Erik ten Hag | 2024/25

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

• and crack

Results are only viewable after voting.
Disheartening watching the other PL games on a weekly basis and seeing just how far behind we are in terms of tactics or setup. Million miles away.

Chelsea have been a joke for 2 years and took a ‘risk’ on a relatively unknown manager and suddenly look like title challengers yet 3 years and and countless former players and millions spent and we just look like an expensively built Sunderland

Disheartening watching the other PL games on a weekly basis and seeing just how far behind we are in terms of tactics or setup. Million miles away.

Chelsea have been a joke for 2 years and took a ‘risk’ on a relatively unknown manager and suddenly look like title challengers yet 3 years and and countless former players and millions spent and we just look like an expensively built Sunderland

Very disheartening tbh. I hope I am wrong obviously, but I think this is going to be a horrible season.

Let's be real, a draw against Spurs at home would be hailed by a large portion of the fanbase as a positive result against a strong team and a potential turning point for our season.

Of course it would :rolleyes:

There's plenty to criticise recently without making up stupid statements like this.

Let's be real, a draw against Spurs at home would be hailed by a large portion of the fanbase as a positive result against a strong team and a potential turning point for our season.

Im not sure it would, newly promoted Leicester managed to get a draw at home to Spurs so the only acceptable outcome for us should be a win.

don't know why, but today really has shown that

Because you see teams with first year managers absolutely drilling average and poor sides, while our 3rd year manager talks about the "process" after going toe to toe against the same sides.

But hey our fanbase wrote a fecking petition to keep him and blamed the Glazers for why he was a shit manager.

Hey, there was no one out there that's an obvious upgrade on Ten Hag though!

Season is getting very serious very quickly.

There are no excuses; Chelsea, Newcastle and Villa are all either getting their act together or are actually flying and that's before we talk about the top of the table.

The season absolutely cannot be written off nor should it be acceptable to have the aforementioned leave us in the dust, especially Chelsea who were expected to have a worse time of it than we're seeing.

Huge pressure game tomorrow, outside of talk about styles and tactics. For now, points are everything to keep us in the pack.

don't know why, but today really has shown that

Because you see teams with first year managers absolutely drilling average and poor sides, while our 3rd year manager talks about the "process" after going toe to toe against the same sides.

But hey our fanbase wrote a fecking petition to keep him and blamed the Glazers for why he was a shit manager.

The more you watch other teams the more you realize how far behind we are.

It’s kind of crazy for me to think that I enjoyed watching us the most when Ole was at the wheel and I was desperate to see him leave towards the end of his United managerial career.

Our lack of progress since has been frightening.

And last season Ange finished ahead of ETH just like ‘pizza pep’ (and various other managers) are on course to do this season.
Its a first season honeymoon period. Tell me how ten hags first season went.

You're forgetting Slot over at Liverpool. Honey period or not, these clubs have continued to play better football than United. Spurs still play better football and have even this season despite beginning poorly. Chelsea played better football under Pochettino and continue to do so this season under Maresca
Ange is currently playing better football than we have this season? Nah, not for me. Wasn't great vs Brentford, wasn't good vs Arsenal. Skimmed it against an easier tie in Europe. Played a shit game vs Coventry.

Last edited:
Using your own logic, ETH’s first season must have just been a honeymoon period then.
Every manager has a honeymoon period. That's my point. It's included and not limited to United managers.

My point was just that we can't conclude Chelsea have sorted all their issues out.

Every manager has a honeymoon period. That's my point. It's included and not limited to United managers.

My point was just that we can't conclude Chelsea have sorted all their issues out.

But we definitely can conclude Ten Hag is not good enough and should be replaced.

What are reasons that he should be given more time? I dont see any
The simple reason is that a decision was made in summer to continue with him, and now the season has only started. I'm sure the new executives and DoF will assess his performance soberly in relation to the goals and expectations envisioned for this season, so it is not like he is safe whatever he does in the coming weeks. But it is still not really the time to make that judgement now.

We will win this tomorrow fairly easily…..a few goals, Ange moans after and we slowly progress until the next hiccup.

What are reasons that he should be given more time? I dont see any

Well so far from the Ten Hag in crowd we’ve seen “injuries, rebuild, squad not good enough, system needs to click, xg, there’s no other good managers, we just need to finish our chances, Chelsea haven’t sorted all their issues out”.

Yet to see any actual reasons rather than excuses yet though.

If Moyesie had one, it lasted 2 games.

Well so far from the Ten Hag in crowd we’ve seen “injuries, rebuild, squad not good enough, system needs to click, xg, there’s no other good managers, we just need to finish our chances, Chelsea haven’t sorted all their issues out”.

After 2 full seasons and spent so much money, this are only excuses indeed

The simple reason is that a decision was made in summer to continue with him, and now the season has only started. I'm sure the new executives and DoF will assess his performance soberly in relation to the goals and expectations envisioned for this season, so it is not like he is safe whatever he does in the coming weeks. But it is still not really the time to make that judgement now.
Once you are too far away from too 4 you wont make it. Another season without CL would be bad. So if he does jot win the next games he is out, irrespective how early in the season

Damn it. I forgot about the “Ineos almost sacked him but didn’t sack him therefore they backed him therefore they can’t sack him yet because it’s too early even though we’re in his third season so we have to wait till our season’s completely fecked, probably by Christmas” one.

I knew there was a key one I was missing.

You just can't predict how the Spurs game will go, we could just as easily win 2-0 than we could lose 0-4, the only guarantee is we won't score many goals and Ten Hag will get the subs wrong.

If it's a disaster tomorrow then Ten Hag is really on the rack this coming week.

It’s kind of crazy for me to think that I enjoyed watching us the most when Ole was at the wheel and I was desperate to see him leave towards the end of his United managerial career.

Our lack of progress since has been frightening.

There's a case to be made that we've actually regressed.

They are historical rivals after all, heh.

'Remember before, Manchester's historic rivals The Topspurs were always on top. After I come, 2 trophies in 2 years we are in the process. How many Topspurs win? None. Heh'

Well if you bucket every piece of context as just some excuse it becomes a pointless debate.

Well if you bucket every piece of context as just some excuse it becomes a pointless debate.

Ah yes, our manager is shit because of “context”. That’s a great new catch-all one to excuse our failures with.

The squad is young is the latest (it's not compared to others though).

Desperately needs a convincing performance and a win. Against a more attacking opponent, it's not impossible either. You just never know with this team and manager.

Ah yes, our manager is shit because of “context”. That’s a great new catch-all one to excuse our failures with.
You can't seem to post without constant hyperbole can you? It's like reading the script of an Indian TV seriel.