Erik ten Hag | 2024/25

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
You can't seem to post without constant hyperbole can you? It's like reading the script of an Indian TV seriel.

Don’t worry - you’re not the only one here that struggles to identify sarcasm. It can afflict us all.

Don’t worry - you’re not the only one here that struggles to identify sarcasm. It can afflict us all.
I can sense sarcasm. It's clear you weren't being sarcastic, unless you wanted to defeat your own argument.

Ah yes, our manager is shit because of “context”. That’s a great new catch-all one to excuse our failures with.
I can sense sarcasm. It's clear you weren't being sarcastic, unless you wanted to defeat your own argument.

That’s very obviously sarcasm. I don’t actually think that “context” is a great new excuse for our failures under Ten Hag. I actually think it’s just another incredibly weak excuse in a very long line of weak excuses.

My other post listing the reasons to “keep Ten Hag” was definitely tongue in cheek, but was absolutely based on the very real parade of excuses that have been routinely trotted out by you and many others on these pages.

I think his sacking is closer than most think. If he drops any points from the spurs or villa game he’s done. We can’t afford to drop any more points so early in the season and throw away the rest of the season.

Any? I mean look if his job hinges on getting six points from two teams better than us, why bother? Just fire him now.

I think his sacking is closer than most think. If he drops any points from the spurs or villa game he’s done. We can’t afford to drop any more points so early in the season and throw away the rest of the season.

If we lose badly tomorrow, he could be gone.

That’s very obviously sarcasm. I don’t actually think that “context” is a great new excuse for our failures under Ten Hag. I actually think it’s just another incredibly weak excuse in a very long line of weak excuses.

My other post listing the reasons to “keep Ten Hag” was definitely tongue in cheek, but was absolutely based on the very real parade of excuses that have been routinely trotted out by you and many others on these pages.
Parade of excuses by me you say? Point out a recent example.

It's so obvious that yesterday's performance was very encouraging and we were good value for a lead if we just had our shooting boots on.

Parade of excuses by me you say? Point out a recent example.

I’d file this one under the “we just need to finish our chances” bracket.

If I went through your posting history last season, are you 100% confident I wouldn’t find some injury ones in there?

Last edited:
Obviously hoping we batter them but if we lose this game, he has to go Monday morning. If we lose and he's still there for the next game then I give up.

Damn it. I forgot about the “Ineos almost sacked him but didn’t sack him therefore they backed him therefore they can’t sack him yet because it’s too early even though we’re in his third season so we have to wait till our season’s completely fecked, probably by Christmas” one.

I knew there was a key one I was missing.

:lol: :lol:

Obviously hoping we batter them but if we lose this game, he has to go Monday morning. If we lose and he's still there for the next game then I give up.

Yup, this is where I am too. I voted sack, but deep down hope he can turn it around. But writing off the season before the end of september is unacceptable.

But we definitely can conclude Ten Hag is not good enough and should be replaced.
Some of these posters don’t understand that fans of these clubs don’t continue to hope their manager stays on despite being continuously underwhelming and poor for more than a season. These clubs know if the current one is not working, they move on to the next. Ours is the only club where fans talk about honeymoon periods of other managers while being blind to the shite being served up by ours for more than a year.

Yup, this is where I am too. I voted sack, but deep down hope he can turn it around. But writing off the season before the end of september is unacceptable.

Come on, deep down you know fans aren't simply writing off the season because of the poor start. It runs much much deeper than that. We should be well past this nonsense now. The second INEOS made the decision to keep on a manager who finished 8th, with a minus goal difference was a massive risk, and predictably hasn't paid off at all.