Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
Relax! We are still in the FA cup and League cup.
We have a good chance to go far in the League Cup too. Progressing against Leicester would give him some breathing space as surely we won't fire him while we are still in a competition he's already won.

It’s actually been trending the wrong way since fergie left. Aside from Ole it’s been going down

Dutch coaches and goalscoring. It's a problem.

They want the ball with the back 5 so much it's impossible to build enough pressure on the opposition. LvG had exactly the same problem.

We’re stuck with him aren’t we :(

For now. We either get better under him or he’s gone. The club isn’t panicking in the same way the fans are, which is fine. I’m pretty certain he’ll be gone before Christmas unless we improve dramatically and quickly.

I'm only a recent convert to the 'out' camp but am fairly shocked there hasn't been any murmurings at all of him going and it looks like he's going to stay in his position for the time being. I was absolutely convinced we were just waiting until the international break to make the change.

I can't see any scenario where he turns it around or even stabilises things, and regardless of any scepticism about an interim (and I have a lot of scepticism about RVN stepping in) the fresh start will help us in the short term until we sort our shit out more than keeping him Ten Hag where he is.

To be fair, ETH is not out of any competition yet. A team needs stability so it is not right to kick a manager out when they have not been knocked out of any competition. And Eth won't lose 4-0 to MK Dons.

I am not against sticking to the plan and the process, but we don't see any discernable signs of progress that makes us believe in what EtH is doing, that's the sad part really, I was really hopeful that EtH will bring us back as a top team that can remain a top 4 side, play in the CL and maybe as time goes challenge for the league, he made us drop several levels down.

Was worried around this time last year that United would waste the entire season waiting for Ten Hag to turn it around.

Turns out I was wrong, they're going to waste two seasons!

Better to laugh than cry I suppose :lol:

Was worried around this time last year that United would waste the entire season waiting for Ten Hag to turn it around.

Turns out I was wrong, they're going to waste two seasons!

Better to laugh than cry I suppose :lol:
Don’t forget that he has a contract extension activated for next season too.

I see that enough time has passed since the latest disasters, for the apologists to creep back in with the ' trust the process' and 'best of a bad bunch' posts.

I see that enough time has passed since the latest disasters, for the apologists to creep back in with the ' trust the process' and 'best of a bad bunch' posts.
Not trying to hear any of it when none of the facts have changed...

GZjLilxXEA49AOH

GZjLiluWkAYxxbO

GZjLilxXgAUxJ8U

It’s a cycle. They crawl back into their posts when things go wrong but give it a few days and they feel emboldened to come on here and spout the usual.

Beat Brentford and regardless of manner you will have the poll shifting to 20-25% back and many ‘I told you so’ posts coming up.

Bit harsh. Didn’t de Boer get sacked after winning 0 games in a month or so for palace?
Ten Hag hasn't won a match since Barnsley..

Also I think Ten Hag has managed the equivalent this season, at least, considering his players are much better. I could have 7 games with United and get them higher than 14th. I'd do what Ten Hag refuses to do and let people who are smarter than me take the lead.

Ten Hag hasn't won a match since Barnsley..

Also I think Ten Hag has managed the equivalent this season, at least, considering his players are much better. I could have 7 games with United and get them higher than 14th. I'd do what Ten Hag refuses to do and let people who are smarter than me take the lead.
Nobody could do better than ten Hag.

Bit harsh. Didn’t de Boer get sacked after winning 0 games in a month or so for palace?
Yes, he was fired a month into his Palace stint after losing 4/4 in the league.

We also haven’t won since 17 Sep which is 4 weeks ago.

It’s Monday! Quick!!!

Someone put a sign outside Carrington reading “Average Eredivisie Players” with an arrow pointing left towards an open shed

As soon as Erik excitedly runs in with his tongue hanging out, someone shut and lock the door behind him
:lol: :lol:

I’ve seen this movie too many times before. He’s getting sacked within the next few weeks. The only thing that could save him would be if he were to go on an incredible run of form in which performances and results improved dramatically. He has shown in the last season and a half he’s not capable of that. So, he’ll be gone. Only question is who replaces him.

Yes, he was fired a month into his Palace stint after losing 4/4 in the league.

We also haven’t won since 17 Sep which is 4 weeks ago.
Imagine we had De Boer. We wouldn't have fired him until it got to 10 losses in a row. First season, the United way etc. Except the season of Moyes, we have been getting more and more lenient.

I’ve seen this movie too many times before. He’s getting sacked within the next few weeks. The only thing that could save him would be if he were to go on an incredible run of form in which performances and results improved dramatically. He has shown in the last season and a half he’s not capable of that. So, he’ll be gone. Only question is who replaces him.

Exactly, its more a matter of when not if.

People who think that he is miraculously going to change the style of play based on no evidence, its not going to happen.

We may start Brentford fast for the first 20 minutes and then go back to old habits where we cannot pass, cannot defend, cannot shoot and cannot press.

I dont think he makes it to the next international break, because I think he will leave us in the relegation zone.

We have Brentford, Chelsea and West Ham and I feel we lose all 3 and we will be in relegation zone, which then will make the board push the button.

For now. We either get better under him or he’s gone. The club isn’t panicking in the same way the fans are, which is fine. I’m pretty certain he’ll be gone before Christmas unless we improve dramatically and quickly.
Yeah but we are throwing away another season .. by accepting mediocrity..
If we are so certain he is gone by Christmas, why wait?

He's not getting sacked. Why would they sack him in two weeks for poor performances, when they could have done it now whilst there's a chance to get things in order? He's here for the season, no matter where we are in the league (bar maybe relegation zone). I think it's clear that INEOS have written this off as a transition season for him.

I think they’d like to keep him until the end of the season as this is a transition season for INEOS. Don’t believe for one second it is transition for ETH though. Without an injury plagued squad and a host of new signings the expectation would have been some form of improvement.

He is expensive to sack and they probably can’t get their ideal successor to join mid season. That’s probably bought him some time but lose to Brentford and I wouldn’t be shocked to see him out the door. At some point everyone will agree it’s untenable and can’t be too far away.

Yeah but we are throwing away another season .. by accepting mediocrity..
If we are so certain he is gone by Christmas, why wait?

I think 90% of the fans are asking the same question? How much further do we need to drop before sacking him?

I am pretty certain our league position will not improve, under Ten Hag we wont make top 10.

Imagine we had De Boer. We wouldn't have fired him until it got to 10 losses in a row. First season, the United way etc. Except the season of Moyes, we have been getting more and more lenient.
Moyes should have been sacked latest by November. It was clear as it can get that the only way with him was to mid table.

It’s a cycle. They crawl back into their posts when things go wrong but give it a few days and they feel emboldened to come on here and spout the usual.

Beat Brentford and regardless of manner you will have the poll shifting to 20-25% back and many ‘I told you so’ posts coming up.

It is ironic that our fanbase long ridiculed Wenger for “top 4-trophy”, made fun of “Micky Mouse Cup” when we were successful. Then our fanbase hated Glazers and Woodward for “being happy with top-4”.

Fast forward to 2024 and the majority backed EtH who finished 8th just because he won 2 non-major trophies including “Micky Mouse Cup” (ah, and the “top-4 trophy” in his first season). Whereas even Woodward would have sacked him this spring.

I think they’d like to keep him until the end of the season as this is a transition season for INEOS. Don’t believe for one second it is transition for ETH though. Without an injury plagued squad and a host of new signings the expectation would have been some form of improvement.

He is expensive to sack and they probably can’t get their ideal successor to join mid season. That’s probably bought him some time but lose to Brentford and I wouldn’t be shocked to see him out the door. At some point everyone will agree it’s untenable and can’t be too far away.

What they would like is to keep him until they're in a position to sign one of their targets as you say, but that kind of goes out the window when United are without a PL win in a month and lingering in 14th. Not to mention he's doing terribly in the Europa League also. I actually can't think of a single thing going for him at the moment. Tuchel may have his critics, especially as a long term option but he'd have bought INEOS much more time than ETH will afford them, and the longer he stays the more their reputation is being damaged. If they really wanted Tuchel in the summer they should have gotten it wrapped it up, no matter the cost.

Considering we barely scraped past Coventry last season, that might be a bit optimistic.

I dont know anyone that watches football can think Ten Hag can win the championship.

Its not about the quality the other team has on the ball, its off the ball, many teams will deploy a mid block. If we were in the championship, we would be around 5th i'd say.

We would have the best possession stats though, control of the game but lose a few games as we will just pass it at the half way line and not know how to move forward.

The only results we would get are when teams attack and we transition on them.

What they would like is to keep him until they're in a position to sign one of their targets as you say, but that kind of goes out the window when United are without a PL win in a month and lingering in 14th. Not to mention he's doing terribly in the Europa League also. I actually can't think of a single thing going for him at the moment. Tuchel may have his critics, especially as a long term option but he'd have bought INEOS much more time than ETH will afford them, and the longer he stays the worse their reputation is being damaged. If they really wanted Tuchel in the summer they should have gotten it wrapped it up.

To add to this, I also believe that the long term option obsession is misguided and backward. No club has ever been able to determine beforehand whether a manager is a good fit long term, it's entirely a product of being a good. To me it's basically put the cart before the horse. Also while stumbling on the next SAF would be great, for the club's sake there is way more value in the ability of the executives to identify competent coaches after competent coaches, it shields it from the unexpected because you never actually know when that supposedly long term head coach will decide to leave or whether something will happen to him.

I’ve seen this movie too many times before. He’s getting sacked within the next few weeks.

I'd totally expect the old regime to not sack when they should've taken advantage of the international break to sack. We'd eventually get smacked by Brentford / West Ham and the pressure builds to the point that the sack is inevitable. We'll not be ready with a new manager and just promote from within for the interim (Carrick / McKenna / Giggs vs RvN now). They would have no contingency planning and start chasing managers when the current situation becomes untenable. Remember how they were being respectful to Ole by not looking for a new manager while he was in charge?

I see echoes of the same situation building now. The only advantage is we did some amount of due diligence during the summer. I hope that includes some planning around who can come in if it all goes to shit this season.