Erik ten Hag | 2024/25

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

• and crack

Results are only viewable after voting.
Liverpool lost an entire 90 minute match to Forest. At home. End of discussion.

Seriously though, this line of argument is nonsense. You don't watch other teams so closely, hence you don't see it. This sort of thing over 20-30 minutes happens all the time. We're 5th in the Prem in xG differential; the team hasn't been horrible. The finishing hasn't been there so far and we need to start winning games, but you're off base if you think we're the only team to ever struggle against lower level sides.

Forest would probably beat us the way they've started. We've not faced a team playing as well as them apart from maybe Liverpool. You think it's good that we get battered by Liverpool, who are easily dealt with by Forest? Even Liverpool was a game that was a good time to be playing them as they've looked shaky at times. Which is to be expected when playing under a new coach with no new signings. We're in year three having spent half a billion.

We're 5th in xG after having faced a favourable start, apart from one game. This is my whole point.

ETH this season with the new structure have opted for young players who we can develop into stars and then maybe make profits on in the future. Where as previously we’ve signed superstars and made massive losses on them. Young teams are never ready to challenge for big trophies. They have to grow together which will see us with a lot of pain and defeats.

Come'on man, we've been shite for 11 years now. None of the stats being posted are impressive nor prove anything. We're a 4th to 6th place PL team and have been since SAF retired.
We've never been as bad closing out games. ETH is uniquely bad at that. It's a mentality thing and it comes down to the manager and his captain.

ETH this season with the new structure have opted for young players who we can develop into stars and then maybe make profits on in the future. Where as previously we’ve signed superstars and made massive losses on them. Young teams are never ready to challenge for big trophies. They have to grow together which will see us with a lot of pain and defeats.

Right it's just because we have young players :lol:

For context Chelsea, Arsenal, Aston Villa, Brighton all have had younger average formations this season than us. On to the next excuse.

Right it's just because we have young players :lol:

For context Chelsea, Arsenal, Aston Villa, Brighton all have had younger average formations this season than us. On to the next excuse.
And what exactly have they all won? :lol: It’s not an excuse. It just takes longer time to develop.

Dumb stat.

We’re shite now compared to before, so obviously we are more likely to concede late winners. Nothing to do with losers mentality. We’re just rubbish.

There’s loads of sticks to beat ETH with, without having to reach for that crap to drive your narrative. Leave that shit to the clowns on Twitter.
Is us being rubbish not a stick to beat the manager with then?

Average age of players used:

Chelsea 23.5
Spurs 24.3
Bournemouth 24.9
Brighton 25.0
Southampton 25.3
Brentford 25.4
Arsenal 25.4
Villa 25.6
United 25.7

What's next on the ETH apologist rolodex of excuses?

Dumb stat.

We’re shite now compared to before, so obviously we are more likely to concede late winners. Nothing to do with losers mentality. We’re just rubbish.

There’s loads of sticks to beat ETH with, without having to reach for that crap to drive your narrative. Leave that shit to the clowns on Twitter.

So we were a top side under Moyes, Van Gaal, Jose and Ole but we're shite under Ten Hag? :confused:

Yeah. I'd agree with this.

I'd go further to say that Ten Hag will ultimately get sacked within the next few months but the new manager will benefit from some of the work that has gone on since the cup final.

Chelsea 23.5
Spurs 24.3
Bournemouth 24.9
Brighton 25.0
Southampton 25.3
Brentford 25.4
Arsenal 25.4
Villa 25.6
United 25.7

That is a bit too easy dont you think? I dont think it is a strange claim to say we have a young team. I think Bruno is our only 30 year old starter. Casemiro, Evans and Maguire bring up the average age a bit but they dont seem to be first choices anymore

So we were a top side under Moyes, Van Gaal, Jose and Ole but we're shite under Ten Hag? :confused:
Ah, you seem to have left off Sir Alex Ferguson. Who I’d say had the greatest statistical influence over all.

That is a bit too easy dont you think? I dont think it is a strange claim to say we have a young team. I think Bruno is our only 30 year old starter. Casemiro, Evans and Maguire bring up the average age a bit but they dont seem to be first choices anymore

No the strange claim is trying to say our disastrous results and performances are down to us having a particularly young team.

We have a young team by historical standards, but so does most of the league, so it excuses nothing. Half the teams I listed finished above us last season. Bournemouth Brentford and Brighton didnt finish above us but all of them have humiliated us on the pitch.

Chelsea 23.5
Spurs 24.3
Bournemouth 24.9
Brighton 25.0
Southampton 25.3
Brentford 25.4
Arsenal 25.4
Villa 25.6
United 25.7

It's always good when an excuse with zero research behind it gets dispelled.