Erik ten Hag | 2024/25

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

• and crack

Results are only viewable after voting.
First 45 were fantastic and we were extremely unlucky not to be beyond the horizon, but that last 30 mins was soul destroying. No bravery to try and win it
That cowardice to not want to lose was so evident in the players and that is coming down from the manager. Fergie would have absolutely lost it had this been under his watch. You can clearly see the last 20 mins how the game drifted off into a draw, yet the manager made no change to impact us positively. No messages to get the tempo up again. He was happy with the draw and to continue being in a job despite being absolutely woeful for the large part.
Hopefully Ashworth can see through this bs and give him the boot soon.

I'm not sure what he's done wrong today. I think we're playing much better so far this season compared to last. Hopefully the results will come.

Our fans are weird when it comes to managers. Different user names but with Jose, Ole and ETH we've had fanatics who were convinced they were doing a good job.

The thing with the ones prior is that there was a bare minimum that was at least required to stay in the job. Top 4 was the minimum, and when they failed that and form started dropping, we made the right call to sack.

Now, it really feels like we are believing based on delusion. All this talk about luck, we were actually lucky to finish 8th last season, now even that seems to have abandoned us.

He never really throws an extra forward on or takes a gamble when chasing a game. It’s always like for like. We ended the game with arguably a more defensive lineup than the one we started with.

We were not unlucky today.
Bad finishing has nothing to do with "unlucky".

We will not get a CL place if this problem doesn't improve soon.
We will not finish ahead of Man City, Liverpool and Arsenal.
And Chelsea, Tottenham or Aston Villa would have won this match.

Their cut back chance was by far the biggest to score

Eze should have scored, I think he put one cut back straight at the keeper and one wide. They should have scored where Onana made the double save. No point in people exclaiming we could have scored as a positive because we could have conceded 3 easily.

It was 0-0, 2 points dropped.

The team played well for 60 minutes but his subs were bad. He kept moving the players too much and lost the team all shape.

He will be sacked sometime in the first half of the season.

He’s such a negative manager. The players weren’t pushing for a winner tonight and that’s on him. Imagine Fergie accepting 0-0 after showing such dominance. He’s a disaster of a United manager in as much as he’s just too negative. Total mid table manager.

He never really throws an extra forward on or takes a gamble when chasing a game. It’s always like for like. We ended the game with arguably a more defensive lineup than the one we started with.
Very good point, considering it was one of Fergies main moves as well.

As he said it's better to risk it and go for 3 points every time.

7 points in 5 games is not improvement!
I literally said the results haven't improved. Our performances have.
Palace have stunk this season, you’ve talked them up before the match, but you’re talking about the team of last season, they’re a totally different beast at the moment.
I talked them up because at Selhurst they are very difficult to beat. They are slowly adapting to new players and they have it in them to pick up results against big teams. They tend to be game raisers and picked up a draw at Stamford Bridge not long ago.

At this point I think he has to be trolling.
Either that or you didn't read the post properly.

“Deserving to win” counts for nothing in this league. You’re also ignoring the fact that Palace could have easily scored a couple in the second half.

Long term it counts for a lot, as there's only so long you can go getting undeserved results.

Palace could easily have scored a couple, we could easily have scored over double that. Had we finished our numerous chances, this game would have been simple, which again brings us back to the complaints being about our poor finishing rather than the manager or the setup.

He’s such a negative manager. The players weren’t pushing for a winner tonight and that’s on him. Imagine Fergie accepting 0-0 after showing such dominance. He’s a disaster of a United manager in as much as he’s just too negative. Total mid table manager.
Yeah this didn’t sit right with me at all and is the biggest negative of the lot. The mentality was depressingly small time.

“Deserving to win” counts for nothing in this league. You’re also ignoring the fact that Palace could have easily scored a couple in the second half.
When you dominate and create more than the opponent it tends to be a leading indicator of where things will go in the season. Play like this in our next few games and there's a much better chance of us being in a good place, as long as we have our finishing boots.

I'm not even necessarily ten Hag in, but holy feck these posts are embarrassing and brainless. He got it right today and we should've won comfortably. Some absolutely moronic comments in here
He got his first sub so wrong that he ended up nullifying us completely as a threat. Palace had the best chances after 60 mins and we were completely toothless. Not a coincidence that it happened after he made his change.

I'd give that to De Ligt's free header from a few yards out, as do the xG shot maps I've seen.

No way :lol: you are lying to yourself if you think that was easier to convert than Eze pretty much having all time in the world to choose the corner to put the ball in.

Look im not a huge fan either but 17 big chances missed this season... we are showing actual progress but we're still crying so much.

No way :lol: you are lying to yourself of you think that was easier to convert that Eze pretty much having all time in the world to choose the corner to put the ball in.
Bruno was closer to the edge of the box but had the entire goal to aim at when he fecked it and hit it wide. I didn't properly see Garnacho hit the bar but that looked a superb chance. As did his one in the first half where he was pretty through on goal.

While watching the game against Southampton, I was telling a friend, the fact we rely on Eriksen to do what he does is ETH downfall.
I feel among all the signings the Mount deal was the worst, he really got it wrong then, that's were he suppose to go get a younger Eriksen and that's what I expected that summer.
We'll never be a proper team unless we have a deep lying player who is composed, intelligent with passing range in his pump.

Long term it counts for a lot, as there's only so long you can go getting undeserved results.

Palace could easily have scored a couple, we could easily have scored over double that. Had we finished our numerous chances, this game would have been simple, which again brings us back to the complaints being about our poor finishing rather than the manager or the setup.

Yeah our finishing was poor I agree. The first half performance and approach was much better from Ten Hag. But the second half also showed why we should move on from him. 0-0 in the 60th minute, him and his team seemed happy to play for a draw.

This is the problem with Ten Hag. For every good thing he does, he cancels it out with a bad thing. He's not taking us anywhere we need to go.

Bruno was closer to the edge of the box but had the entire goal to aim at when he fecked it and hit it wide. I didn't properly see Garnacho hit the bar but that looked a superb chance. As did his one in the first half where he was pretty through on goal.

Bruno was bad but that wasn't easy to take he actually did ok in that instance. Eze just fecked his chance up completely

Results have not been great but in the general the football has been better in these 5 games than any 5 game run you could pick out from last season. That isn't saying much, last year was so astonishingly inept it is not much of an achievement, but we have seen a slight improvement.

While watching the game against Southampton, I was telling a friend, the fact we rely on Eriksen to do what he does is ETH downfall.
I feel among all the signings the Mount deal was the worst, he really got it wrong then, that's were he suppose to go get a younger Eriksen and that's what I expected that summer.
We'll never be a proper team unless we have a deep lying player who is composed, intelligent with passing range in his pump.
Absolutely the right take which is why I was really in favour of signing Rabiot who would have been a short term fix but would have got us into the top 4.

This peeved me off far more than the actual result.

Can’t imagine any of the top teams or managers settling for a draw against a struggling bottom half side like Palace, especially after dominating for much of the match.

ETH might’ve won a cup here or there and may continue to do so once in a while, but I can’t see him elevating our level and winning any of the big trophies we used to go for.

Results have not been great but in the general the football has been better in these 5 games than any 5 game run you could pick out from last season. That isn't saying much, last year was so astonishingly inept it is not much of an achievement, but we have seen a slight improvement.

I mean that still shouldn't be close to good enough though.

We do look a lot better than last season but last season was disgracefully poor. I still don't think we're very good, we're just better than rock bottom. 3rd season in charge, it should be much better than this.

I'm not sure what he's done wrong today. I think we're playing much better so far this season compared to last. Hopefully the results will come.

That's it, isn't it? The first half really showed a well drilled team with great tactics and patterns so the team is getting there. It also helps with the addition of the new players. That's what we should be aiming for: signing players who fit the bill.

That and the Antony deal.

If only we had a better team above him then. Mount is a signing you make when you already have all the pieces to the puzzle.

Bruno was bad but that wasn't easy to take he actually did ok in that instance. Eze just fecked his chance up completely
I think it was a very good chance. Bread and butter for a player like him. And garnacho had brilliant chances too. De Ligt had a very good chance too to be fair.

I was shocked by that - I couldn’t believe we weren’t sending it forward with urgency in injury time. Are we really now satisfied with a point away at Palace? God above
He should have been sacked in the summer
Look at the teams around us in the bottom half

Why take off Zirkzee and Amad? I know it’s easy to say in hindsight, but we lost all shape after the substitutions. I’d understand Amad for Rashford, but taking two attackers off when we’ve looked relatively good? Subs aren’t there for managers to throw shite at the wall and see if it sticks; they’re for addressing injuries first and foremost. Secondly, when a manager sees a clear tactical advantage, only then should they start shifting things around. His subs changed the whole dynamic of the team, and I don’t believe ten Hag is that flexible of a tactician to impose two seemingly different styles of attacking play—which is what we essentially witnessed. We were fairly decent until he messed it up—albeit with poor finishing.