Erik ten Hag | 2024/25

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

• and crack

Results are only viewable after voting.
To be fair you thought Rashford coming off was an ok decision, which means you're never going to see it how others do, as he was easily one of the most dangerous players for us on the pitch, so taking him off was just strange. It instantly weakened us.
No, I don't see how taking Rashford off for another attacker is cowardly. I don't see how bringing 2 attackers and a midfielder for the same is 'cowardly' when they are bringing a different element to the game.

I do think that we were not dominant enough and I do think we lacked intensity in attack, and I blame our manager and coaching staff for not instilling that push into our players. But I don't think the substitutions made us worse and I don't think we looked worse when Rashford came off. My view is that blaming in game subs is a flavour of the month thing with Ten Hag after Palace, so people are just winding themselves about it.

It wasn't a good display for the team and the manager takes responsibility for that. But we were playing poorly as a team when Rashford was on, and we played a bit better after (owing to other factors rather than Rashford). The subs weren't the issue today, it was the way we let the game drift without showing intent to put the team to the sword.

Every game we are poor in the 2nd half this needs to be addressed.

It's simple. We are poor in the second half because by half time we have given the opposition hope. We control the game, create chances and never kill a team off in the first half.

3 defeats in the next 3 is the most likely outcome. Maybe we can fluke something against Spurs given how poor they've been. Porto and Villa - definitely not.

You'd hope that means the axe falls in the next international break.
I expect we'll find Spurs have been nowhere near as poor as many are saying.

This is the same manager that kept starting Rashford after a whole season and a half of consistently terrible performances. He finally decided to drop him after he had two good games in a row for the first time in what feels like forever. It was probably the one game where most fans would have actually wanted him to start.
You couldn't make up the Rashford stuff. It is almost a parody at this point.

Who's anybody? The kit man? Southgate?

It's Cheslea's new guy anybody? Slott at Liverpool? What about Ange at Tottenham when he came in last season? Anybody?

We need to release we're not qualified to say who the next manager is and let the people who make the decisions appoint someone.
Out of the current ‘big six’

Pep - clear pedigree, big name before coming to the PL
Arteta - first management job
Postecoglu - shown to be a good manager and has won trophies, but first job in a top 5 league, would be classed as unproven here.
Enzo Maresca - to my knowledge not a big name or proven manager, I had to google how to spell Maresca.
Slot - similar profile to Ten Hag, though as far as I understand was at a club that had fewer resources than Ajax and didn’t hit Ten Hag’s heights in Holland.

When you look at it like this, it makes little sense to clamour for big, proven names. We say managers are a gamble, but if you have a strong leadership like we supposedly have, they should be able to spot the profile they want without them being a current top name.

This would be sack worthy form at any self respecting 'big club', not to mention in tandem with horrible league form, but alas...

This is a telling stat.

What are we actually doing here? We've become gluttons for punishment.

3 defeats in the next 3 is the most likely outcome. Maybe we can fluke something against Spurs given how poor they've been. Porto and Villa - definitely not.

This would be my prayers being answered.

In general. Not specifically refering to this game.

Saying in general is even more ludicrous, because I'd argue we've been worse at controlling games than we saw tonight. Tonight's performance was above average by our standards.

The writing is on the wall, he defo should be doing better with this squad. Garnacho should be his first choice every week, he makes things happen. At the moment he's getting it all wrong for me.

It’s going to be a long and miserable season isn’t it.

Aye. But you should have known that the moment he wasn't sacked last season after the FA Cup final. Keeping him meant pretty much not giving a feck about this season, after the dross he served up last.

Last edited:
I saw some Italian reports linking us to Inzaghi last week. Article said something along the lines of INEOS having no belief in Ten Hag and Inzaghi being intrigued by the possibility of managing in the Prem

He’ll definitely be gone if that happens.

I’m going to buck the trend and I think the players will rally now and we’ll go on a little run.

Tonight was gash but it wasn’t as bad as many as making out, a draw at home versus a bog standard team is shit but whatever if we progress, EL is judged on getting through and then knock outs. I’d say it was just a bit of a dull game if I’m honest, should have won but shocking for their goal from a number of players.

At least he's got a goal in him. He's also a form player who had 3 in 3 up until tonight.

Would have been more effective keeping him on than introducing Mount or Hojlund.
Ye I don’t think dropping Rashford at palace helped at all. Why drop an inform player. He’ll probably lose confidence again now

SAF couldn’t crack it at the beginning here too but the club trusted the great man, there’s nothing to suggest ETH can’t follow the same path, too many are overrating and missing the bigger picture.
You've really seen nothing so far that might make you think he's not going to emulate SAF?

Here we are again faced with the sorry tale of a manager holding on for a payout. Can’t blame him but I hope we get the recruitment for the next manager spot on for once.

Totally terrible tactics! Time to tentatively try to trial Tommy Tuchel

Do any of you Ten Hag out brigade actually know anything about football? Ok sack him, but tell me who would you get instead? My granny with a stick of rhubarb would do a better job, but who is out there, right now, that we can bring in? Literally anyone is better, so I’m going to pointlessly insist you give me one name.

You’ve had two whole seasons to watch and evaluate all the decisions he’s taken and if you can’t see that he needs his own players then you’re literally not watching. He’s had rubbish players forced upon him, we all know that for a fact. If you don’t, you’re an idiot.

We’re not a sacking club, we kept SAF around for years. It’s the same for ten hag, regardless of two years of evidence, he just needs time. I’m not going to tell you how much time, could be two years, could be two decades - but I will repeat myself until I’m blue in the face, he needs time!

Also, anyone who disagrees with me is an idiot and really annoying.

Same old rubbish. Sick and tired of it. He should've been booted out last season. Hopefully the board realise their mistake soon. This squad should be capable of competing in the CL, but we're being made to look like some mediocre Europa league minnows thanks to the inept manager. Anyone defending him is on the wind up, because no one is genuinely stupid enough to think he's good enough

I would take Big Sam at this point if we stick with ETH until Christmas we will need him to get us out of relegation

I don’t think it will be that easy. We may gain some momentum and get into 6th by Xmas. Touching distance to top 4.

Club has too many clueless fans - people were writing letters with thousands of signatures demanding he stayed. Incredible pressure on new owners and potential new appointment. Though I do agree they should have been decisive and not buckled to said pressure.

Remember when Fergie left and his parting words were "give the new guy time"? Some people just really can't let that go, to the detriment of the club.

I'm convinced had that picture of Fergie and ETH having a meal together, not happened few more people would have been calling for time on his tenure.

But it is what it is.

Spurs at home, Porto and Villa away in the next 3.

Could easily see us losing all 3.

Nah we'll probably win one with an uninspiring performance and call it a come back. He has even more luck then OGS. Somehow manages to pull off a few results here and there just enough to keep him in a job.