he doing right?
Come on mate, there is no way anyone can say Liverpool were good value for their lead. We had them in some compromising positions and there was bad decisions from Bruno and others. They have Salah who is arguably the best player in the world alongside very established talent.

We finished 8th and played terrible football last season. I'm absolutely shocked the same hopeless manager hasn't miraculously transformed into Klopp after a summer break

One of the least prepared and capable managers of a big club that I’ve seen in my lifetime.

There's absolutely no surprise it's going as badly as it is. Ridiculous that he wasn't sacked.

Would anyone seriously complain or say it was too early if he got the boot during the international break?

Genuine question - do well coached teams make ‘individual errors’ that lead to goals against pretty much every game or is just us?

Like the argument for so many shit games last season was ‘not on the manager, individual mistake’ but why is it every game if not multiple times every game with us?

Sack him and let Ruud be interim. can't serve up any worse football than this shit.
Even if he lucks out and we claw back to a draw, we are not a good team and this is his 3rd year.

In a very small way I understand why INEOS didn't sack him after not being able to get Tuchel and lack of alternatives, but feck me I think anyone else would be better. Should have sacked and got a lesser name in just for a year and see how the managerial market is after that.

Posts here are so emotional. Casemiro throwing the half for us isn't really something the manager can control.
Casemiro it's at fault for both goals, but we weren't playing good either. It's not a case of punctual moments that feck up the game for us. We were poor after the first 5-10 minutes. Can't control the ball, created no chances, it was coming one way or another.

Todays excuse,

"What can Eth do, when experienced players like Case makes stupid mistakes, if not for that, we would be winning comfortably."

The flip flopping we saw on the back of the FA Cup final was bizarre

Was so clearly out of his depth yet it seemed one game was all it took to change so many peoples mind

Yep. And i don't care if there is no one better "on paper". You may have the best looking girlfriend, but is she it bringing you down and is crap in bed, you have to get rid. It not like shes the only woman in the word and Ten Hag aint the only manager our there. The rest of the league seem to find good managerial talent.

Who freaking cares? This guy cant get a tune out of this team. They don't believe in him, his tactics are crap and his only answer is to buy more Ajax players who buy in to his 2019 Ajax system.

The FA cup win should have been seen as a just a bonus to a crap season and not a reason to keep him on. He didn't deserve more time based on one competition when he was horrendous in the other 3. It made zero sense then and is even worse now. INEOS have been great in all areas apart from that one decision. I'm at least optimistic that they will make the right decision the second time around regarding him. Till then I can't be bothered to waste my weekends on Eth and his ideas or lack of them.