Erik ten Hag | 2024/25

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

• and crack

Results are only viewable after voting.
He did a good flip flap and a couple of good moments but outside of that he had a few misplaced passes and wasn't as direct as Garnacho was when he came on. He was by no means bad but taking him off for a center forward is hardly baffling.

I am more annoyed that Bruno wasn't hooked instead of Eriksen.

It was baffling, he was providing threat. We needed threat. It was sheepish and typical Ten Hag to take off an attacker. It was another cowardly move. Keeping Bruno on was ridiculous, but I think everyone is in agreement about that.

I can see a win against Brentford then draws/loses in the rest

Think we’re in trouble here and having a season written off in early October will be a disgrace

We virtually have a full squad and a strong bench there are no excuses

Been thinking it for weeks hoping I'm wrong. The last 3 games had positives but the opposition were poor. But I have a feeling we're in for another rough season.

You thought Ten Hag was right to sub him then yeah?
I certainly don't think it was daft. He wasn't outstanding and Hojlund coming on as a center forward wasn't exactly a backward move.
As I said I found it worse that Bruno wasn't hooked for Mainoo instead of Eriksen.

This would be sack worthy form at any self respecting 'big club', not to mention in tandem with horrible league form, but alas...

We are in an ongoing transition, when this rebuild will be complete no one can say. Certainly not Erik but I suspect it will last until we actually do something of note in the league under him or he gets the boot.
It will never end for the EtH fans..always the excuse

We're capable of a purple patch just as we're capable of beating villa, spurs, Porto. Change feck all though even if we do, he isn't good enough we need to get rid.

We'll hear the same bollocks from his fans and Dutch contingent though.

I genuinely think that we aren't even capable of a purple patch under this clown. Unless you count 2-1-0 against Soton, Barnsley and CP as a purple patch.

I can see a win against Brentford then draws/loses in the rest

Think we’re in trouble here and having a season written off in early October will be a disgrace

We virtually have a full squad and a strong bench there are no excuses
Brentford will out work us easily
He can’t motivate or coach this team one little bit

Guys not trying to be a prick but it isn't about the players. The last manager we had that could get a performance out of an attacking player was ole. These players can all play. We need a newamager so badly.

I'm honestly surprised he keeps picking Bruno despite so many disaster class performances. You don't even need to be a manager to see how bad Bruno is/has been. How is he not seeing that? It's appalling.
I really hope his time at the club is coming to an end, and I trust the higher-ups are paying attention if they have any real ambition for the club. We haven't excelled in any area under him, and I’ve lost confidence in our ability to compete with any team. It’s tough to look forward to big games because we all know what’s likely to happen.

I'm not sure getting rid now is the right thing to do as I honestly have no idea who there is to realistically replace him. But, as soon as that guy exists he should be gone.

Doesn't matter if at that exact moment we're in good form. He's not going to get us challenging again. He's a decent enough manager and was the right kind of appointment at the time, but this job has proven to be beyond him.

Ole/Jose all over again. Constantly coming back from the brink when we all know it's over. Then their luck inevitably run out.

Not even close, they were not allowed to finish 8th and still keep the job. There were some standards and minimum requirements at least, not like this guy.

Really just annoys me that failure of that level was not followed by a deserved sacking.

I certainly don't think it was daft. He wasn't outstanding and Hojlund coming on as a center forward wasn't exactly a backward move.
As I said I found it worse that Bruno wasn't hooked for Mainoo instead of Eriksen.
It wasn’t an attacking change though, he swapped Zirkzee for Hojlund, different profiles but a straight swap. I don’t know what you’ve said in other posts but the one I replied to said Rashford wasn’t very good which I don’t agree with, he was dangerous and put a few good balls in; he did as well as can be expected in this system.

I'm genuinley puzzled about the thinking behind his attacking subs most matches. He'll quite often bring an attacker on to replace someone and then 10 minutes later bring others on and reshuffle the attack including moving the player/s he just brought on earlier around.

Why not either bring them all on together or in the case of Garnacho tonight just being him on, on the left wing if that's where he's going to be playing in 10 minutes anyway.

Not even close, they were not allowed to finish 8th and still keep the job. There were some standards and minimum requirements at least, not like this guy.

Really just annoys me that failure of that level was not followed by a deserved sacking.

Well he quite clearly would have been sacked had we not been in the middle of a takeover. It was a complete anomaly.

Pretty much any marginal improvements from last season can be construed as "progress". When the bar is that low, raising it slightly isn't a hard task.

Yep, it would have been a fecking achievement in itself not to progress from last season we were so bad.

Those standards must be in the gutter if that performance can be described as 'pretty well'

We were played through quite often, and didn't hardly create shit.

Personally thought we were miles better against Palace. Today we went toe to toe in a tight game against *checks notes* FC Twente.

That’s an admirable level of delusion

This has to be expert trolling

Is this a joke post?

Then, you must hate football.
Well, trying a different approach. The “can’t believe anyone supports this guy” responses have been flagged for inappropriate comments, so it’s easier to be positive. Can’t blame Ten Hag for poor finishing. Or bad transfers. Or bad results. Or injuries. Or poor tactics.

Optimistic that we’ll get a point on the weekend and continue building momentum towards a mid table finish.

I'm not sure getting rid now is the right thing to do as I honestly have no idea who there is to realistically replace him. But, as soon as that guy exists he should be gone.

Doesn't matter if at that exact moment we're in good form. He's not going to get us challenging again. He's a decent enough manager and was the right kind of appointment at the time, but this job has proven to be beyond him.
Enough of this logic please.No more

There's a few of them at it now. Sad stuff and not remotely amusing.
I think we're at the point where it's just funny again now. Look at our next set of fixtures, you know exactly how it's going to go, we only tune in for the car crash now. Then you've got some posters limbering up before the full time whistle to come in here and talk about how we're progressing because we had more corners than we did last season. It's all one big laugh now.