Erik ten Hag | 2024/25

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

• and crack

Results are only viewable after voting.
I enjoyed the performance tonight and will cut him a bit of slack as he tries to figure out a few things. Goals are a concern.

More points dropped thanks to his laughable game management. Can't wait for him to feck off.

Agreed. I had very low expectations going into the season because of this manager. Ineos need to act soon but I'm prepared to endure this mediocrity all season

That performance and result would have been acceptable in his first season here, maybe even his second.

3 seasons in and we're still getting results like this, performances like this.

It's just not good enough

To be honest we played good football and should have won. But the thing is 7 points from 5 games is unacceptable especially in his 3rd season. Must win against Spurs and Villa now.

Top managers would have gone balls out for the last 10-15 mins . Ten Hag was happy for Martinez and co to hold possession.
Fergie would have Højlund , Zirkcee , Eriksen and Mount on the field looking for a winner.he also would have pulled Bruno

Have a day off lads. Terrible finishing cost us more than his shite subs.
At the risk of boiling everyone’s piss again, it’s a ‘predictable’ result.

You can discuss the macro detail of our games, how unlucky we are, how we don’ score our chances, how we don’t defend well enough etc. At the end of the day, step back and ask yourself how the game will go and you’ll find it goes exactly the way you’d expect a Ten Hag game to go.

Smash shite teams, struggle against organised teams, get battered against good teams.

Any team with a modicum of quality and it's a struggle for us, for some reason. Southampton and Barnsley were really, really bad and we beat them. Palace were bad today but slightly more sound structurally and defensively, and suddenly we can't get the win again.

In my opinion we have a top 4 quality squad now, better depth in areas than other top teams in my opinion. Any manager with even a bit of nous about them will have this team doing well this season and I don't care what anyone says. The fact he's got so many players he wanted and had previously coached only sets the bar even higher in terms of what he should be achieving. Let's see what happens, but my mind was made up a long time ago as to what sort of level I believe he is as a coach.

To be honest we played good football and should have won. But the thing is 7 points from 5 games is unacceptable especially in his 3rd season. Must win against Spurs and Villa now.
There is next to no chance we're beating both Spurs and Villa. Europa is our route to both Champions League qualification and silverware this season, we can write off a good league season.

There is next to no chance we're beating both Spurs and Villa. Europa is our route to both Champions League qualification and silverware this season, we can write off a good league season.

We're writing off yet another season. It's actually incredible in my mind, but it's happening before our eyes again.

Todays result was frustrating and while its still early days INEOS trust in Ten Hag is starting to show. We have seen glimpses of what this new and improved United team can do in the last few matches and results will follow the performances.
Since when is a three year stint early days? He’ll be here 10 years and people will be saying “we can’t judge him yet! We’ve just changed the wallpaper in the dressing room, he needs more time!”

I enjoyed the performance tonight and will cut him a bit of slack as he tries to figure out a few things. Goals are a concern.
This pretty much sums my thoughts up as well.

Thought we looked like a proper big team in the first half. High up the pitch, forcing Palace to make errors, was very compact almost all game, created enough chances to get the lead at a difficult away site.

We have a young attacking line with Bruno behind them who isn't helping them a lot today. They need time, or we need to find someone who can bring some sharpness to end the attacks.

Chelsea BTW who we spend all the time laughing at finished above him last season, sacked their manager and the new guy has 10 points from 5 games with a +6 GD

For three seasons now he's been backed in the transfer market, we've spent incredible amounts of money, he has top class training facilities at his disposal, backed with all the coach recruits that he could possibly want, and after all that we somehow still have folk acting like a draw against Palace is a good thing because we had a lot of chances.

He's coming to the end of his time here if this continues, surely. It doesn't seem like he knows how to fix our problems, and that's not including the ones that he causes with his frequently maddening subs.

Not sure how I can deflect in response to a post by you not aimed at me, are you sure you know the meaning of the word?

You made a comment saying he has to produce results, in a Palace thread after the Palace game. Do I need to iterate my point any further?

You don’t need to be @‘d in a post to deflect, which you did - since you skirted a simple, reasonable, question and tried to frame it as “EtH bashing because of the Palace game“. Do you know what bashing is?

If you’re not going to answer the initial post, please leave it alone - I have no interest in these exercises otherwise

We play like today we’ll beat both

Sometimes I question if you lot know anything at all about football outside of video games, YouTube, and the shite you read on social media that you all lap up as gospel.

I’d rather a 0-0 where we play like that vs. scraping some dog shit 1-0 where we play poorly. At least we’re moving in the right direction and not letting undeserved results paper over the cracks.
I'd happily take a dog shit 1-0 if the plan was to play dog shit all along. At least that'd mean we are good at executing a clear, albeit boring plan.

The realists that thought ten hag had to go after the fa cup are being proved right. We are watching another season being thrown away. City will be 8 points clear of us if they win tomorrow with only 5 games played.
The realists both fans and owners who believed Ten Hag should stay after the FA Cup are being proven right. There are clear signs of improvement and if we continue to play like we did today we wil win 9 out of 10 games. You are wrong about Ten Hag and you are wrong about Onana.

I think the one benefit of keeping him and missing out on top 4, would be that it's quite easy for INEOS to raise ticket prices next season and make the fans pay for their choice they made this summer.

Season ticket prices have been untouchable for most of the last decade, with a marginal 5% increase last summer. We'll need to make up for the lost revenue next season, especially if there's any CL clauses in our sponsor contracts. That'll be good for the clubs financial health long term, if the ticket prices are restored back in-line with inflation during the 11 year freeze.

The realists both fans and owners who believed Ten Hag should stay after the FA Cup are being proven right. There are clear signs of improvement and if we continue to play like we did today we wil win 9 out of 10 games. You are wrong about Ten Hag and you are wrong about Onana.
There is absolutely no signs of improvements. Our results are exactly the same as last season except now we pass the ball better for some of the game.

You don’t need to be @‘d in a post to deflect, which you did - since you skirted a simple, reasonable, question and tried to frame it as “EtH bashing because of the Palace game“. Do you know what bashing is?

If you’re not going to answer the initial post, please leave it alone - I have no interest in these exercises otherwise

Quite telling that you asked me to adress your 'bashing' concern then completely ignore the part of my reply where I did. I think this debate is clearly over, have a good night sir.

Saw this coming after beating a team not good enough for the PL and a bad League One team. People really need to take into account the opposition before getting carried away.
Tbf, if a couple of the earlier attacks had resulted in goals instead of pinging off the cross bar or something, we could've had a similar result again. Fine margins in that sense.

The bigger problem for me was that the overall intensity seemed to drop too soon. Not to mention having to carry Bruno.

Why? We squandered a load of chances and could have lost the game at the end. Play like that and we could lose both games.

It's hilarious. Palace had the two biggest sitters in the whole game. By far.

No one saying anything about that, just piping on about our numerous half chances in the first half still.

We play like today we’ll beat both

Not when “playing like today” means finishing zero chances, making non-sensical second half subs and then failing to control or chase the game for the last thirty minutes.

Stop using this excuse. He isn't Arteta. You wanted previous United Managed axed, stop being a hypocrite.
I wanted a previous United manager axed when the players gave up on him and he went the longest in PL history in not winning silverware for our club.

Wanting a previous manager out doesn't make me a hypocrite what sort of a narrative is that anyway?

And good rebuttal, that. "stop using this excuse" appears to be another way of admitting progress can be seen outside of just results in isolation but you don't seem to want to acknowledge it.

Tbf, if a couple of the earlier attacks had resulted in goals instead of pinging off the cross bar or something, we could've had a similar result again. Fine margins in that sense.

The bigger problem for me was that the overall intensity seemed to drop too soon. Not to mention having to carry Bruno.
You don’t get that kind of capitulation against a PL side, no one is going to roll over for us when they know they just have to stay in the game to have a good chance of beating us.

The intensity is a massive issue, it’s almost like it’s not sustainable for 90 minutes, which is valid.

I don't want to be negative while we're on a decent run, but not starting Rashford feels like a man management misstep today.

I spent much of last season and the early part of this, calling for him to be dropped - but he's always been a streaky performer and when he's on a roll he should be left to it. His runs of confidence always feel fragile and if he goes back into his shell now it will be very frustrating after watching the freedom he played with on Tuesday.

Hopefully he comes on after 60 minutes and bags a brace to make me look like a dick.

I'm quoting this because I wrote it before the game so it isn't me being captain hindsight.

This was just basic, obvious bad man management. It just proves he doesn't understand his players or how to make them tick. I was Ten Hag in last year and through the summer, but this is the sort of error I wouldn't expect from amateur managers in my local shipping leagues in Cork, and it's an error not one other manager in any of Europes top 5 would make.

This 4-2-3-1 doesn't work. But I guess he can't play another formation. There must be some other way to field this squad? It just feels off every game.

It's hilarious. Palace had the two biggest sitters in the whole game. By far.

No one saying anything about that, just piping on about our numerous half chances in the first half still.
Onana made a world class save and Eze? Missed an absolute sitter from 5 yards out. I know we missed a bunch of chances and made their keeper work but it was all routine, no one did anything that ‘deserved’ a goal if that makes sense. Could have gone either way in the end but I was almost certain we’d be going home with nothing in the last 10 minutes.

Quite telling that you asked me to adress your 'bashing' concern then completely ignore the part of my reply where I did. I think this debate is clearly over, have a good night sir.

Because evidently you don’t know what bashing is. And it was never a debate since again - you replied to a post, but instead of answering it you tried to reframe it. Good night