Erik ten Hag | 2024/25

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

• and crack

Results are only viewable after voting.
This and worst of all, refused to get rid of them until they've completely and utterly sank the ship. Clubs hire wrong managers all the fecking time - nobody else refuses to move on until the last fecking moment.

Each of our last 5 managers could've been sacked at least 3x in each of their tenures. But we've refused to do it.

It always seems to end with us getting absolutely obliterated by Liverpool. At Old Trafford to make it worse. This time around that's already happened, and he's still here. Any serious club would sack him in the morning, but many posters on here still seem to think he'll last until just before Christmas. It's incredibly insane.

«Keep» went from 10 % to 22 % after beating a promoted team and some farts from the 3rd tier. This fanbase never ceases to amaze me.

One thing i dont like these days is ETH making Rashford basically hug the wing. I preferred if he cuts inside more for a better pass to him. Hes not the kind of winger that just whips the ball in.

If you miss Ole, there's something wrong, I'm sorry.
He was sacked at the right time and was deserved. You can argue he wasn't backed but lost games badly against teams we should have beaten. He didn't have much support left.

All of that is true. But the key point you made is "if you miss Ole, there's something wrong". Well there is, and unfortunately it's the manager we've replaced him with.

I don’t get why we would lay any blame on forwards not being clinical enough when we did not actually even create any really good chances today. Our expected goals were slightly over 1 and we scored 1, that was par for the course for this performance. It’s not like we wasted multiple great chances and got punished on the odd opportunity they got, these were two equal teams playing it out toe to toe.

The good old days when OGS was rumored to be close to dismissal and Conte was waiting on the sidelines, so OGS went full Conte with 352 and beat Spurs 3-0 away. :lol:

Followed up by 1 point in the next three including that masterful 4-1 defeat to Watford. EtH is the same. Pretty consistently shit but with a few good results here and there that keep him alive somehow.

The biggest factor of success in football management is time. Given enough time to implement their ideas, all managers will be successful

I don’t get why we would lay any blame on forwards not being clinical enough when we did not actually even create any really good chances today. Our expected goals were slightly over 1 and we scored 1, that was par for the course for this performance. It’s not like we wasted multiple great chances and got punished on the odd opportunity they got, these were two equal teams playing it out toe to toe.
Please stop the sarcasm, it’s tedious.

If you miss Ole, there's something wrong, I'm sorry.
He was sacked at the right time and was deserved. You can argue he wasn't backed but lost games badly against teams we should have beaten. He didn't have much support left.

What shafted Ole was the re-signing of Cristiano Ronaldo, we had been doing well under him but after Cristiano rejoined everything we we had been doing was dropped and we switched to a system of win the ball then get it to Ronaldo as soon as possible which didnt work because Ronaldo no longer had the legs to move quick enough for and deal with the demands of the Premier League.

It always seems to end with us getting absolutely obliterated by Liverpool. At Old Trafford to make it worse. This time around that's already happened, and he's still here. Any serious club would sack him in the morning, but maybe posters on here still seem to think he'll last until just before Christmas. It's incredibly insane.
I mean some have accepted on here that losing 3-0 to Liverpool at OT was part or even evidence of ‘the improvement’. Last weekend’s draw at Palace was being heralded as an amazing performance. This is who we are and it’s laughable.

Followed up by 1 point in the next three including that masterful 4-1 defeat to Watford. EtH is the same. Pretty consistently shit but with a few good results here and there that keep him alive for whatever somehow.

That tells you more about the club rather than the two managers. The club itself is always looking for a reason not to sack a manager, so they'll grab any opportunity that comes their way.

It's genuinely hard to get sacked managing this club. It's one of the easiest multimillion pound paying jobs in the country.

We don't need a Pep-tier manager to improve. ETH is currently Moyes-tier bad, he can be improved upon fairly easily.

Oh, I agree, don't get me wrong. I'm firmly in the camp that wants him gone and will happily take a chance with any number of alternatives at this point. But some people don't see it that way. They wouldn't feel comfortable getting rid unless there was an elite manager that is available and begging to be our manager before they entertain the idea of sacking him, because anyone else might be a bit risky.

It's the new excuse this season. That or 'Individual mistakes' as if most goals scored in football aren't a direct result of some kind of individual mistake.

It's the new excuse this season. That or 'Individual mistakes' as if most goals scored in football aren't a direct result of some kind of individual mistake.
Our goal was literally a result of Twente player’s individual mistake. :lol:

I've been willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but he should be sacked after tonight.

I'm sorry, playing Eriksen for 3 games on the trot knowing he tires easily. Selecting Bruno after last week's abysmal performance and keeping him on again tonight for the full 90 while taking off one of our most dangerous forwards in Rashford tonight.

Abysmal and needs to go.

Reactions: Fortitude
Terrible at making positive changes. From the day he picked Bruno as captain I knew he valued dressing room politics over on the pitch performance and it shows in his subs too.

I've been willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but he should be sacked after tonight.

I'm sorry, playing Eriksen for 3 games on the trot knowing he tires easily. Selecting Bruno after last week's abysmal performance and keeping him on again tonight for the full 90 while taking off one of our most dangerous forwards in Rashford tonight.

Abysmal and needs to go.
Eriksen, 4 games mate.

I'm afraid that he will.

He won't. Our European form is abysmal, our PL form is abysmal. This is our PL form since the League Cup Win, his only hope was to have a positive European campaign. We have to get results in the next two PL games, failure to do so will be his end.

Games​
Win %​
W​
D​
L​
GF​
GA​
GD​
57​
49.12%​
28​
9​
20​
79​
78​
1​

fancy being hoodwinked by one game last year and thinking the bloke can actually manage ....should have punted him last year , but alas lets extend his contract because he beat city ....

we are a mess and the bloke way in over his head

Abysmal and needs to go.
Is it not 4 ?
Southampton , Barnsley , Palace and FC Twentr

He won't. Our European form is abysmal, our PL form is abysmal. This is our PL form since the League Cup Win, his only hope was to have a positive European campaign. We have to get results in the next two PL games, failure to do so will be his end.

Games​
Win %​
W​
D​
L​
GF​
GA​
GD​
57​
49.12%​
28​
9​
20​
79​
78​
1​

A loss and a draw will keep him in the job

They are still in the honeymoon phase where fans are falling over each to praise Ratcliffe and Ineos everytime they blow their nose, but keeping Ten Hag based on one cup upset was such a massive feck up it makes me doubt their entire vision
What I would say to you is relax on the Ineos front. They have put a few hundred million into the club in their first year and have hired excellent staff above the manager. This alone is light years ahead of the previous 18 years of Glazer majority ownership.
Yes, keeping ten Hag was a risk and the wrong decision but overall they are miles better than just the Glazers already.
We should be putting our energy into pushing the Glazers out entirely, not being hyper critical of ineos.
Let’s see what they do in the coming months with ten Hag.