Erik ten Hag | 2024/25

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

• and crack

Results are only viewable after voting.
Lads the season isn't over after three games. There's a chance it might get worse, but you should still have some patience to see if the changes we're trying to implement can bear some fruit.
Nothing has changed in 18 months. If you think this is about 3 games you haven’t been paying attention.

Posts here are so emotional. Casemiro throwing the half for us isn't really something the manager can control.

Yeah I agree. It is also those who wanted him sacked getting upset.

The team has been playing better since pre-season. Its clear they will need a run of games to get everyone up to speed and some wins to get confidence up. That will be on Ten Hag if he can't get results. However, if Ugarte adapts well he fits this team lile a glove and we should see a step up. I do think we are at a very interesting stage where we are seeing small improvements but the results are not reflecting it. Will be interesting to see how INEOS view it. I believe they will give him time to get the players gelling. It'll be on Ten Hag to get results though.

The whole setup is just madness. Same as last season - the two midfielders can’t cope.

You’re essentially playing a front 6 of risk takers. All taking high risk passes. The team ends up playing basketball.

We covered it up in the first two matches with Mount as support but the second he was subbed it went to shit again.

We should have SOLD Bruno in the summer, not given him a new contract. Playing through a number 10 who constantly turns the ball over is a recipe for disaster, and we see (and know it will happen) every time we play the dippers.

He’s been a good player for us, but him being the kind of player he is on top of EtH’s awful ‘pinball’ concept is a recipe for getting a pasting against top clubs.

- We had a good summer for incomings, but we’ve still got all the players who hold us back: Bruno, Rashford, Case, and we’re paying the price for that today.

Yes, it's always a great idea to get rid of your best player.

Who would you have picked instead of Casemiro? Yeah he's been terrible today but tbf he'd been decent enough in the previous games.
We shouldn’t have one guy in midfield, it’s suicidal football to have a 30 odd year old in midfield whilst Bruno and Mainoo are up the field. We cannot keep excusing Ten Hag, he needs to deliver.

I am finding it difficult to understand and stand behind starting Rashford and not Amad. Casemiro can’t be playing anymore. Every sign has been there. Holy feck.

He’s a terrible manager. This should be his last game. What’s the point of waiting until December? We have a whole season to play.

Disagree look at the structure of the team, it's reflective of the manager Casemiro is always isolated when recieving the ball on the half turn, that is the managers responsibility.

It's not a Casemiro issue it's a midfield issue full of the managers signings and players he's promoted or has had contracts renewed with.

Agree with this. The mistakes are happening because of our setup. Players seem to isolated, there's too much space between the lines causing us to attempt these long passes that end up getting intercepted. And it's a clear tactical issue.

ETH has to be out regardless but can someone tell me what Jason Wilcox’s Game Model is?

Wilcox has been in his role since April 2024 and it’s now September and I haven’t seen anything implemented apart from a half decent press. On the ball we are still fecking clueless. Teams like Spurs, Chelsea and Palace looks leagues ahead of us in their attacking play.

Lads the season isn't over after three games. There's a chance it might get worse, but you should still have some patience to see if the changes we're trying to implement can bear some fruit.
What changes are those? The system and the fundamental tactics are the same.

Excuse will be injuries.
Mount specifically - who is usually injured anyway.
System is just shite.
Make it stop

Posts here are so emotional. Casemiro throwing the half for us isn't really something the manager can control.

How many times have we passed the ball back to Liverpool in our own half?

Why does he have us playing so deep and inviting pressure? Stevie Wonder can see we cant play out from the back. Liverpool are just waiting for us to make the mistake - they are not even pressing us hard. They are waiting to spring on the bad pass.

And what is this 442? Bruno often higher up have we bought a forward that cant play in a front three ?

ETH didnt like Ronaldo because he couldn't press from the front. Can Zirkzee?

It’s not just bad decisions mate, it’s bad coaching. You have been a big supporter, but it’s time to concede. He isn’t good enough to make it here.

It's diabolical, I know the games not over but I'm inclined to beleive that Erik Ten Hag is the worst coach of every manager hired post SAF.

He's gone into every season with a new system that has failed to bear any fruit.

I've never seen a coach at the top level fail no matter what the approach is. It's why United are at their best when there's chaos back and forth trajectory, outside of that the team have a manager who cannot do anything else feasible.

This is the same garbage we watched last season. He has no system. The defense looks lost. WIngers are impotent. Zirkzee is wandering. The only players earning their pay are Fernandes and Dalot. Seriously, Rashford and Garnacho are useless. I was praying ETH would get the sack in the summer and knew that this was going to happen when he didn't. I don't even think the players respect him.

Who let Casemiro always happy to do one touch pass and thought himself as Pirlo? He's never like that at Madrid.

His replacement was just signed on Friday but wasn't registered. Would you like 20 year old Toby Collyer's debut to be against Liverpool? Or perhaps we can play the ghost of Eriksen there
I would like to see us not be battered at home.

He should have gone last season, he simply doesn’t have the credit in the bank to oversee a rebuild that is going to take time and patience. The FA Cup win should not have been taken into account, fan sentiment should have been ignored as most of those who wanted him to stay will be changing their minds already.

4:12 in goals scored in the league under EtH so far. He really gets how important this rivalry is to us.

I don't get why Diallo doesn't start. He's the better footballer out of Garnacho and Rashford. Then you consider the fact that he's the only natural rw whose name is not Antony in the side, Ten Hag should've dropped one of Garnacho or Rashford.

Come on mate, there is no way anyone can say Liverpool were good value for their lead. We had them in some compromising positions and there was bad decisions from Bruno and others. They have Salah who is arguably the best player in the world alongside very established talent.
Yup, Liverpool were equally bad. This is two teams who are not very good but one of them have good attacking talent. However this is the question, why is a manager in his third season performing as bad as a manager in only his third game.

As for the final passes not being good enough being used as an excuse, what exactly is it that actually separates us from the average mid-table PL sides, many of whom have similar performances and shortcomings as us. If our manager cannot have us perform better than a mid-table club, he has no business being here.

How often are we going to use this excuse though? The constant isn't just that Ten Hag plays him, it's also that Ten Hag sets up our team to get dominated nearly every game, leaves massive gaps in our midfield, we have no recognisable patterns of play, we can't score, shit players have been brought in under his request because he saw their face once in the past, tried to copy the 2 AM formation that Pep and Klopp were trialing and fecked that up too, his subs are always late and wrong, he seems incapable of recognising what our problems are and he's in his third season. Third season! At what point does any of this become his responsibility?!

Every game a player will make an error, it can happen to any team. The difference with us is that it's so noticeable because we are always flying by the seat of our pants and struggling to compete with anyone.

The only thing Ten Hag does well is say "heh" and market himself, do interviews and write posts where he manages to get people to sympathise with him and believe that next week will be different. I'm tired of believing any of it. If it's emotional to look at the last 25 months of the same problems and say "that'll do, Pidge. That'll do" then fair enough, but I think he's had more than enough time to prove himself and failed.

Yes Casemiro has been bad, but you know what??? Everyone knows he struggles in these type of games, why are we not playing in a way that protects our players? This chaotic style is not suited to players that are error prone and low on confidence.

The post are a culmination of absolutely shite football we have played since beating Newcastle cup final, finishing the league with a negative goal difference, and now losing two of the first three games of the season. He is an absolute shite manager who has been backed by the club, and has mostly bought crap players, doesn't know how to setup an attack or defense.

Ah c'mon. They've basically all been shite and we've been outplayed in every position of the pitch.

We are 2-0 down to Liverpool at home with 1 shot on target. This is a Liverpool team with a new manager & no signings and I am being told United have played well & people are emotional

I don't get why Diallo doesn't start. He's the better footballer out of Garnacho and Rashford. Then you consider the fact that he's the only natural rw whose name is not Antony in the side, Ten Hag should've dropped one of Garnacho or Rashford.
Rashford needs another 18 months to find his form.

It's becoming very obvious you're on a wum.

What exactly do you think his responsibility is? Did you give him credit for the FA Cup final? Why is it down to him when players play well but never badly.

You do understand that his inability to properly coach a midfield and getting exposed by Ryan Gravenburch and Billy Gilmour is a major issue no?
If Liverpool were overruning us in midfield are destroying us with constant cuts through our structure you'd have half a point.
But Casemiro being lighter than a feather for goal 2, after he played an absolute hospital pass without bothering to take a touch for goal 1 is just amateur.

You can call me a wum if you like, but I think it's worth looking structurally at what we were doing today - aggressiveness and quick passing is what we want to show but it's clearly not suited to Casemiro who is long past his best. We've actually dispossessed and intercepted them a lot through the play before the first goal, and we were able to hunt in their third a lot more too.

We aren't perfect, we did get exposed at times. That's why we bought Ugarte but blaming the manager when we are so obviously playing differently to last season is lazy. It just sounds like an angry mob mentality.

We're not playing well though.
Before it was 1-0 we were.
Casemiro it's at fault for both goals, but we weren't playing good either. It's not a case of punctual moments that feck up the game for us. We were poor after the first 5-10 minutes. Can't control the ball, created no chances, it was coming one way or another.
The creation is poor - I agree here. I don't think we've played badly before the first goal though, quite the opposite.
See I'd agree with that, but unfortunately this is the third game of the same old rubbish from last season.
It's not the same old rubbish from last season. We're two goals down from feckery with Casemiro more than anything else.
Right on cue to absolve ETH of the blame as usual :lol:

Your delusion & loyalty to the man would be admirable if it wasn’t so ridiculous.

You spent all of last season blaming everything on defensive injuries. ETH now has a back 4 that include 3 of his signings and we’re on course for 1 win from our opening 3 games, so what’s the excuse now?
I don't think you read a lot of my posts last season..

We shouldn’t have one guy in midfield, it’s suicidal football to have a 30 odd year old in midfield whilst Bruno and Mainoo are up the field. We cannot keep excusing Ten Hag, he needs to deliver.
I'm not excusing EtH for how he sets up the midfield. I'm saying picking Casemiro was understandable given how he'd performed previously and our other available options. Obviously it looks like a bad decision in hindsight.

We consistently struggle to connect our play to our attackers. Honestly, with Ten Haag, Its never been their fault in my opinion.

Absolutely tactically outclassed again. Far too many players ahead of the ball. Bad shape. Completely overwhelmed by the press and no coherent shape to deal with it.

Bad performance by Casemiro but he's completely exposed. Wouldn't matter that much if Ugarte was there, we'd still be losing.