Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
I didn't know a post to ask why someone is bothered by a poll slightly changing was patrolling. Answering with "why are you bothered that I'm bothered" isnt the benchmark of maturity either.

You appear somewhat sensitive to a small question, let's leave it.

Again, do you only speak on stuff that bother you? When you go out of your way to ask people why they're commenting, contextually, and on-topic, on one of the anchors of a thread, then yes, you're patrolling.

You brought up "maturity", not me. This was an exercise you engaged in - I don't have a benchmark to hit nor expectations for you in that regards. I simply retorted that there's a disconnect in your behaviour and what you expect from others.

I am disappointed in INEOS tbh but having seen how they got Nice meandering around midtable I guess we were too optimistic to expect any better. I don't think the decision to sack the manager should be made by committee or through votes, that's just pushing the bucket.

We have people within the INEOS team who, having kept an inept manager against best industry practice, now know that admitting to this mistake so early will weaken their influence. Sir Jim should have taken note of who pushed the hardest to keep ETH in the summer and sidelined them on this call.

This should be a Dan Ashworth recommendation and then the senior Executive team, the co-owners, make the final call. This dilly dallying while we sink deeper into mediocrity will only hurt us because potential candidates won't wait for us to get our act together they will move on whilst they dither.

I read somewhere that Dan Ashworth has only ever sacked a coach 2 times in 11 years as a technical director. No idea if that's true or not as it seems ridiculously low. But if so, he seems more on the side of stability than ambition.

And that's totally understandable. What is not understandable to me, is how is the league position not a matter of urgent business?

Nobody said it wasn't, just that the meeting was already scheduled. Saying the meeting wasn't specifically about the poor form doesn't mean it wasn't discussed.

While this is obvious think about how stupid it is to continue to with thought process.

We all know he will be sacked eventually (End of the season at the latest) No better time than now, why willingly throw the season away.but also this should be easy enough because I'm the ETH era a draw counts as a good result

If this is the thinking then there is absolute no use in waiting to fire him. If you’re saying he is safe till Dec or June then fine but if you’re just saying I’m going to see for only 2 more games then could have fired him and used this break for the interim to settle in. It looks like it’s not only the players who go to shit when they come to United, the executives seem to become incompetent as well! We are truly cursed!

This is really stupid. We clearly are still shit and waiting makes zero sense. You truly wonder why that is, but it is weak

This is the new approach you seem to have. Label anyone who's rightfully pissed off with the manager situation into someone acting hysterical.
Nah, just calling hysterical people hysterical.

We're all pissed off (or at the very least extremely unhappy) with where we are as a club. And I've voted sack.

I am a bit confused here but wasn't eth the man most of you wanted this season following the FA cup win? What changed? He showed us last season that he was shit in the league and in Europe after all. Don't worry though. He will probably win a domestic cup
Yes, yes. You were right. Well done. Can we please move the feck on from all of these "I told you so, look how clever I was" posts from the usual suspects, please?

So you’re just guessing then!

Did I say it was factual? All we can go off is their actions to date, and they've been put in a situation twice already when they have every reason to sack our underperforming coach, and yet they decided not to. So what shall we deduce from that? That they will sack this guy if he doesn't win the next two? I'd say that is a pretty ridiculous theory right now, and if they did that then they would look beyond foolish. I hope they don't sack him if we lose the next two as that would mean we've got a group of plonkers running the club and we're in bigger trouble than a falling coach.

Without looking on Google images, does Ten Hag have a beard, a goatee or is he cleanly shaved?
He's got something that looks like a goatee but he trains it to be a full on beard. He also tells people in post match interviews that he's clean shaven.

Again, do you only speak on stuff that bother you? When you go out of your way to ask people why they're commenting, contextually, and on-topic, on one of the anchors of a thread, then yes, you're patrolling.

You brought up "maturity", not me. This was an exercise you engaged in - I don't have a benchmark to hit nor expectations for you in that regards. I simply retorted that there's a disconnect in your behaviour and what you expect from others.
I wasn't going out of my way. I was on this thread and asked a question after seeing multiple posts complain about the poll. That's not really patrolling.

I dont know why you got so offended by the question. It wasn't flippant, you seem quite sensitive.

Honestly don't see how he turns this around. He simply can't get enough goals in this team and that comes from poor transfer decisions. I'd like to be proven wrong but i'm not seeing an improvement anytime soon, unless Hojlund suddenly starts scoring a lot.

I wasn't 100% sure but I managed to find a site that allows you to view the table on a certain date. United on the 21st November 2021, the day after the 4-1 Watford defeat. Were in 7th place with 17 points. 6 points off 4th and 8 points off the relegation zone.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/league-table...Aug-13/todate:2021-Nov-21/type:home-and-away/
https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/premier-league/22-november-2021/

According to this we were on 17pts when he was sacked and 6 points off Leeds in relegation. We were also 6 points off West Ham in 4th. So bang in the middle really. If It helps I corroborated this with Chat gpt as well :lol:

Anyway, I think being in that position by mid-november is more than sackable. It's basically the same sort of position Ten Hag finds himself in now but after 12 games into the PL Campaign, instead of 7.

November 2028

These two next games against Tranmere Rovers and Grimsby Town will play a key part in Ten Hag's fate at the club.

According to this we were on 17pts when he was sacked and 6 points off Leeds in relegation. We were also 6 points off West Ham in 4th. So bang in the middle really. If It helps I corroborated this with Chat gpt as well :lol:

Anyway, I think being in that position by mid-november is more than sackable. It's basically the same sort of position Ten Hag finds himself in now but after 12 games into the PL Campaign, instead of 7.
We were 8th back then. We're now 14th. It seems like a big difference to me.

It's also worth remembering that the previous season we finished 2nd. Even with all of that goodwill Ole was still sacked when we dropped to 8th.

Same table mate, but Leeds aren't in the relegation zone. They were sitting in 17th, we were 8 points above Burnley in 18th.

We were averaging 1.4 points per game up until the sacking. This season we've averaged 1.1 per game and would have to win 3 of our next 5 games just to match the points total that finished Ole's United career. Even 3 wins and a draw would have everyone thinking we've turned a corner but it would only be 1 point better off than when Ole was sacked.

Brentford Home
West Ham Away
Chelsea Home
Leicester Home
Ipswich Away

So it's doable but I wouldn't bet on it in our current form if I was being honest.

Last edited:
I wasn't going out of my way. I was on this thread and asked a question after seeing multiple posts complain about the poll. That's not really patrolling.

I dont know why you got so offended by the question. It wasn't flippant, you seem quite sensitive.

You keep projecting feelings on to me - really weird way of conversing. I've not been rude or anything, not called you out of your name or anything adjacent, just answered your questions and pointed out what reads as a disconnect to me.

You're in a poll with a thread asking people why they're commenting on the movement of said poll and why are they bothered by it - already a peculiar, and flawed take. Then you start talking about maturity, and now, for replying to you, I'm offended and sensitive. Brother, what is this? :lol:

While this is obvious think about how stupid it is to continue to with thought process.

We all know he will be sacked eventually (End of the season at the latest) No better time than now, why willingly throw the season away.but also this should be easy enough because I'm the ETH era a draw counts as a good result

What a business plan to have 2 defeats in a row and we’ll sack you . Just do it already Ineos and co are just delaying the inevitable .

Grumpy doesn’t begin to cover the mood this thread is awash with.

Breeding contempt and morale really dipping, and it’s not just online… it’s going to get worse.

I just cannot believe this is part of some grand design.

International break normally calms things down, but every day of silence is actually building tension and animosity.

If he’s here by Brentford, it’s going to be a pressure cooker environment.

You keep projecting feelings on to me - really weird way of conversing. I've not been rude or anything, not called you out of your name or anything adjacent, just answered your questions and pointed out what reads as a disconnect to me.

You're in a poll with a thread asking people why they're commenting on the movement of said poll and why are they bothered by it - already a peculiar, and flawed take. Then you start talking about maturity, and now, for replying to you, I'm offended and sensitive. Brother, what is this? :lol:
Not people, just an inocious post to you after reading complaints by many. It wasn't targeted I was genuinely curious after reading another complaint about the polls, so I thought I'd ask.

You then replied claiming the question was flippant and that I was "patrolling" posts. This after I said I've hardly ever commented on it before apart from one instance.

The wild thing is you now said I was projecting feelings. Let's leave it here, I think you are somewhat defensive about a harmless question.

Same table mate, but Leeds aren't in the relegation zone. They were sitting in 17th, we were 8 points above Burnley in 18th.

We were averaging 1.4 points per game up until the sacking. This season we've averaged 1.1 per game and would have to win 3 of our next 5 games just to match the points total that finished Ole's United career. Even 3 wins and a draw would have everyone thinking we've turned a corner but it would only be 1 point better off than when Ole was sacked.

Brentford Home
West Ham Away
Chelsea Home
Leicester Home
Ipswich Away

So it's doable but I wouldn't bet on it in our current form if I was being honest.
Yes thanks for correcting.

So my point still stands in that, Ole was sacked having got 14 games and being in the same sort of position as Ten Hag is now.

Ten Hag is on the chopping block right now after 7 games and that's likely due to the goodwill being stronger on Ole coming back off a season finishing 2nd, as @Mr Pigeon pointed out.

I wouldn't really complain much if the manager was sacked now and no one can complain when Ole was sacked. If Ten Hag got 11 pts from the next 15, he wouldn't be sacked then either.

Breeding contempt and morale really dipping, and it’s not just online… it’s going to get worse.

International break normally calms things down, but every day of silence is actually building tension and animosity.

Every day of silence? He isn’t leaving. There was only going to be an announcement if they fired him. It’s evident he is staying for now.

Yup. The environment is already fecking toxic. The way people are turning on each other. It’s just sad. Probably the worst period in our history since before World War II.

Yes thanks for correcting.

So my point still stands in that, Ole was sacked having got 14 games and being in the same sort of position as Ten Hag is now.

Ten Hag is on the chopping block right now after 7 games and that's likely due to the goodwill being stronger on Ole coming back off a season finishing 2nd, as @Mr Pigeon pointed out.

I wouldn't really complain much if the manager was sacked now and no one can complain when Ole was sacked. If Ten Hag got 11 pts from the next 15, he wouldn't be sacked then either.

No worries.

Probably not no but sadly I doubt we're getting 3 wins and 2 draws in our next 5 games. If we lose 2-3 of the next 5 and maybe draw 1 I reckon that'll be that the club will pull the trigger in November.

You’d think if he was going, he’d have gone by now.

Unless he’s gone to Ibiza again and turned his phone off