Erik ten Hag | 2024/25

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

• and crack

Results are only viewable after voting.
Do we though? We’re making silly little errors. We was by far the better team first half. Our pressing as improved from last season. We had some good spells of keeping possession. Plus only 1 of his new signings his starting
We were so good we went in 1-0 down at half time.

Brighton were not the better side.. in most cases in recent times they have! You can't push the blame on EtH for how the game ended.. same as you can't blame Zirkzee for sliding in..

The problem is the manager will get the flack and next Sundays game has just become important 3rd game in, lose that at home then , your getting the getting sacked in the morning chants.. .. don't want those after 3rd game in..

Playing with two false 9s might be effective against top teams but its not successful against mid level opponents. Just two games into the season and ten Hag is already under immense pressure and fighting to keep his job.

United look like a very poorly coached team. Particularly defensively. Ten Hag has proven himself to be incapable of success here so it’s time to go. And waiting until December or January is not the answer, club ownership needs to act decisively.
Incapable of success after 2 trophies in 2 consecutive years for the first time in 10 years. Alright mate. Give it time ffs.

When watching other clubs, the contrast in how other 'top 6' sides attack and play in comparison is something
Just the speed that they move the ball is night and day with us.

Its angering watching Spurs play after us.

I think there is practically no chance of him being the manager next season. I do like him in general, I really can't see what we are trying to do. We won't get CL this season in my opinion. Once we don't he is gone.
The only way we get CL is if the Europa League is our trophy for this season.

He is a dead man walking and that has been clear for everyone except for a large base of the fans who still think that every new manager is the next Ferguson and will succeed if he gets 25 new players and a minimum of five years at the job.

Under Ten Hag, we've constantly been found lacking concentration until the end of games and it's seemed more frequent than I remembered it under previous managers. This stat from Opta seems to suggest that it might not have been an illusion....

Quite obvious he now has to back his summer signings. Start Zirkzee and De Ligt. No more faffing about with Maguire and Bruno in a false 9 role.

Rashford should not be given a guaranteed position either. He has been woeful for a long while now. Garnacho CLEARLY is the better player and has been our biggest goal threat. Against the dippers we could have Mount, Bruno, Casemiro and Mainoo behind Zirkzee and Garnacho. Play the ones who are most in form.

We should not be fielding the same underachieving lineups as last season if at all possible.

It's very hard to have any sort of discussion on Ten Hag. Some posters have made their mind up and want him gone despite seeing some good things in our opening fixtures.

We've seen an improvement on performances from last season. Our pressing is much better and we're creating chances from winning possession high up the pitch. We're solid in midfield and generally when we force the opposition to go wide our fullbacks win their duels.

We're now competent when last season we were anything but. Next challenge is to start putting score board pressure on the opposition. We did enough to put three goals on Fulham and on Brighton.

I don't know if he'll remain long term as I'm not sure our high pressing tactics are sustainable, especially if we're wasteful in front of goal. But based on our performances, I'm more hopeful of a decent season than I was last year.

He needs to be pushing for a striker this week, it's glaring, we're handicapped from the start when you don't have a striker on the pitch.

If we'd started with Welbeck, and left Bruno or Mount on the bench, then we'd most likely have won today, which is a bit sad really.

Incapable of success after 2 trophies in 2 consecutive years for the first time in 10 years. Alright mate. Give it time ffs.
A poxy League cup and a FA cup should not be the definition of success for a club like United. Standards are so low these days.

He at least has us playing in a more solid formation this season and I didn’t think the performance was bad today. Will be interesting to see where Brighton end up at the end of the season though, as I didn’t think they looked as well structured as under Potter/De Zerbi.

He’s going to need performances against Liverpool, Southampton and Palace, as those are tricky fixtures.

Maybe it´s time to reinforce the squad before the market closes? What about De Jong? Barcelona is in a great need of selling and probably would be a good signing for United, ex-boy under Ten Haag command, they know each other well. Food for thought.

He is a dead man walking and that has been clear for everyone except for a large base of the fans who still think that every new manager is the next Ferguson and will succeed if he gets 25 new players and a minimum of five years at the job.

It's a weird attachment. I just want United to do well. Nobody comes before the club, nobody is bigger than the club. I just want us to be successful. A manager is just a piece of the puzzle for me, aside from SAF in my lifetime I genuinely haven't gotten attached to any of them to any serious degree. Many fans on this forum treat managers like they're royalty, no matter how bad it gets.

Maybe it´s time to reinforce the squad before the market closes? What about De Jong? Barcelona is in a great need of selling and probably would be a good signing for United, ex-boy under Ten Haag command, they know each other well. Food for thought.
Here comes Ten Hag's alt

Under Ten Hag, we've constantly been found lacking concentration until the end of games and it's seemed more frequent than I remembered it under previous managers. This stat from Opta seems to suggest that it might not have been an illusion....

Insane statistic

That said, the "steel man" counterargument is that injury time nowadays is longer than ever thanks to VAR, so naturally there will be more opportunities to score and concede.

Last edited:
I wonder who the moany bedwetters in here will blame if we sack Ten Hag and it doesn't immediately start raining titles. The weather?
It's a weird attachment. I just want United to do well. Nobody comes before the club, nobody is bigger than the club. I just want us to be successful. A manager is just a piece of the puzzle for me, aside from SAF in my lifetime I genuinely haven't gotten attached to any of them to any serious degree. Many fans on this forum treat managers like they're royalty, no matter how bad it gets.
Oh, in that case.

The anti fergie

I can’t believe that between 1992 and 2022, we only lost two games in the league from the 90th minute onward. Was it really that low? Which games were they?

Well done, Eric. After spending 400 + million he kinda has us playing OK-ish football...i guess.
Sure we still lack the composure to knock the ball around consistently, still have gaps in midfield and are lacking in any form of attacking threat and fluency but, y'know, he's doing a terrific job.

Can’t be hoping to edge games by a single goal. Brighton weren’t that good, a top 4 club puts them away comfortably but we never do that. He’s not getting this league.

Did we not concede the same type of goals last season when we played TWO RB in the team? We played Dalot on the left and so he was not used to defending as a LB on set pieces. This is why he was at the right back position. This is the risk of playing people out of position. It has literally cost us the game even if he has played well the rest of the game. Like ETH said, small details make big difference in the PL.

A lot of y’all and the fan base in general went crazy over the FA cup win and will come back down to reality very quickly. ETH football philosophy is dated and that is why the team is regularly found lacking.

I made a point about this with his Ajax team and how they lost to Spurs. It might be one of his weak spots, but then again, how do you train this?

Coffee?

I can’t believe that between 1992 and 2022, we only lost two games in the league from the 90th minute onward. Was it really that low? Which games were they?
The Blackburn game at the end of 2011 with the Grant Hanley winner has to be one of them

Edit: nope 80th minute apparently

I tried no to be frustrated by his shortcomings when we had inept owners, but at this point it’s hard not to be baffled - solid structure, plenty of money, capable squad and yet we stick with this dud. Painful

It's sad how a lot of people clearly don't understand that it's possible to lose a game without it necessarily being the manager's fault.

Hundreds of millions isn't his fault, he wasn't in charge of negotiating.

The fees involved was Arnold and the Glazers

The level of investment always plays a role in expectations of a manager. The fact that Ten Hag is the first one to see these goalposts move really does shine a light on the fact that he can do no wrong to his cult followers.

It's sad how a lot of people clearly don't understand that it's possible to lose a game without it necessarily being the manager's fault.
Are you arguing the manager has zero blame for today's loss?

Regardless, the vast majority of criticism is not aimed at this match in isolation, but as part of a broader, years-long trend.

Those who joked he’d be out by October even after the stay of execution following the cup final, may not be far wrong. If he loses at home to our biggest rivals next week, we then have two tricky away games which could go either way at present. By half time back at home to Spurs, it may already be untenable.

Very negative I know, but I’m not alone. Those sat around me against Fulham were all saying the same and were equally despondent with our overall play, before the late winner.

There’s nowhere to hide this year. It’s do or die for Ten Hag, and it’s not started strongly.

We were better today at times, but a lot of the negatives are the same old same. It’s early days in the season, I just want to see more to make me believe that Ten Hag is learning things. The progress is just so slow.

A lot of y’all and the fan base in general went crazy over the FA cup win and will come back down to reality very quickly. ETH football philosophy is dated and that is why the team is regularly found lacking.
We are destined to play dinosaur football for some reason