Erik ten Hag | 2024/25

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

• and crack

Results are only viewable after voting.
I will be short; ETH is sh.it. His tactics are sh.it. His ingame management is sh.it His personality is sh.it. I hate this team. I miss Ole. Thats all.

He'll be gone before Christmas maybe by the end of November. From the decisions he makes and the set up and tactics he keeps using I can't see how he's going to get us to where we need to be.

I feel that he's not capable of adapting from game to game, his substitutions are sometimes mind boggling and no matter what team he puts out we still look like any half decent side can open us up with ease.

Last edited:
Same old rubbish. Sick and tired of it. He should've been booted out last season. Hopefully the board realise their mistake soon. This squad should be capable of competing in the CL, but we're being made to look like some mediocre Europa league minnows thanks to the inept manager. Anyone defending him is on the wind up, because no one is genuinely stupid enough to think he's good enough
Calm down. We shouldn’t call people defending him stupid. Again, we are inclusive of all opinions here, no matter how insane they may seem. 21.4% of people on the Caf are not stupid.

He can't manage to make us an attacking threat. The midfield and attack have no cohesion a lot of the time and the forwards are inconsistent. Even at 1-0 I didn't really feel like we were going to score again.

To be honest, I think the next interim manager will initially do well when the inevitable happens (new manager bounce) but the goals will be a problem the whole season unless Hojlund suddenly gets really good.

Calm down. We shouldn’t call people defending him stupid. Again, we are inclusive of all opinions here, no matter how insane they may seem. 21.4% of people on the Caf are not stupid.

Regardless of whether people are “stupid” or not, it’s astonishing 21% of people voting on this want to keep him. Standards have fallen so far.

Out of the current ‘big six’

Pep - clear pedigree, big name before coming to the PL
Arteta - first management job
Postecoglu - shown to be a good manager and has won trophies, but first job in a top 5 league, would be classed as unproven here.
Enzo Maresca - to my knowledge not a big name or proven manager, I had to google how to spell Maresca.
Slot - similar profile to Ten Hag, though as far as I understand was at a club that had fewer resources than Ajax and didn’t hit Ten Hag’s heights in Holland.

When you look at it like this, it makes little sense to clamour for big, proven names. We say managers are a gamble, but if you have a strong leadership like we supposedly have, they should be able to spot the profile they want without them being a current top name.
My stance is this, you bring someone in, even if you're not super sure about them, you give them a chance. If it's clear it's going tits up then you fire them. That could be 8 months in, it could be 2 years it could be 5, but as soon as it looks rocky, fire them and bring someone else in.

There's absolutely no point going out and getting the 'best in class' structure if you're still going to treat the manager like he runs the entire club.

What will be done eventually must be done immediately. Sack him and ride with Ruud until seasons end so we can organize a long term option along the way.

What will be done eventually must be done immediately. Sack him and ride with Ruud until seasons end so we can organize a long term option along the way.

Exactly. This nightmare has to end. Even if Ruud struggles everyone will understand what we’re dealing with and we may just find that Ruud know his shit.

My stance is this, you bring someone in, even if you're not super sure about them, you give them a chance. If it's clear it's going tits up then you fire them. That could be 8 months in, it could be 2 years it could be 5, but as soon as it looks rocky, fire them and bring someone else in.

There's absolutely no point going out and getting the 'best in class' structure if you're still going to treat the manager like he runs the entire club.
Exactly, the structure is in place to make the difficult, sometimes even unpopular decisions. There is no need to stick to Ten Hag for any longer than is necessary. If they hire someone that fits their profile but it doesn’t work, sack him too, that’s modern football.

Isn't the first time we have had a shite manager in recent years, but I sturggle to even warm towards him on a personal level.

He always has an excuse for why the latest feck up isnt his fault and even after a win he often finds ways to piss me off when he gives an interview

LVG was also fecking dreadful, but atleast he did that funny fall on the side of the pitch

This is his 3rd season.

There's some progress, but as of now, we're still in terms of performance, not just points, behind City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Villa, and Chelsea. This team doesn't finish above any of them. We're not making it into the CL unless something drastically changes. We're generally boring and very poor going forward during his entire reign at the club.

I really really wanted him to succeed, I don't think he will.

Like Nostradamus?
That I am a City fan, Liverpool Fan :lol:

Let ETH stay till the kingdom comes, so that some of these fans can use their brains.

ETH can not win 28-30 league games in a season. He has shown that frequently but some fans expect him to turn into Pep specimen. The guy cant win 10 games on the bounce. Just 10. What about 50 games a season.

ETH is the Bruno Fernandes of coaches. Seems like he's doing something but ultimately he's not that good enough. Few stats= few cup trophies here and there and their fans will make a meal out of it.

ETH is a Europa League coach by standard.

SAF couldn’t crack it at the beginning here too but the club trusted the great man, there’s nothing to suggest ETH can’t follow the same path, too many are overrating and missing the bigger picture.
Go to sleep. Long night for you.

Why shouldn't we use the word stupid? The word exists for a reason. Flat earthers are stupid. People who think ghosts are real are stupid. And thinking Ten Hag should remain United manager is stupid. It goes against all sense and reason.

Yeah this has been my point since day 1, and it’s one of the main issues I have with United fans. “Back the manager” is the dumbest fecking saying I’ve ever heard, yet it’s how so many treat every manager we have here.

If someone shows that he’s incompetent and not up for it, just get rid of him. We aren’t doing ourselves any favor by showing loyalty and unwavering support. In fact quite the opposite. Everyone loves to laugh at Chelsea and their propensity for sacking managers, but the hard truth is they’ve been a more successful club than us over the past 15 years while chopping and changing ruthlessly. Bayern as well have no issues moving on from a manager even if it’s off the back of a single poor season.

But we have feckers sending in pleading letters to keep the guy that guided us to an all timer bad league and European campaign because he fluked a cup run.

Regardless of whether people are “stupid” or not, it’s astonishing 21% of people voting on this want to keep him. Standards have fallen so far.

Some of them will be voting against sacking purely because they don't rate the options available. If there was a Pep-tier manager available and keen to join that figure would be even lower.

Think it's just a matter of when rather than if he goes.

And regardless of when he goes, I have pretty low expectations for this season anyway. So I'm more interested in who the next permanent manager would be than what we do with ETH at any point this season.

Keep him, sack him now, sack him later, whatever. Just don't do so at the cost of screwing up the first INEOS-era appointment.

I don't think anyone is defending him anymore, are they? Some will always back the manager, which is fair enough - but feel like we are now at the stage most of us want the manager out.

Some of them will be voting against sacking purely because they don't rate the options available. If there was a Pep-tier manager available and keen to join that figure would be even lower.
We don't need a Pep-tier manager to improve. ETH is currently Moyes-tier bad, he can be improved upon fairly easily.

They are still in the honeymoon phase where fans are falling over each to praise Ratcliffe and Ineos everytime they blow their nose, but keeping Ten Hag based on one cup upset was such a massive feck up it makes me doubt their entire vision

I will be short; ETH is sh.it. His tactics are sh.it. His ingame management is sh.it His personality is sh.it. I hate this team. I miss Ole. Thats all.
If you miss Ole, there's something wrong, I'm sorry.
He was sacked at the right time and was deserved. You can argue he wasn't backed but lost games badly against teams we should have beaten. He didn't have much support left.

Nah we'll probably win one with an uninspiring performance and call it a come back. He has even more luck then OGS. Somehow manages to pull off a few results here and there just enough to keep him in a job.
The good old days when OGS was rumored to be close to dismissal and Conte was waiting on the sidelines, so OGS went full Conte with 352 and beat Spurs 3-0 away. :lol:

I really wish more fans would get to grips with the fact that we've failed miserably as a club for over a decade, not because of some kind of curse or poor structure. We've failed because we've somehow managed to hire five successive managers who are either out of their depth or over the hill. ETH is in the out of his depth category.

This and worst of all, refused to get rid of them until they've completely and utterly sank the ship. Clubs hire wrong managers all the fecking time - nobody else refuses to move on until the last fecking moment.

Each of our last 5 managers could've been sacked at least 3x in each of their tenures. But we've refused to do it.

We're just a bit shit with him in charge. Shit to watch, no creativity on the ball and obsessing over trying to play some deep build up possession shit where our center backs keep the ball most of the time and ignore the basics of football. It's just not enjoyable to watch.

At least it's better than last season and we aren't a gaping hole for the opposition to get chance after chance. But generally Ten Hags just not it.

Exactly. This nightmare has to end. Even if Ruud struggles everyone will understand what we’re dealing with and we may just find that Ruud know his shit.

This, and the fact that Ruud has managed PSV and been a Holland and United assistant. More importantly, he understands the DNA and ethos of the club and his PSV side finished with a +66 goal difference.

If you miss Ole, there's something wrong, I'm sorry.
He was sacked at the right time and was deserved. You can argue he wasn't backed but lost games badly against teams we should have beaten. He didn't have much support left.
I do agree that his last days was bad. But before that i always had the belief that we could beat anyone. With ETH its just sad.

Think it's just a matter of when rather than if he goes.

And regardless of when he goes, I have pretty low expectations for this season anyway. So I'm more interested in who the next permanent manager would be than what we do with ETH at any point this season.

Keep him, sack him now, sack him later, whatever. Just don't do so at the cost of screwing up the first INEOS-era appointment.

Pretty much this. I'm actually a lot more optimistic about this club than I was a year ago.
We've got people running the club that seem invested, we're building a solid team behind the scenes, and they're looking to invest in the club's infrastructure. Even our approach to transfers seems to have improved.

And for as much as I dislike Ten Hag managing us, I can at least take comfort in it being his last season. I was going to say 'probably', but let's face it, Ineos weren't overly keen on him in the first place, and I doubt he's going to do enough this season to justify the decision to keep him. It's a question of when rather than if at this point.

This, and the fact that Ruud has managed PSV and been a Holland and United assistant. More importantly, he understands the DNA and ethos of the club and his PSV side finished with a +66 goal difference.
We're doing United DNA again? Ace.

The biggest factor of success in football management is time. Given enough time to implement their ideas, all managers will be successful

I don’t know how to link tweets, but Ten Hag reportedly said:
“It is not only the team, I have to look in the mirror as well. I am part of it. We have to be more clinical in such situations.”
At least he is taking some accountability.