Erik ten Hag | 2024/25

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

• and crack

Results are only viewable after voting.
Big game v Spurs needed or else this ice will start cracking. This is where EtH needs to take the reigns and deliver some statement results. It's down to him and the team now, big results needed effectively 3 wins.
The ice has already cracked and he's fell through. Look at the poll, listen to the sentiment in here and online, look at our results and performances, listen to the likes of Andy Mitten and Laurie Whitwell try to spin positives while clearly referencing decent from match going fans. Many managers better than Ten Hag haven't been able to recover from this position.

Thomas Tuchel is still out of a job, and De Zerbi signed for Marseille in late june. I'm sure INEOS could've gotten one of them if they really tried. Not buying that explanation at all.
The Tammy Wynettes on the other hand... It is indeed surprising how parts of our fan base took the words of SAF a bit to literally.
Suspect they'll go back to Tuchel when Ten Hag gets booted.

We're at the point where even scraping a win at Tottenham or Villa would mean we're just delaying the inevitable, like when Ole beat Spurs in the middle of that terrible run that got him sacked. You would think that if we don't see some massive improvements, and I mean massive, in the next two games he'll be gone in the next international break.

I think he has to deliver good wins in the next 3 games i.e. with good performances. Whilst I believe that last season was a very unlucky season and distorted the way we viewed the season, at this point he has a good squad, the players should now all be match fit with minimal injuries, this is the period where he now needs to deliver. Time to see what he's made of.

I just cannot wait for the day I wake up and see "Ten Hag has been fired from United". Please make it happen soon. It doesn't matter what players we sign or how many when we have this clueless clown in charge. Such a poor manager who consistently makes stupid decisions. During his time here, he has also always rewarded shit performances with more playing time.

said it when we finished bottom the champions league group he should have been sacked, elite teams like real and barca would have sacked him that night

I think he has to deliver good wins in the next 3 games i.e. with good performances. Whilst I believe that last season was a very unlucky season and distorted the way we viewed the season, at this point he has a good squad, the players should now all be match fit with minimal injuries, this is the period where he now needs to deliver. Time to see what he's made of.
We only have two games left before the international break. It's now or never. Spurs and Villa.

Edit: Sorry, it's 3, we play Porto in the middle.

I just can't speak with any confidence of when we will next win with him in charge. How have some still not seen enough. There's so little to suggest this bloke is anything special or long term going to get us back to the point, so why the faith.

For us who wants EtH gone yesterday, can you feel that all the people who defends him never have arguments for why. They just use "Fergie got a couple of years", "We cant keep firing managers", "The group must settle" etc. Often not a single one of actual football progress or liking him as a person.

For me, he should have left Carrington after the big Liverpool defeat. Haven't enjoyed my team since.

I can see progress. We are on the right path.

The schedule is shit, if we had more games against the likes of Barnsley and S'ton things would look much rosier.

Which is why sacking him now would be so counter productive - we'd be letting so many of our fans off the hook. Let him see out the season, maybe even his contract. Nows the time to stay firm - and if it doesn't work out just up the ticket prices to make up for the money we'll have lost.

Long term the club will be in a better place if we suffer through this.

I'm not sure you're taking the piss but if you aren't. The supporters you think this lesson will target won't learn anything from dragging this out. Most of them will still think he was sacked too soon because we didn't give him 6 years like Fergie got. If the decade of giving managers too much time and the repeated shitshows that resulted from that hasn't taught them that there's no Fergie mk2 destined to repeat SAF's career, nothing will.

For us who wants EtH gone yesterday, can you feel that all the people who defends him never have arguments for why. They just use "Fergie got a couple of years", "We cant keep firing managers", "The group must settle" etc. Often not a single one of actual football progress or liking him as a person.

For me, he should have left Carrington after the big Liverpool defeat. Haven't enjoyed my team since.

Well, firstly you listed arguments for why in your post saying there isn't arguments why...

And there are loads of reasons given in this thread by posters, some more sensible than others, for why they think he should stay. The same in reverse for those who want him gone.

Yeah sorry, the Porto game is midweek between Spurs and Villa

An important game for us as we can't afford to lose that one as well. So this is for me the endgame. 3 games we can't afford to lose, 3 games where the team has to not only show good performances but also results. Its not out of the realm if possibility that we win all 3, but it is a tough position EtH has put himself in.

Well, firstly you listed arguments for why in your post saying there isn't arguments why...

And there are loads of reasons given in this thread by posters, some more sensible than others, for why they think he should stay. The same in reverse for those who want him gone.

Those aren't arguments why you should keep Ten Hag. They're nebulous arguments for why you should never fire any manager and were also made for Moyes, Mourinho and Ole

For what it's worth I think it's one of the most disrespectful arguments to Ferguson going around. You genuinely want us to believe that what he achieved could have been achieved by any Tom, Dick or Harry if only they had long enough.

Those aren't arguments why you should keep Ten Hag. They're nebulous arguments for why you should never fire any manager and were also made for Moyes, Mourinho and Ole

For what it's worth I think it's one of the most disrespectful arguments to Ferguson going around. You genuinely want us to believe that what he achieved could have been achieved by any Tom, Dick or Harry if only they had long enough.

Again....the thread is full of arguments from posters for why EtH should have been given this season and not have been fired. Again, some more sensible than others, the same goes for the reverse arguments for him being fired. You clearly haven't seen an argument saying he should never be fired.

I'm not sure you're taking the piss but if you aren't. The supporters you think this lesson will target won't learn anything from dragging this out. Most of them will still think he was sacked too soon because we didn't give him 6 years like Fergie got. If the decade of giving managers too much time and the repeated shitshows that resulted from that hasn't taught them that there's no Fergie mk2 destined to repeat SAF's career, nothing will.

Which is why, I'd also hit them at the gates too.

If you wanted this as a fanbase, you now pay for it. We should try and make up for the lost revenue for the CL at the gates going forward.

If this is the excuse to bring ticket prices back in-line with inflation over the last 15 years - we'll be financially healthier in the long term too.

Where are the sacking rumours?
Seems immune. They didn’t even really come up last season except after the Palace 4-0, but even that got quickly dismissed.

We could lose 14-0 on Sunday and I still won’t expect any talk of him being sacked. I don’t know what it’ll take. Apparently a lot.

But none of the arguments was for HIM as a manager. What makes him, as a manager and person, the right manager. Not the situation at the club.

He’s got three games coming up, where given the opposition you wouldn’t be surprised if we lost all three.

Lose those, and we’ll be back in full-on pitchforks and torches mode.
If he loses all three there is no way he survives the international break. It already feels like Ole's last few weeks.

The thing with EtH is he often does enough to scrape through, I suspect we will bear spurs and get draws from the other two.

I'm at the point, I think I've seen enough. I don't have a reason to think this guy can return us to the top, given that I don't see the point continuing.

An important game for us as we can't afford to lose that one as well. So this is for me the endgame. 3 games we can't afford to lose, 3 games where the team has to not only show good performances but also results. Its not out of the realm if possibility that we win all 3, but it is a tough position EtH has put himself in.

:lol: really?

I'd be surprised if we get more than 3 points out of those games.

Again....the thread is full of arguments from posters for why EtH should have been given this season and not have been fired. Again, some more sensible than others, the same goes for the reverse arguments for him being fired. You clearly haven't seen an argument saying he should never be fired.

And, again, saying 'managers need time', the 'group needs to settle' and 'SAF was shit too' isn't an argument FOR Ten Hag it's an argument that through the power of wishful thinking any manager could be successful.

If you want to turn them into arguments FOR ten Hag himself you need to focus on concrete things that he has done here to justify why he himself should have that backing as opposed to say Dave who manages the Dog and Duck XI. As it is, even his backers don't actually like his football so it just becomes another exercise in listing excuses for why he's never been able to get us consistently playing in a way that suggests he could be successful.

You’d think even a basic coach could get our team playing better. Ten Hag talks a good game but the proof is in the pudding. And we are still inept and clueless and easy to work out.

Those aren't tangible reasons to keep ETH. They're vague concepts that can be applied to any manager, and indeed have been said about all of Moyes, Mourinho, Ole.

What have we seen in what ETH has coached and led into this team in what is now his third season that is a reason to think he specifically should continue on as our manager?

Yes we have to win at least 2 of these 3 games. With only 1 win we would have only 4 wins in the first 11 official games. Even last year we had 6 wins in the first 11 official games, which was bad. This year is abysmal if he doesn’t win at least 2 of next 3 games.

We are level with a dutch side at home. chasing a goal, and we don't know how to fecking create a proper chance. He's been here for 2 entire seasons. Not up to the standard. Look at our rivals scoring goals galore and we can't get past 1 goal at home.

It’s mildly amusing think back on Di Matteo. Caretaker wins a CL with Chelsea largely on the back of the players carrying on with their Mourinho era tactics. Quickly fired the next season because he was clearly not up to it.

Imagine if that happened with us. You would have our fanbase clamoring for him to stay, saying he’s won a champions league, how can we fire him? He clearly has something about him to be able to win that, and even if he doesn’t, he’s won more European trophies since he’s been here than every other manager.

That’s the exact same line of thinking people have been using with ETH and his tinpot cup wins

Suspect they'll go back to Tuchel when Ten Hag gets booted.
No thanks. I have zero interest in having a toxic manager here who has already turned us down once. The job was on a plate for him this summer if he wanted it, accepting another offer down the line would be because he can't get a job elsewhere - not because he wants to manage Man Utd.

We are so fecking crap. Just waiting for him to be sacked now. Watch most games with complete boredom. We barely create any actual goal scoring chances. That was against the lowest ranked team we will face in the EL league stage this season too. Absolutely rubbish.