Erik ten Hag | 2024/25

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

• and crack

Results are only viewable after voting.
Who would you hire then? Bearing in mind that we'd probably have to send most of the new coaches we've just signed packing as well. You'd also have to back the next guy for a time, and might miss out on someone more suitable.

I genuinely want to see something different at this point, but there isn't a Klopp or a Pep to bring in right now.

Backing managers for a time (too much time) is how we've found ourselves in this predicament.

Can't disagree with this, we looked the better team at half time and the talk at the time was how we were going to finish them off. We have only our selves to blame.

Mount played in the Zirkzee role.
No, Zirkzee played centre forward and was replaced by Hojlund, our other centre forward. Do you think Hojlund played on the wing, or Zirkzee wasn’t playing upfront or something?

SAF couldn’t crack it at the beginning here too but the club trusted the great man, there’s nothing to suggest ETH can’t follow the same path, too many are overrating and missing the bigger picture.

Aye, some reports seem to indicate that Tuchel rejected us. It's clear INEOS will pull the trigger relatively soon. I would guess Ruud will be interim for a period of time after that.

Ineos made a huge mistake. No doubt about that. If you want to replace someone, it’s over.

I feel like it's coming to a bit of a logger head now.

3rd season, some elements look better and others still the same. We look slightly better going forward compared to last year but no finishing edge. Results are average at best.

Spurs/Porto/Villa next games. That Spurs game gonna be crucial, for once we need both a performance and a result.

No, Zirkzee played centre forward and was replaced by Hojlund, our other centre forward. Do you think Hojlund played on the wing, or Zirkzee wasn’t playing upfront or something?
Zirkzee was a false 9, with a dual 10 in Bruno and Eriksen.
After the switch Hojlund and Mount were close centrally, with Ugarte and Mainoo as a 2 behind. There were a few balls fizzed into Mount who was sitting in or on the edge of the box, the exact positions Zirkzee had taken up. A couple hit nicely by Dalot and one missed from Ugarte.

Bruno was out right, Garnacho left, who was quite good there might I add. So I don't think we had some sort of less effective outlet on the left when Rashford was taken off.

His diehard fans creamed themselves after beating Southampton and a League 1 side.
The rest of us knew it was just another of his many false dawns.

Please just sack this incompetent clown already.

Mind your tone. Desperate is a right word to describe your post when you've just been called out for not knowing what the sub was for.
I'll ask again, is taking one attacker off for another attacker cowardly?

I would understand if Rashford was taken off for a pragmatic switch like a DM. But Mount came on in the Zirkzee role, Hojlund came on to be a striker, Garnacho moved to Rashfords role (and was just as good on the left) and Mainoo came on for Eriksen.

This has feck all to do with the manager, what a bizarre point. I didn't like our performance today, but I'm not going to make shit up and claim subbing one attacker for another attacker is cowardly. I'd rather stick to accurate criticism which isn't too hard to find.

How has it got nothing to do with the manager :lol:

Find it tough to blame the manager when our results are down to Individual mistakes by our players, which are highlighted massively by the fact our attackers can’t finish.

7 played: 3 wins, 2 draws, 2 defeats.

Our opposition has been: Fulham (H), Brighton (A), Liverpool (H), Southampton (A), Barnsley (H), Palace (A), Twente (H).

Absolutely shocking.

A lot of posters were saying that as a reason for keeping him in the summer. The reality is unless we get Guardiola, Klopp or a couple of others (none of whom will join) then whoever we get in next will be a gamble, Ten Hag was a gamble given he'd only managed in a relatively weak league.

The club backed him in the summer after some uncertainty so I think he has time to try and make that first hour at Palace more of the norm but I hope the club are keeping him because they see something to believe in rather than waiting for some shiny new manager to prove themselves as definitively good enough (at which point they would have better options anyway than joining an upper midtable team).

Yeah, the next manager might be another gamble. But surely that's a preferable approach than sticking with the previous gamble that has failed.

I am ETH out and have been for a while but I do think extending his contract, bringing in a host of new players to then sack him after 5 PL games...I don't know, it just doesn't feel right. It wouldn't be the decision to sack him but the timing of it. Just get rid in the summer rather than giving him another chance with very little time.

wins against Fulham, Southampton and Barnsley - with the Fulham one being a fluke. Alarm bells should be going off

SAF couldn’t crack it at the beginning here too but the club trusted the great man, there’s nothing to suggest ETH can’t follow the same path, too many are overrating and missing the bigger picture.

Is there anything to suggest he can?

How has it got nothing to do with the manager :lol:
My opinion is taking an attacker off for another attacker is not cowardly.

This is irrespective of whether it's Ten Hag, Ancelotti, Klopp, Tuchel or fecking Southgate managing us. It's not rocket science.

Wait a couple of days and there'll be revisionism about the performance - "it was actually a great performance", "we were just unlucky", "we created more chances/xG than the opposition" and "results don't actually matter" from his supporters.

Find it tough to blame the manager when our results are down to Individual mistakes by our players, which are highlighted massively by the fact our attackers can’t finish.

Every match shouldn't be on a knife edge, its all fine margins. He's hired to make us better, and he's failing to do so.

There were once again bad finishing, barely anything created and errors leading to goals, but he selects the team, and his decisions are quite honestly bizarre at times.

Can't disagree with this, we looked the better team at half time and the talk at the time was how we were going to finish them off. We have only our selves to blame.

He's right in his assessment, but we didn't really look like getting the second, the entire team was outrageously careless with the ball and we kept giving it back to them with low percentage passes. Eriksen's lapse was awful, but it was a continuation (and in fairness quite an escalation) of a theme that started from the start of the half.

It will never end for the EtH fans..always the excuse
last season it was injuries. This season it's 'player mistakes' as if other teams don't have players making mistakes that lead to goals. In-fact, you could argue the majority of goals scored in football are due to players making some kind of mistake. It's such a ridiculous excuse.

Nah, apparently we're the only team where individual mistakes lead to goals being conceded.

I know it's very early in the season, but De Zerbi is seemingly off to a bit of a flyer at Marseilles. What the hell happened there? He wanted too much money from us? Seems odd.

Zirkzee was a false 9, with a dual 10 in Bruno and Eriksen.
After the switch Hojlund and Mount were close centrally, with Ugarte and Mainoo as a 2 behind. There were a few balls fizzed into Mount who was sitting in or on the edge of the box, the exact positions Zirkzee had taken up. A couple hit nicely by Dalot and one missed from Ugarte.

Bruno was out right, Garnacho left, who was quite good there might I add. So I don't think we had some sort of less effective outlet on the left when Rashford was taken off.
Zirkzee didn’t play as a false nine? The other players weren’t playing off him as one, he was playing upfront. Mount didn’t take up his spaces, we had a box midfield with Dalot, Ugarte deep and Eriksen/Bruno, then Mount/Mainoo. Rashford came off which meant Garnacho switched sides, Hojlund replaced Zirkzee and Amad was replaced by Bruno positionally. Hojlunds touches were largely, if not entirely, outside of the box with his back to goal, same as Zirkzee.

My opinion is taking an attacker off for another attacker is not cowardly.

This is irrespective of whether it's Ten Hag, Ancelotti, Klopp, Tuchel or fecking Southgate managing us. It's not rocket science.

To be fair you thought Rashford coming off was an ok decision, which means you're never going to see it how others do, as he was easily one of the most dangerous players for us on the pitch, so taking him off was just strange. It instantly weakened us.