Erik ten Hag | 2024/25

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

• and crack

Results are only viewable after voting.
So the eye test completely agrees with the stats posted, but you’re still throwing a tantrum that the stats were referenced.

Right.
Tantrum? The stats and shite I see posted on these forums are embarrassing and indicative of the social media culture we now live in. You see random tweets from some kid in his basement being used a gospel with no foundation, and stats that are isolated and meaningless being used to drive home narratives.

Naive as fk.

He'll absolutely be gone by Christmas barring a drastic change in fortunes.

Absolutely. Ineos have essentially demanded the bar be raised with their 2028 projections. Holding on to Ten Hag beyond Christmas if results don't improve would be sending the wrong message and raise serious concerns about their ability to steer the club onto the path of success. The top 6 are already running away from us.

“Heh, we won two cups so are the best team after City, heh.”

:lol::lol::lol:

I see Everton have just managed to beat Palace, while Brighton haven’t managed to win a game since beating us.

I wonder what mental gymnastics the ETH defence league will come up with to defend that one.

57 league games since the Carabao Cup win over Newcastle and we have a GD of +1. Let that sink in.

XG, injuries, Shaw & Martinez, process, two trophies, heh, etc etc

The excuses for this guy. The standards he’s sunk this club to are unforgivable.

Maresca has Chelsea playing some lovely stuff, second in the league with a positive goal difference and getting performances out of Sancho. All within several games.

57 league games since the Carabao Cup win over Newcastle and we have a GD of +1. Let that sink in.

It's crazy isn't it? All we've heard is "at least we aren't Chelsea". They get a decent manager and look what happens.

But no, not us. Let's stick with a manager who will keep us firmly mid to low table, playing some awful football.

It's crazy isn't it? All we've heard is "at least we aren't Chelsea". They get a decent manager and look what happens.

But no, not us. Let's stick with a manager who will keep us firmly mid to low table, playing some awful football.
Yup. Chelsea are so much better than us and are flourishing under Maresca.

I have no idea if Maresca will be good enough for Chelsea in the long run but at least they’re entertaining and score goals against Premier League teams and crucially it didn’t take them long to see a style of play come through.

I just want to have fun watching United again and not be on the verge of a stroke or a brain aneurysm watching us most of the time under ETH.

Tantrum? The stats and shite I see posted on these forums are embarrassing and indicative of the social media culture we now live in. You see random tweets from some kid in his basement being used a gospel with no foundation, and stats that are isolated and meaningless being used to drive home narratives.

Naive as fk.

Try addressing what’s actually being debated here instead of going on weirdly angry rants about kids in basements.

The stats originally referenced in this conversation were from a BBC article entitled “From ‘Fergie time’ to ‘Ten Hag time’”.

The BBC seem to have noticed something you, me, and many other people here have also noticed: that we give up winning positions and concede late goals a lot under Ten Hag. Whether you use or value any stats as part of this conversation or not, this seems to be a reoccurring issue under Ten Hag’s management, and therefore a reasonable topic of conversation when discussing him, does it not?

If you accept it’s an issue under Ten Hag, as you seem to have, I’m not sure why you also tried deflecting by saying it was just because we were shite. Because we were also shite under lots of other post-Fergie managers, yet we did not seem as susceptible to conceding late winners.

Chelsea just beat Brighton 4-2 and Palace just lost to Everton (and are the only team to play 6 games and have just 3 points. They look like genuine relegation contenders right now). Even if some of our performances have been decent, it really needs to be emphasised more how easy our opening fixtures have been, and our results are awful. We need to see massive improvement in the next 3 games against Spurs, Porto and Villa.

Todays results are just another indication of how poor we’ve been this season. Surely, even the 20%’ers must be seeing the light now?
You see there are VG Ole backers still on here, so there will be a % of hopers on here.

Chelsea getting their act together mounts the pressure even more. Liverpool still going well, Arsenal and City naturally still miles ahead.

This match against Tottenham is a timely one.

Both sides are flailing badly. If we lose tomorrow, I think it's as good as over for Ten Hag, even if the trigger isn't pulled directly after that game.

Chelsea getting their act together mounts the pressure even more. Liverpool still going well, Arsenal and City naturally still miles ahead.

Both sides are flailing badly. If we lose tomorrow, I think it's as good as over for Ten Hag, even if the trigger isn't pulled directly after that game.

I think we'll probably win. Both sides are absolutely shite but the home advantage may sway it for us.

Last season it was ange and Spurs now it's Pizza Pep and Chelsea.

I agree with the sentiment that our manager is on his last chance saloon but can we stop assuming clubs have their act together when they're still in a honeymoon period with a new coach? We make this mistake time after time after time.

Bottom of the table Everton beat Crystal Palace who we couldnt even score against and Chelsea thrash Brighton who we lost to, we really have been awful so far.

I think we'll probably win. Both sides are absolutely shite but the home advantage may sway it for us.
I honestly doubt we will. Our defending looks worse at home than away and that may be due to the players trying to be more aggressive from the front. Tottenham are just the kind of team we lose to ( team that plays well in batches, and can press really high and are underperforming coming into the game). I won't be surprised if Vicario turns into prime Lev Yashin and Solanke finally plays well gor his new club under the lights of the "Theatre of Dreams"

At least 4 points in the next two matches or he must be sacked!!!........otherwise we have no chance to get CL football next season.

And knowing Houdini hag, he'll probably get 4 points against spurs then Porto, then end up losing against villa, putting us exactly nowhere. But he'll manage to survive again.

Our league form in 2024, out of a possible 69points we got 36points.

For the amount he's spent on players it doesn't seem a good return, and am losing hope he's the one to resolve it

Premier League Record

• Matches - 81
  • Wins - 43
  • Draws - 13
  • Losses - 25
  • Goals For - 120
  • Goals Against - 106
  • Manager of the month: 3

Definition of midtable manager?
Dragging a consistent top 4 club down to midtable suggests he's worse than than that.

Top 4 already looks out of sight this season while a team who just took a manager from the championship look well on their way to it.

Yeah, as others have said Palace result doesn't look great after they lost at Everton and as Brighton lost at Chelsea.

Maresca doing well at Chelsea so far and it doesn't help ten Hag's case. Same for Slot who's had a good start.

Spurs, Porto and Villa could all end up in defeats (possibly in wins as well). Big 7 days coming up for ten Hag starting tomorrow. 7 points out of possible 15 so far in league is not good enough but beat Spurs and Villa and it looks much better. Drop points against both and we're even further away from top 4 and surely he's in real danger.

Last edited:
Yeah, as others have said Palace result doesn't look great after they lose at Everton and as Brighton lose at Chelsea.

Maresca doing well at Chelsea so far and it doesn't help ten Hag's case. Same for Slot who's had a good start.

Spurs, Porto and Villa could all end up in defeats (possibly in wins as well). Big 7 days coming up for ten Hag starting tomorrow. 7 points out of possible 15 so far in league is not good enough but beat Spurs and Villa and it looks much better. Drop points against both and we're even further away from top 4 and surely he's in real danger.
Well as someone who has been saying we've deserved more from our previous games this season, I'd say if he fails to win all of them, he should be relieved of his duties. At some point he has to start combining performances with results and consistently too.

Yeah, as others have said Palace result doesn't look great after they lost at Everton and as Brighton lost at Chelsea.

I think his sacking is closer than most think. If he drops any points from the spurs or villa game he’s done. We can’t afford to drop any more points so early in the season and throw away the rest of the season.

It was always a terrible result despite how some tried to dress it up. There's a reason they're 17th with 4 points after 6 games.
Yup. It was a honking result. We should have beaten them by at least two goals.
Yeah we'll win, and he'll suddenly be proclaimed genius and there's nothing but good times ahead.
Highly unlikely.

I think his sacking is closer than most think. If he drops any points from the spurs or villa game he’s done. We can’t afford to drop any more points so early in the season and throw away the rest of the season.
Hopefully it’s a non issue but if we drop points tomorrow, he won’t be sacked.

Chelsea just beat Brighton 4-2 and Palace just lost to Everton (and are the only team to play 6 games and have just 3 points. They look like genuine relegation contenders right now). Even if some of our performances have been decent, it really needs to be emphasised more how easy our opening fixtures have been, and our results are awful. We need to see massive improvement in the next 3 games against Spurs, Porto and Villa.

The thing is I don't think we'll see any improvement. I've been waiting for things to click, so to speak.
However at this stage I think this is it. There is no click to look forward to.
Boring stodgy football with an attack as sharp as a sideways banana.
It's not happening under Ten Hag.

Moments FC we most definitely are and I don't see it changing under TH.

The thing is I don't think we'll see any improvement. I've been waiting for things to click, so to speak.

Yup. I unfortunately can’t see any improvement happening either.

I thought we would beat Spurs tbh. Spurs have looked poor for a long time and we needed the win more. The performance against Twente made me a bit more nervous though. Never felt good about the Villa game and tbh I suspect that will probably be ETH's last game.

I thought we would beat Spurs tbh. Spurs have looked poor for a long time and we needed the win more. The performance against Twente made me a bit more nervous though. Never felt good about the Villa game and tbh I suspect that will probably be ETH's last game.
I can’t see us beating Spurs. If I were a betting man I’d put money on them. I will be pleasantly surprised if we win tomorrow.

It was always a terrible result. The fact that so many tried to spin it into anything other than a terrible result because ‘we played well for 45 minutes’ was hilarious. And it’s always the same suspects too.

I agree with the sentiment that our manager is on his last chance saloon but can we stop assuming clubs have their act together when they're still in a honeymoon period with a new coach? We make this mistake time after time after time.

And last season Ange finished ahead of ETH just like ‘pizza pep’ (and various other managers) are on course to do this season.

You're forgetting Slot over at Liverpool. Honey period or not, these clubs have continued to play better football than United. Spurs still play better football and have even this season despite beginning poorly. Chelsea played better football under Pochettino and continue to do so this season under Maresca

Last edited: