Erik ten Hag | 2024/25

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

• and crack

Results are only viewable after voting.
The only pleasure I can take personally is he surely cannot last until December as I feel we are just going to go from bad to worse over the next 10 games or so. I’m also not a believer in keeping someone just because apparently there is no one better out there. Well there certainly can’t be many fecking worse either, thats for sure!

I was already sure we are not getting top 4 or winning the Europa prior to season so I can’t be too upset but just seeing him managing us for over two years now, just really boils my piss!

Find it tough to blame the manager when our results are down to Individual mistakes by our players, which are highlighted massively by the fact our attackers can’t finish.

Attackers that he has bought and continues to select.
Individual mistakes that happen every bloody game, by players he persists with.

If your system needs your strikers to be super clinical to compensate for a lack of creativity, and you give away numerous chances every match from possession turnovers that leave your defence outnumbered, then it's probably a shit system.

Ineos made a huge mistake. No doubt about that. If you want to replace someone, it’s over.

Club has too many clueless fans - people were writing letters with thousands of signatures demanding he stayed. Incredible pressure on new owners and potential new appointment. Though I do agree they should have been decisive and not buckled to said pressure.

You're just showing yourself as a desperate supporter of the manager, or someone who is purposefully being obtuse and a bit thick. You've already been told why it was silly by other posters who have replied to you, but you've ignored them.
Watch it mate. There is a flat earth policy here. We listen to all theories and opinions with equal respect, there are no bad ideas.

Ten Hag was clearly playing to get the point. A decent result, given the circumstances.

But apparently he told Garnacho to "Defend. Defend. Defend". Though we conceded instantly of course.
Yeah take what Hargreaves said with a bucket of salt. He said Garnacho wanted to attack and Ten Hag reminded him to defend too. What Hargreaves interprets form that is that he just wanted him to defend and not attack which goes against what Ten Hag is suggesting in his post match.

I feel like it's coming to a bit of a logger head now.

3rd season, some elements look better and others still the same. We look slightly better going forward compared to last year but no finishing edge. Results are average at best.

Spurs/Porto/Villa next games. That Spurs game gonna be crucial, for once we need both a performance and a result.
If you get a manager who can motivate the team, we might get some results. With ETH, just forget it. Worst manager in the last 10 years.

SAF couldn’t crack it at the beginning here too but the club trusted the great man, there’s nothing to suggest ETH can’t follow the same path, too many are overrating and missing the bigger picture.

Tbf if he makes it work, we've cracked the managerial code. Next time we just hire a 16 year old apprentice and wait for him to come good.

Talent/Ability is clearly not a thing when it comes to managing football clubs. Time is all it takes.

Mind your tone. Desperate is a right word to describe your post when you've just been called out for not knowing what the sub was for.
I'll ask again, is taking one attacker off for another attacker cowardly?

I would understand if Rashford was taken off for a pragmatic switch like a DM. But Mount came on in the Zirkzee role, Hojlund came on to be a striker, Garnacho moved to Rashfords role (and was just as good on the left) and Mainoo came on for Eriksen.

This has feck all to do with the manager, what a bizarre point. I didn't like our performance today, but I'm not going to make shit up and claim subbing one attacker for another attacker is cowardly. I'd rather stick to accurate criticism which isn't too hard to find.

Of course his subs were cowardly. Like for like subs when it's 1-1 against fecking Twente at home. He is not only deluded and overwhelmed but also a huge coward.

Putting Bruno on the right was also brain dead.

Club has too many clueless fans - people were writing letters with thousands of signatures demanding he stayed. Incredible pressure on new owners and potential new appointment. Though I do agree they should have been decisive and not buckled to said pressure.

I don't think the owners gave a flying feck given they literally interviewed candidates.

Find it tough to blame the manager when our results are down to Individual mistakes by our players, which are highlighted massively by the fact our attackers can’t finish.
This is fundamentally wrong. Look at the build up to their goal prior to the mistake by Eriksen and how easily they went through the entire team directly from a goal kick - as Karen Carney pointed out that is a system issue

1 win in our last 9 European games.

-1 goal difference in the league last year and 0 so far this year.

We can talk about not "killing teams", but it happens constantly. You can bang on about "control" as well, but we consistently show a complete lack of control in games.

Our games are either decided by a goal (as our goal difference suggests), or we get done by a big team.

These are long term trends now, not a case of bad luck.

I'm honestly surprised he keeps picking Bruno despite so many disaster class performances. You don't even need to be a manager to see how bad Bruno is/has been. How is he not seeing that? It's appalling.
I really hope his time at the club is coming to an end, and I trust the higher-ups are paying attention if they have any real ambition for the club. We haven't excelled in any area under him, and I’ve lost confidence in our ability to compete with any team. It’s tough to look forward to big games because we all know what’s likely to happen.
This is the same manager that kept starting Rashford after a whole season and a half of consistently terrible performances. He finally decided to drop him after he had two good games in a row for the first time in what feels like forever. It was probably the one game where most fans would have actually wanted him to start.

Zirkzee didn’t play as a false nine? The other players weren’t playing off him as one, he was playing upfront. Mount didn’t take up his spaces, we had a box midfield with Dalot, Ugarte deep and Eriksen/Bruno, then Mount/Mainoo. Rashford came off which meant Garnacho switched sides, Hojlund replaced Zirkzee and Amad was replaced by Bruno positionally. Hojlunds touches were largely, if not entirely, outside of the box with his back to goal, same as Zirkzee.
Zirkzee was a false 9. He was not a target man or an out and out center froward. He would drop deeper or in wider pockets and interlink. Mount literally took up the same spaces.

Hojlund didnt replace Zirkzee in the same mould - he is a target man and there was a 2 up top at times when they were penned in, with Mount being a second striker.

SAF couldn’t crack it at the beginning here too but the club trusted the great man, there’s nothing to suggest ETH can’t follow the same path, too many are overrating and missing the bigger picture.
Come on !!! this is is pisstake, a wind-up , if you really believe then then FFS , you have not been watching the same football I have

He's right in his assessment, but we didn't really look like getting the second, the entire team was outrageously careless with the ball and we kept giving it back to them with low percentage passes. Eriksen's lapse was awful, but it was a continuation (and in fairness quite an escalation) of a theme that started from the start of the half.

I would go so far and say it started from the start of the game. Remember that big chance twente had because Dalot was too careless with the ball. The tempo was slow through the whole game and yet we still gave the ball away numerous times. So many basic passes went straight to the opponent.

Honestly the goal in the first half masked how poor we played.

Give him the entire season. INEOS need to learn a valuable lesson about how a fool and his money are easily parted. The learnings from this mess need to go deep so it never happens again.

Did you notice that they ran through our entire team before Eriksen lost the ball?
Ignore them. It's the new easy excuse that they have. 'Player mistakes'. Seemingly, we are the only team that concedes goals because of player mistakes and not because of our tactical set-up.

7 played: 3 wins, 2 draws, 2 defeats.

Our opposition has been: Fulham (H), Brighton (A), Liverpool (H), Southampton (A), Barnsley (H), Palace (A), Twente (H).

Absolutely shocking.

He had to hit the ground running this season after the utter fecking shambles of last year.

And instead of doing that, look at how we've actually started. 3 wins in the opening 8 games, if you include the community shield. Take the Barnsley game out of it and it's 7 goals in 7 games. The usual shite.

It's at the point now where unless it's lower league opposition at home I genuinely don't trust us to beat anyone.

I don't think the owners gave a flying feck given they literally interviewed candidates.

That means very little - and I believe you're wrong if you don't think it was a factor. I mean, reports around the time came out outright stating Ineos were aware of a groundswell of support among fans for Ten Hag. It was evidently a consideration.

Give him the entire season. INEOS need to learn a valuable lesson about how a fool and his money are easily parted. The learnings from this mess need to go deep so it never happens again.

Pure masochism. Watching that guy a single more game on our sideline is already too much

1 win in our last 9 European games.

-1 goal difference in the league last year and 0 so far this year.

We can talk about not "killing teams", but it happens constantly. You can bang on about "control" as well, but we consistently show a complete lack of control in games.

Our games are either decided by a goal (as our goal difference suggests), or we get done by a big team.

These are long term trends now, not a case of bad lack.
Exactly, saying we aren’t killing teams is something I expect from us lot on here, or a pundit sat in their comfy chair, not the manager of Manchester United. It’s happened for multiple seasons now, and every time we lose he makes comments lamenting what we have done wrong, but seemingly making few changes to fix persistent problems.

You are either a Manchester United fan, thus you want him gone, or you are an Erik ten Hag fan, and should follow him to his next club. But you cannot be a supporter of this club and also want this manager to stay. It just doesn't work like that. It's like wanting the Glazers to stay. Going nowhere under both.

That's really all there is to it.

Yup. I agree with that.

Yup and for that reason, I think we should stick with him. I think the fans deserve to see this one out.

If I was INEOS, I'd let him see it out and then just make the fans pay for the lost revenue in future ticket prices.

7 played: 3 wins, 2 draws, 2 defeats.

Our opposition has been: Fulham (H), Brighton (A), Liverpool (H), Southampton (A), Barnsley (H), Palace (A), Twente (H).

Absolutely shocking.

Not sure why people are surprised or shocked. It's just a continuation of what we've largely seen for a year and a half before.

Funny enough Slot and Marseca instantly had their sides coached quite specifically and clicking. The cope of it needing "time" was always fecking stupid, you can see pretty quickly the effects of quality coaching on players and structure. It doesn't take 600 million being spent on every position in the squad to determine whether a coach is good enough or not.

sack him keep him , I have no idea.
Sack him , who do we get, I dont agree its a case of sack and replace with anybody, sacking will not solve anything.
What I do know is that I am sick of watching this shite.
Who's anybody? The kit man? Southgate?

It's Cheslea's new guy anybody? Slott at Liverpool? What about Ange at Tottenham when he came in last season? Anybody?

We need to realise we're not qualified to say who the next manager is and let the people who make the decisions appoint someone.

Last edited:
Zirkzee was a false 9. He was not a target man or an out and out center froward. He would drop deeper or in wider pockets and interlink. Mount literally took up the same spaces.

Hojlund didnt replace Zirkzee in the same mould - he is a target man and there was a 2 up top at times when they were penned in, with Mount being a second striker.
I don’t think your interpretation will be how most people see it, but fair enough.