Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
I read somewhere that Dan Ashworth has only ever sacked a coach 2 times in 11 years as a technical director. No idea if that's true or not as it seems ridiculously low. But if so, he seems more on the side of stability than ambition.
He better get on with the program because, when Ten Hag shits the bed again, Ashworth's head is going to be on the chopping block alongside ETH's.

Why would he? Tuchel turned down the Utd job 3 months ago ?

We don't know that. There were many stories, including one that he wanted some time away from it. There's also been stories that he'd be interested in taking over here if we sack ETH. Plus most journos have him as our preferred option, and the one we tried for in summer.

This is absolutely not the worst period in the clubs history since WW2

It's worse in the aspect that the fans can have a go at each other every day via the Internet. In those days you'd have to enter a pub/tavern to give a ETH supporter a dig in the head.

Every day of silence? He isn’t leaving. There was only going to be an announcement if they fired him. It’s evident he is staying for now.
It’s not really clear what is happening behind the scenes, which is why the speculation is rife and the fantasy scenarios are taking on a life of their own.

We’re the talk of the game, for all the wrong reasons at the moment and that’s going to intensify if they remain silent.

Aye, the midfield is an issue, but nowhere near as bad as last season. Still not perfect, but improving. Low hanging fruit and such. Still.

The attack, however, has become progressively worse. As you state, we create chances and subsequently waste them. The whole point of the game is to win and we cannot do so without goals.

We can blame the midfield, coach, stars, injuries, the moon, you, me, everything in between and the rest of Miranda July's impressive oeuvre, but our attack is whack and you know it.

No point sacking Bald to appoint another manager who can't make Razzmatazz prolific, or Zirkzee another expensive Ineos chemical spill.
A better coach would have more ideas for attack and would no doubt get more out of the players at his disposal. This is not just the players it’s also about how ETH envisages them playing

Grumpy doesn’t begin to cover the mood this thread is awash with.

Breeding contempt and morale really dipping, and it’s not just online… it’s going to get worse.

I just cannot believe this is part of some grand design.

International break normally calms things down, but every day of silence is actually building tension and animosity.

If he’s here by Brentford, it’s going to be a pressure cooker environment.
Unfortunately I don't see it getting any better until either a) results & performances drastically improve under ETH or b) He is finally sacked. Based on the past 18 months or so, a is looking increasingly unlikely. It's hard to remain calm considering how bad we've been for so long.

I've never enjoyed football less than at the current moment. Yes, LVG's reign was incredibly boring it but it still genuinely felt like we were laying foundations and building something. We also weren't getting absolutely battered once a month, which was nice. This just feels like a dire descent into depths we haven't seen before for this team.

Not people, just an inocious post to you after reading complaints by many. It wasn't targeted I was genuinely curious after reading another complaint about the polls, so I thought I'd ask.

And I answered you - it's on topic and one of the anchors of this thread. Your framing is what led me to say you're patrolling because for one - you said a lot of people were talking about the poll (it's a poll thread bro) and your next comment assumed one had to be bothered by it to do so. Flawed at best, bad faith at worst.

You then replied claiming the question was flippant and that I was "patrolling" posts. This after I said I've hardly ever commented on it before apart from one instance

For clarification, I never said your question was flippant. That was a qualifier I added to my own post. See: "Patrolling people's posts and/or flippant remarks regarding a poll"

The wild thing is you now said I was projecting feelings. Let's leave it here, I think you are somewhat defensive about a harmless question.

You have - "sensitive" and "defensive" for replying to your engagements. I've never seen you just say "my bad", it really shouldn't be that hard

@TsuWave and @VP89 come on now

Even I’m sick of this dispute.

A straightener in Hull and have done with it

:lol:

Anywhere in Manchester and I'll pop up like the boogeyman to be honest. Nah, but seriously, I think people are too entrenched into their positions in this thread.

Another reason why Ten Hag should be sacked :smirk:

A better coach would have more ideas for attack and would no doubt get more out of the players at his disposal. This is not just the players it’s also about how ETH envisages them playing
I mean sure but we're also the worst in the league for XG underperformance as well.

Yeah I've really noticed that the last few times I've been in here. As miserable as it has been.

Yup. The environment is already fecking toxic. The way people are turning on each other. It’s just sad. Probably the worst period in our history since before World War II.

Unfortunately I don't see it getting any better until either a) results & performances drastically improve under ETH or b) He is finally sacked. Based on the past 18 months or so, a is looking increasingly unlikely. It's hard to remain calm considering how bad we've been for so long.

I've never enjoyed football less than at the current moment. Yes, LVG's reign was incredibly boring it but it still genuinely felt like we were laying foundations and building something. We also weren't getting absolutely battered once a month, which was nice. This just feels like a dire descent into depths we haven't seen before for this team.
Between the frustration and the past however many months of failure, it feels like people have just had enough; it’s beyond fatigue now and that’s when things fester and contempt enters the fray. We’ve seen play out plenty of times before, but this is the worst of the lot because it’s taking an eon and looks extremely clumsily executed.

It’s not really clear what is happening behind the scenes, which is why the speculation is rife and the fantasy scenarios are taking on a life of their own.

We’re the talk of the game, for all the wrong reasons at the moment and that’s going to intensify if they remain silent.
They aren’t going to come out and say they back him cause that will cause a backlash among fans. They know the situation is bad and needs fixing. So they aren’t going to say anything for now until they actually sack him. So be prepared for a couple of weeks of radio silence.

If he’s still here, as is looking likely, for Brentford, whether kind of reception do you think he will get from match going fans?
They only applaud. They barely boo which infuriates me sometimes. They sing Bruno’s name even when he has done shit this season. Why will it be any different for Erik? They will continue to applaud.

It’s such a reactive poll, like any on here

Beat Brentford and it probably goes up to around 20% to keep him

Lose to Brentford and it’ll go down to about 10%

Rinse and repeat for Fenerbache
You do know there are rival fans who also vote keep for fun right? That sways the vote more than fickle fans changing their mind.

They aren’t going to come out and say they back him cause that will cause a backlash among fans. They know the situation is bad and needs fixing. So they aren’t going to say anything for now until they actually sack him. So be prepared for a couple of weeks of radio silence.
Silence isn’t covering anything as speculation runs amok from media and fans alike to fill in the blanks. The vaunted optics are absolutely terrible and the moment the international break is over, the spotlight will be a full beam on us.

If he’s still here, as is looking likely, for Brentford, whether kind of reception do you think he will get from match going fans?

Before the match polite applause.

After the match depends on how it's went I suppose. Nothing too bad I'd imagine.

A few weeks before Moyes was sacked, the fans in the stadium booed the "Moyes Out" plane that was hired to fly during the game. They then clapped him off the pitch after his last home game.

I think that should help answer your question.

Yup. The environment is already fecking toxic. The way people are turning on each other. It’s just sad. Probably the worst period in our history since before World War II.
If it is that's on the current fans.

We were fecking relegated in the early 70s, and won two FA cups in the 80s.

We don't know that. There were many stories, including one that he wanted some time away from it. There's also been stories that he'd be interested in taking over here if we sack ETH. Plus most journos have him as our preferred option, and the one we tried for in summer.
It’s well known that he turned it down.

If it is that's on the current fans.

We were fecking relegated in the early 70s, and won two FA cups in the 80s.
Yeah. I was trying to say that the atmosphere is the most toxic. If not that, it’s definitely the worst in the past 35 years at least, and is 100% the worst during my 25 year lifetime. I can’t really speak for anytime before then.

Yeah. I was trying to say that the atmosphere is the most toxic. If not that, it’s definitely the worst in the past 35 years at least, and is 100% the worst during my 25 year lifetime. I can’t really speak for anytime before then.

Yeah, that's just the internet, it's an angry polarised cesspit where people need to run to the conclusion of any whims or feelings they have. I don't think that's going away anytime soon.

It’s well known that he turned it down.
I think he turned it down as much as we turned him down.
He wanted more control and we weren't giving it. Of course the spin on him being the person deciding to snub us would be prevelant among German outlets for obvious reasons.

Falk recently said he wants the United job when now, so he's obviously very interested.

Genuine question, do you have more time for him because he’s Dutch? Or are you generally this willing to forgive and accept with all our managers?
Not anymore, he can be sacked, but it is up to the people in charge who see the training sessions, know the game model and generally know what is going on.

I guess ax long as there is a possibility of things turning around, I’m on the fence.

Nope. We were six points off top four and eight points off relegation places when Ole was sacked.
Yep noted that. It was a supporting note that made little difference to the actual point I was making.

A few weeks before Moyes was sacked, the fans in the stadium booed the "Moyes Out" plane that was hired to fly during the game. They then clapped him off the pitch after his last home game.

I think that should help answer your question.
What the actual eff is wrong with them? Do they see things differently from the rest of us?

Applaud him at the beginning, then the entire team will get booed after getting trashed by Brentford, to eventually applauding EtH when he goes towards the fans thanking them for their support.

Like it or hate it, this is the United way.

Silence isn’t covering anything as speculation runs amok from media and fans alike to fill in the blanks. The vaunted optics are absolutely terrible and the moment the international break is over, the spotlight will be a full beam on us.
But you do understand they can’t come out and say anything now right? He is on the ropes so if they come out in support they can’t fire him after 2 more games. And no owner/executive ever comes out and say the managers job is in jeopardy either. So the next communication from executives will be when they actually fire him.

It's just the most rabid online, there's been similar times in the past 35 years but the internet has made it more reactionary as you see the negativity constantly.

I know they don't have to tell us anything but they did say they would be more supporter contact. This is one of the biggest part of a club yet they're saying nothing for the second time and they must know it's annoying people. Their social media must be on fire.
If they're not sacking him just fecking tell us the bad news. If you are sacking him just do it ffs. This pissing about for the second time isn't helping anyone.