Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
Eth is good at tournaments. Once he gets to the round robin stage, he starts to show off his prowess.
Don't really wish to kick a man when he's down, but what you're saying is fanciful.

He's been very lucky indeed in tournaments; weak draws and favourable calls. His real barnstorming run was 6yrs ago; if refs had've done their job in the FA Cup, we'd have gone out to Coventry and that would have been that with regard to his time here.

Don't really wish to kick a man when he's down, but what you're saying is fanciful.

He's been very lucky indeed in tournaments; weak draws and favourable calls. His real barnstorming run was 6yrs ago; if refs had've done their job in the FA Cup, we'd have gone out to Coventry and that would have been that with regard to his time here.
Tbf, he had to beat the likes of Liverpool, City and Newcastle to claim his trophies. Not exactly weak opponents.

The man clearly knows what it takes to go toe to toe with big teams which makes his tactics in smaller occassions baffling.

I am not sure where you get your statistics but I dont believe ten Hag is statistically one of our worst performing managers in the PL era.

Jose has the best statistics among Utd managers since Fergie:
Win Percentage: 58.3%
League Positions: 6th, 2nd
Trophies: 2 (Europa League, League Cup)

ten Hag:
Win Percentage: 56.7%
League Positions: 3rd, 8th
Trophies: 2 (League Cup, FA Cup)

van Gaal:
Win Percentage: 52.4%
League Positions: 4th, 5th
Trophies: 1 (FA Cup)

Ole:
Win Percentage: 54.2%
League Positions: 6th, 3rd, 2nd
Trophies: 0

Moyes:
Win Percentage: 52.9%
League Position: 7th
Trophies: 0

I would say I will give him until December to assess his performance. I am not just looking at the results but also at the overall performance and progress. Yes, I expect a top 4 finish this season or 5th place and a Europa League win.

That win percentage of Ten Hag's is on a conctant downward trajectory :lol: It was hovering around 70% at the end of his first season, it's currently already dropped to 55%.

He's coming for you Ralf.

Tbf, he had to beat the likes of Liverpool, City and Newcastle to claim his trophies. Not exactly weak opponents.

The man clearly knows what it takes to go toe to toe with big teams which makes his tactics in smaller occassions baffling.

:confused:

Does he forget for most of the league games?

Did we have the capacity to and were we spending a billion in five years? We levelled up under Fergie and that comes with certain expectations. You can't spend 600m in three years, take the club to 8th on a negative goal difference, proceed to having the worst start in the PL and expect people to just remain silent because we were shit in the 80s.

We should hold the club accountable, yes its a private company but it's also a community asset with people in various continents invested in it. There should be a duty of care in how these things are handled. I understand if they want to back him, sacking previous underperformers hasn't always worked but if it costs us more down the line, people should be held accountable for that decision because the signs are there to see that this train is off the rails.

It's tedious for people to not take posts in context. I was responding to a particular post. If you disagree with the point I was making and that you think this is the worst period in the clubs history, then fine. I wasn't making any other point.

Is there enough in the bank from Ten Hag's time at the club to suggest we could be about to turn a corner?

So not only has INEOS fecked up by not sacking him in the summer, they now run the risk of missing out on the best replacement on the market in Tuchel because of their dithering about on whether to sack him now. They’re really making an arse of this manager situation.

Very true mate, our Eruopean campaigns have been let's say poor.

Not just ours, most of his campaigns with Ajax are also not impressive at all. The 18-19 campaign and the CL group stage of 21/22 are doing some heavy lifting.

Is there enough in the bank from Ten Hag's time at the club to suggest we could be about to turn a corner?

Our form has been pretty much consistently poor from March 2023 over the course of 3 different seasons now. So I would say no, what we're seeing is what Ten Hag offers. There'll probably be no corner turning, we're just going round and round in a circle.

Not just ours, most of his campaigns with Ajax are also not impressive at all. The 18-19 campaign and the CL group stage of 21/22 are doing some heavy lifting.
And then didn’t they immediately get knocked out in 21/22 by a weaker team than what they faced in the groups? Benfica was it?

Indeed, it's the same with his first 6 months at United that does most of the heavy lifting in his United stats. Using mostly someones elses squad and tactics with Rashford in the form of his life we looked a decent side. Not so much since.

We won't be expecting much against West Ham though, so even losing that game will not affect his ratings. Likewise Chelsea, they are quite good now and we know we don't perform well in the league against good teams. Fenerbahce away is probably another one where a loss won't really do anything because we expect to lose these games.

It's all about Brentford and Leicester games in the league, winning 1 of them should be good enough, and PAOK in EL where we probably need to win as well to give ourselves a better chance of progressing (especially if we lose in Turkey). Leicester in the cup should probably be fine as I expect them to play a weakened side while we will most likely go close to full strength as ETH, being a serial winner that he is, will not neglect this competition.

4-6 points in the 4 league games + a win in EL will easily get him through the next break.

It's got nothing to do with last season. Ten Hag should be gone, there's no arguments there, but I wasn't responding to our form was I?

The poster replied that Ten Hag will only be judged off the Leicester and Brentford game and the other results won't figure in the clubs assessment of how Ten Hag is performing as there will be no expectation for us to beat the likes of West Ham. To be frank, calling it nonsense was doing it a disservice, it's absolute drivel.

Before you reply to me again, take some time to comprehend what's actually written, instead of replying to what you think has been written.
If you insist, you're going to have to highlight which part of the post you quoted is either hysterical or drivel. If he is here for that period it means a lower standard has been ushered in already, so why do you assume it is not par for the course now as opposed to the wishful thinking that it isn't? 'The likes of West Ham' who beat us 2-0 at home last season?

Truth is we have no idea what is or is not acceptable to keep him in a job, given we slump lower in regard to standards by the season.

Feel free to make up your version of acceptable standards in countenance, which will be as speculative as what was written. The tilt goes in the direction of the underlying belief, neither is hysterical or nonsense until we find out what standards we are being held to account for.

You, having written more, have not deviated from your initial post, or, do you think, I've failed in my comprehension for a second time?

Why would we have gone out to Coventry?

Yep, this is the United way. supporting your manager and team through thick and thin.
I know. The other fanbases support their team, we support the manager and the team. Albeit, the team part is optional, considering that underperforming players (even academy ones) get abused online and booed at Old Trafford while the underperforming manager get applauded.

I dream for the day United becomes a more normal club, instead of a religious organization tasked at worshiping the manager.

I supported him till a couple of weeks ago but this is madness. He’s going to get sacked. Just get it over with.

I know. The other fanbases support their team, we support the manager and the team. Albeit, the team part is optional, considering that underperforming players (even academy ones) get abused online and booed at Old Trafford while the underperforming manager get applauded.

I dream for the day United becomes a more normal club, instead of a religious organization tasked at worshiping the manager.
You have zero clue about the club or the fanbase. It’s evident with the comments you keep making.

On a serious note though how many times do you go to OT and when did you last attend? I’m interested as to how you have gleaned this very specific perception of the club and fanbase.

Applaud him at the beginning, then the entire team will get booed after getting trashed by Brentford, to eventually applauding EtH when he goes towards the fans thanking them for their support.

Like it or hate it, this is the United way.

The sad reality. The fans are bizarre

People joke about it but I think the most impressive thing he’s done (from his perspective) is lower the expectations considerably

Solskjaer was sacked when we were 7th, Mourinho sacked when we were 6th. And both times it was a point of ridicule that we were so low.

Ten Hag has us in 14th after a piss easy start to the season. After finishing 8th last season.

If he gets us up to 7th or 6th before Christmas, then he’ll be seen as successful and having improved us, and won’t even be considered for the sack

So not only has INEOS fecked up by not sacking him in the summer, they now run the risk of missing out on the best replacement on the market in Tuchel because of their dithering about on whether to sack him now. They’re really making an arse of this manager situation.
Ineos didn't make a mistake. If Eth was sacked at end of last season, people would keep saying man utd has no patience and is a club that likes to sack managers. No patience with LVG even after he won the fa cup.

Only shows the nature of those polls and the nature of fans. Some good emotions and concerns will fade away. Same is happening right now (yeah, the critique these days is as loud as it is because of the latest results). It is shortsighted and I am very hopeful, that the new decision makers will not be subsceptible from such waves within the fanbase.
over 2 seasons is about as far from short sighted as you can get! if it looks like a turd, smells like a turd and manages like a turd....

It's tedious for people to not take posts in context. I was responding to a particular post. If you disagree with the point I was making and that you think this is the worst period in the clubs history, then fine. I wasn't making any other point.
It's ok ut context can work both ways, I do agree this isn't the worst period we have endured.

If we get outplayed and battered by Brentford watch the links to Frank start appearing rapid.

Is there something having on the training ground that we're not yet seeing on matchday that is on the cusp of coming together?

Admittedly clutching at straws here.