Erik ten Hag | 2024/25

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

• and crack

Results are only viewable after voting.
Under Ten Hag, we've constantly been found lacking concentration until the end of games and it's seemed more frequent than I remembered it under previous managers. This stat from Opta seems to suggest that it might not have been an illusion....

Our midfield loses steam by 80 min so this stat isn’t surprising

If the 2nd goal is down to coaching and not individual mistakes then surely it is the new set piece coach that is to blame?

Dalot was the first player closing the ball down after the corner, who was supposed to cover his position?
He was over that side due to the set piece. No idea why but at that point he has to engage the player on the ball. I doubt we had a plan for who covers for him as we'd changed half our team by that point. We were knackered late in the game and this is part of what happens when you play a right back at left back, change the system etc.

ETH's in game management concerns me constantly. If we do start with a plan it seems to disappear quickly

We weren't unlucky. Not speaking to you specifically but we must realise the path we're going down here, becoming this echo chamber of ''unlucky, Brighton underserved'' posts. It's exactly what we used to mock the RAWK forums for back in the day. Brighton could have actually been 2-3-0 up at one point, hitting the crossbar, and their stats trump ours in nearly every metric. The second half started poorly and wasn't a good performance at all. Are you just going to say ''it happens'' if we continue to produce this for the next month?
Yes we were. We would've (deservedly) been 2-1 up if not for a freak offside. And we were at the wrong side of several other close offside calls.

And I don't really give a shit what you used to mock RAWK for tbh.

That's also my take.

also, for some reason, I felt much more negatively about Rangnick and Ole strictly as a manager. (Mourinho too but I despise him, so that's another level).
ETH doesn't elicit the same anger in me, though results and style wise, he 'should'.

Maybe it's just defiance on my end.

crappy times.
It's because standards have eroded so much now.
We came 8th but because we won a cup people decided it was a freak injury hit season.

When we come 6th or 7th this year there will be other reasons found

Yes we were. We would've (deservedly) been 2-1 up if not for a freak offside. And we were at the wrong side of several other close offside calls.

And I don't really give a shit what you used to mock RAWK for tbh.

Well then continue to be a parody for Liverpool fans to come here and laugh their asses off. We were unlucky for the entirety of last season too. Including finishing bottom in our CL group. All just bad luck, and everyone out to get us.

That's also my take.

also, for some reason, I felt much more negatively about Rangnick and Ole strictly as a manager. (Mourinho too but I despise him, so that's another level).
ETH doesn't elicit the same anger in me, though results and style wise, he 'should'.

crappy times.

Interesting. For me it's only Moyes and on some days Van Gaal that angered me more

Well then continue to be a parody for Liverpool fans to come here and laugh their asses off. We were unlucky for the entirety of last season too. Including finishing bottom in our CL group. All just bad luck, and everyone out to get us.
How awful :(

Who gives a shit about Liverpool fans?

I don’t understand why we still don’t make many chances. The final pass or decision is so fecking poor. We still don’t create anywhere near enough.

Why do they run out of steam, is it the amount of work they have to try and put in, not fit enough or the forwards and defence not helping them out at times.
A bit of both, Mainoo is not someone who can finish 90 min right now and Casemiro also struggles. It will be a disaster if we go into season with these 2 our option for 2 positions and only Ugarte

It's because standards have eroded so much now.
We came 8th but because we won a cup people decided it was a freak injury hit season.

When we come 6th or 7th this year there will be other reasons found
Last season is going to be used as the benchmark now, so the excuse will be "we've improved since last season"

That's also my take.

crappy times.

It's quite the opposite for me. I will disregard Rangnick as he was just a temporary appointment. Even though it was clear things were going to end badly with Ole, I still liked him because of the attachment to him as a player. Similarly with Mourinho, the signs were there that things were going to go badly, but I always liked Mourinho for the entirety of his career, and only really started disliking him when he started melting down here, with the football heritage speech and all that stuff.

With ETH, he's been here for three years and there's just been nothing for me to feel positive about with him. The way he sets us up doesn't fill me with any joy or excitement. Off the field he's not particularly likeable either. For me he just has nothing going for him.

We created lots of chances against Fulham but couldn't convert, what are you even watching? :wenger:

And mentioning pre-season games is just hilarious. :lol:

Caf is gonna Caf.

And another defeat.

But yeah, bury your head in the sand.

Caf is gonna caf afterall.

*Insert Wenger smiley here*

We look better than last season. Saying that, it is low bar and this is his 3rd season. Even if we earned a draw today (which we did) he simply has to start dominating teams which are midtable or relegation fodder. Draws, scrappy wins, etc, just isn't enough considering how long he is here.

I actually look forward to Liverpool match. It will be much better indicator where we are heading as a team this season.

I see people getting eaten alive in the Ugarte thread for saying they would prefer a midfielder who can offer a bit more control of games and get their foot on the ball and dictate the tempo with their passing.

The argument is "Well clearly Ten Hag doesn't want to do that". Not wanting to control games when that is basically a pre requisite to consistently winning football matches is insane to me.

Yep.

2 years in and I couldn't mention of a part of his gameplan that seems likely to be the cornerstone of a really top team. Best case scenario it is a poorer version of Klopps Liverpool, but even he understood the need for periods of control and rest.

Build a style based on creating chaos over control and you are inevitably going to get erratic performances and results, have the perception of being unlucky, with the added benefit of burning your players out as everything is based on intensity.

Yes, yes, we were just unlucky.
We always are when we lose. We must be the unluckiest team since the invention of football. Every loss is unlucky. If we had luck and would win our games, we would win the league. Give ETH another 20 years i would say.

Honestly nobody cares about these things.

We were incredible unlucky last season, adding that to poor performance and that concluded as bad season as we had. So we were unlucky today to not win, as we had great goals ruled off. The performance is getting better and better every game in and we still have strength to add from the bench and out of the squad. Looking very good!

We look better than last season. Saying that, it is low bar and this is his 3rd season. Even if we earned a draw today (which we did) he simply has to start dominating teams which are midtable or relegation fodder. Draws, scrappy wins, etc, just isn't enough considering how long he is here.

I actually look forward to Liverpool match. It will be much better indicator where we are heading as a team this season.
Yeah there are aspects that look better, but at this stage we should be a well oiled machine, with or without signings.

We always are when we lose. We must be the unluckiest team since the invention if football. Every loss is u lucky. If we had luck and would win our games, we would win the league. Give ETH another 20 years i would say.
Problem is it's hard to admit you are wrong for some, there will always be an excuse of Ten Hag as they have invested the whole summer defending his 18 months of bad management.

A bit of both, Mainoo is not someone who can finish 90 min right now and Casemiro also struggles. It will be a disaster if we go into season with these 2 our option for 2 positions and only Ugarte
Neves + Ugarte would've transformed us

Can't afford too many results like that Erik, INEOS just will not stand for it I am certain of it

Honestly nobody cares about these things.

We were incredible unlucky last season, adding that to poor performance and that concluded as bad season as we had. So we were unlucky today to not win, as we had great goals ruled off. The performance is getting better and better every game in and we still have strength to add from the bench and out of the squad. Looking very good!
The league table doesn’t care if we’re lucky or not.

sure, the performance is better than last season, which is an incredibly low bar anyways, but I’m still alarmed by the fact that we continue to concede last minute goals.

Can't afford too many results like that Erik, INEOS just will not stand for it I am certain of it
They literally gave him a new contract after the awful season we had.

To be fair it seems we're still signing Ten Hags targets. We've signed 4 players, 3 of them born and raised in Holland, 2 of them former Ten Hag players at Ajax.

But you'd assume if EtH goes then the next manager would revolve around the same philosophy to a degree

We won't be doing a LvG -> Mourinho -> Ole scenario again....you'd hope

But you'd assume if EtH goes then the next manager would revolve around the same philosophy to a degree

We won't be doing a LvG -> Mourinho -> Ole scenario again....you'd hope

Can’t see that. New manager almost always means other players

For a 3rd season it’s just staggering how far away we look from being a well oiled machine. We’re just such a clunky team to watch. We consistently look rusty. We have moments of looking smooth, which are exciting. But there’s just always something not quite connecting. I want it to click, but I’ve been saying that for years under Ten Hag at this point.