Erik ten Hag | 2024/25

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

• and crack

Results are only viewable after voting.
Those aren't tangible reasons to keep ETH. They're vague concepts that can be applied to any manager, and indeed have been said about all of Moyes, Mourinho, Ole.

What have we seen in what ETH has coached and led into this team in what is now his third season that is a reason to think he specifically should continue on as our manager?

If the team wins the next 3 with performances similar to what we've seen for most of the season (outside of pool) the narrative will be positive e.g. better possession, more chances etc. If we have 3 poor performances then it'll be negative with the fact we haven't had a full 90 of a good performance outside of Barnsley. Now is it likely we win all 3, probably not. However, is it beyond the realm of possibility, no. The reality is EtH's time here will be put in to context after the fact. If you have made up your mind that he is going to fail, fair enough. Is EtH reaching the end of his tether, quite likely. We will see what happens.

Yes we have to win at least 2 of these 3 games. With only 1 win we would have only 4 wins in the first 11 official games. Even last year we had 6 wins in the first 11 official games, which was bad. This year is abysmal if he doesn’t win at least 2 of next 3 games.

I personally think he needs to win all 3. It's at a point where he has to show something with this team.

You are either a Manchester United fan, thus you want him gone, or you are an Erik ten Hag fan, and should follow him to his next club. But you cannot be a supporter of this club and also want this manager to stay. It just doesn't work like that. It's like wanting the Glazers to stay. Going nowhere under both.

That's really all there is to it.
No don’t agree. That’s being harsh on fans with a different opinion. Remember opinions are like assholes, everyone has one

But whilst my opinion since last season is that he and hai brand of football will not work here, it’s not ok for me to say people are not fans if they disagree

From February: Sir Jim Ratcliffe has revealed plans to restore the greatness of Manchester United within three years and knock Manchester City "off their perch".

Imagine thinking we're 3 years from greatness and then wasting one of those years on this clueless clown. We're owned by a deluded senile dinosaur.
Wow. Classy contribution

Can’t even beat the club equivalent of Bosnia and Herzegovina at home with a full strength squad.

Sick of the sight of this guy.

Spurs at home then Porto and villa away. Will he pull his Houdini act again or will this finally be it for ten hag?

Backing managers for a time (too much time) is how we've found ourselves in this predicament.
It's not that simple. We sacked Moyes within 10 months, and LvG as soon as things started to turn, despite an FA cup win. Mourinho too, arguably, after winning a couple of trophies the season before.

Being ruthless hasn't worked. Being patient hasn't worked. We're in this predicament because, more often than not, we've hired the wrong people and signed the wrong players.

The new execs seem to have started turning around the latter, but we'll have to wait and see if they have better luck appointing a manager.

Spurs at home then Porto and villa away. Will he pull his Houdini act again or will this finally be it for ten hag?
I think this might be a bridge too far for him. Honestly, there is nothing that I have seen so far that gives me any confidence that this team could win even 2 out of these 3 fixtures, let alone all 3. That is damning in itself.

It's not that simple. We sacked Moyes within 10 months, and LvG as soon as things started to turn, despite an FA cup win. Mourinho too, arguably, after winning a couple of trophies the season before.

Being ruthless hasn't worked. Being patient hasn't worked. We're in this predicament because, more often than not, we've hired the wrong people and signed the wrong players.

The new execs seem to have started turning around the latter, but we'll have to wait and see if they have better luck appointing a manager.
Patience with a manager is good, but patience with the wrong manager is just a waste of time. Why can’t we accept that not every manager will come good with patience. What has Ten Hag shown in the last years in playing style or progression that we need to have more patience with him. The squad is better/younger than when he started but the results aren’t better at all.

The football isn't good but he also can't manage the game to save his life.

He keeps making that move of subbing a player in a certain position only to move him to a different one 10 minutes later. How does that help the player or the team find any rhythm in the game and what does it say about the manager's confidence in his decisions?

We are level with a dutch side at home. chasing a goal, and we don't know how to fecking create a proper chance. He's been here for 2 entire seasons. Not up to the standard. Look at our rivals scoring goals galore and we can't get past 1 goal at home.

Exactly. I would be amazed if any other top side (well we were under the great man) would have tolerated anything approaching the dire performances under Ten Hag. And I just can't see the justification.
Yes this year he has bought some semi decent players.

I don't believe he is going to be saked quite yet. But in my view he is on very thin ice.

FC Twente - Squad Value - 20 million.

Where are we going wrong? Why are we not able to convincingly win against such minnows at home? If we need world class players in every spot, then what’s the use of a manager? Isn’t it the primary job of the manager to make “sum” play better than the parts?

Or is this his level, he is a basically a midtable manager, who was lucky to be handed the keys to the “biggest” club in the world. Whatever it is, but for the sake our club, he needs to be let go or one more season goes away in drain.

I blame Arteta. The cnut gave everyone hope -- from the owners to new management and some fans.

Get rid of him ASAP and there's a chance this season won't be a complete write off. As it stands, we're going nowhere anytime soon. We're closer to Southampton than we are to City.

Even if INEOS don’t sack ETH after Spurs get through with us, I would hope they’re at least making inquiries with suitable successors. We cannot go another month witnessing shambolic performances by a squad which by all rights should be able handle clubs at the level of Palace and Twente.

If he loses all three there is no way he survives the international break. It already feels like Ole's last few weeks.

The thing with EtH is he often does enough to scrape through, I suspect we will bear spurs and get draws from the other two.

I'm at the point, I think I've seen enough. I don't have a reason to think this guy can return us to the top, given that I don't see the point continuing.

Very fair post.

Sigh. I hope changes are made before the season is a complete write off - again. His tenure despite the cup wins has really been a chore. I don't feel excited about watching United games

It should be the end of the road for Ten Hag.
He's been given enough time and we've become a second class football team - no progress at all.

I rate our first team squad now. It's not league winning quality but I find little to fault really. No real excuses left for ten hag, he absolutely should be doing far better than he is with it.

Just waiting for Luke Shaw to come back before we can, finally, start to judge ten Hags managerial credentials.

Such an ABU fan thing to say. We need more patience.

I think ETH will turn it around when he has Lacey and Ibragimov coming close to their peak years -- then he will have the perfect catalysts to take us to the next level.

No thanks. I have zero interest in having a toxic manager here who has already turned us down once. The job was on a plate for him this summer if he wanted it, accepting another offer down the line would be because he can't get a job elsewhere - not because he wants to manage Man Utd.
What if he turned us down because our offer was shite? I mean Klopp turned us down once, does that mean we shouldn't get back in for him if he would be willing to join us?

For us who wants EtH gone yesterday, can you feel that all the people who defends him never have arguments for why. They just use "Fergie got a couple of years", "We cant keep firing managers", "The group must settle" etc. Often not a single one of actual football progress or liking him as a person.

For me, he should have left Carrington after the big Liverpool defeat. Haven't enjoyed my team since.

Which big Liverpool defeat? the 7-1 or the 3-0?

I am not surprised by the result last night or the knee jerk reactions this morning.

He got it wrong last night, he should have rotated and given the chance to some of the fringe players to impress but he picked most of the starters in what was a meaningless game tbh.

Its no surprised they put in such a performance, most of them were probably thinking they were going to be rested for the weekend.

ETH really does not help himself at times, but its early in the season and he knows his job is on the line and there are no excuses so i would expect us to improve.

There are grounds for optimism though, we are creating chances in the league but are not putting them away, i think we are way clear in the big chances missed this season so its up to the players to start putting them away.

We should have a better idea after the Spurs and Villa games.

The reason he's survived is because he somehow manages to get a freebie in the middle of some fairly standard runs where he's under performing, like Southampton or Barnsley, and people flip flop in their opinion. Now we have no injuries he can't hide behind that affecting the results anymore and the freebies have dried up. Only tough games now.

Could be sacked after the next 3 games. Can't see us getting anything really from them

I am not surprised by the result last night or the knee jerk reactions this morning.

He got it wrong last night, he should have rotated and given the chance to some of the fringe players to impress but he picked most of the starters in what was a meaningless game tbh.

Its no surprised they put in such a performance, most of them were probably thinking they were going to be rested for the weekend.

ETH really does not help himself at times, but its early in the season and he knows his job is on the line and there are no excuses so i would expect us to improve.

There are grounds for optimism though, we are creating chances in the league but are not putting them away, i think we are way clear in the big chances missed this season so its up to the players to start putting them away.

Reactions aren't knee jerk this is his third season. Reactions are based of years of absolute shite

Moving Bruno out to the right and removing Rashford & Amad last night shows that Ten Hag will not change. I'm done with hoping. Ten Hag is not versatile in his tactics or formations and plays his favourites to the detriment of the team. This isn't an Arteta situation where we are improving year on year. Its blatantly obvious that Ten Hag isn't good enough. His in game management is horrendous. 3 huge games coming up for him.

Nothing knee jerk about it, it's been 2 years of absolute shite.

Nothing is going to change. We might scrape a point v spurs but we'll get spanked by villa.

It would be a knee jerk reaction if we were within the first 10 games of his tenure. We aren't. We are two and a bit seasons in and results are no better and it's utter shit.

Better idea of what? How shit we are? The fact we can't beat lessor teams should already give you an idea. I'd be surprised if we manage 3 points out of the next three (Spurs, Porto, Villa).