Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yes, its about how much closer you are to the bottom vs the top. And it's not all I referenced. There's a whole second part of the post that's pretty vital when talking about sackings and that's form. If Ten Hag got 3 wins and 1 draw out of 5 games, the form wouldn't be considered sackable like Ole's was.
We are closer to relegation than we are to top 4, and closer to bottom than top now.

We are closer to relegation than we are to top 4, and closer to bottom than top now.
Yes, 7 games in. Ole was at this stage in mid november.

By the way I'm not arguing against Ten Hag's current situation being sackable. I would understand it. But you asked about the next 5 games and whether its sackable if he did xyz. I gave my answer - and that situation improves upon the one we're in now, unlike Ole.

I have no clue how someone can think 14% is a solid fan club. Its obvious that most of the people who backed him haven't changed the vote or haven't been on for a while.

People are also entitled to their opinion. I mean he has won 2 trophies, so he has done something, unless in your mind trophies is not good and you dont want United to win trophies.
14% is not a lot in isolation. But, when you consider the circumstances, where we are, i think 14% is way higher than it should. Hopefully you are right that people can just not be arsed to change their vote, fair enough.

2 domestic cup runs, that is something alright, fair enough again.

By the way I'm not arguing against Ten Hag's current situation being sackable. I would understand it. But you asked about the next 5 games and whether its sackable if he did xyz. I gave my answer - and that situation improves upon the one we're in now, unlike Ole.
That’s because you said he would deserve to be sacked if he had us in the same position as Ole, so thought it was only suitable to point out that he’d actually need to improve considerably to even get there. We are currently in a worse position than we have been in for… well, a long time. I also fear it’s not the bottom yet.

:lol: Like clockwork. Always the next two games. I love this club. Pure banter.

He'll surely be able to get a point or two out these games. With shit on a stick football as usual but still. And surely that will be enough to keep him for at least the next two games that will be really really crucial for his fate.

What I wonder is: if he's still here for Brentford, will he carry on as normal with the same mindset, formation and tactical planning, or will show any capacity whatsoever for growth and learning?

If he plods on as is, it's a pisstake and will make those allowing him to tank the season look even worse than they do now.

The media spotlight is going to be absolutely intense from now on, with not only ETH and the team getting it, but also the supposed "best in class" allowing it to happen.

It seems like the idea is to bumble along and have him see out the season where hopefully we're top 6 or top 4 by some miracle, and then move him on at reduced cost. If that is the case, it's one uncomfortable gamble that doesn't make this new structure look good or impressive unless the outcome is as above.

If it goes the other way, we've jumped out of the frying pan into the fire with our helmsen. There is also immense damage to morale and young player development at stake with this gamble, which has carryover.

If I were a betting man I'd wager on it being the former.

While this is obvious think about how stupid it is to continue to with thought process.

We all know he will be sacked eventually (End of the season at the latest) No better time than now, why willingly throw the season away.but also this should be easy enough because I'm the ETH era a draw counts as a good result

This is nonsense, there’s no way any club would act like this. What happens if we draw those two games as well, does he then get another two games? Where does it end? That cycle could theoretically go on forever.

This is nonsense, there’s no way any club would act like this. What happens if we draw those two games as well, does he then get another two games? Where does it end? That cycle could theoretically go on forever.
Draw puts us in a limbo. We can’t fire him but we can’t back him. We must act dead and say nothing.

At some point his contract ends and if he didn't win enough by that time to get a new contract and didn't lose enough to be sacked earlier, than this will be the simple end of the road.

However the non-decisive board will then have too review the situation, look for new candidates and will offer a new contract to the best possible candidate who is called Erik ten Hag. So probably you are right, it could go on forever...

At some point his contract ends and if he didn't win enough by that time to get a new contract and didn't lose enough to be sacked earlier, than this will be the simple end of the road.

However the non-decisive board will then have too review the situation, look for new candidates and will offer a new contract to the best possible candidate who is called Erik ten Hag. So probably you are right, it could go on forever...
This cannot happen either because apparently you cannot allow a manager to go into a season with only a year left so by default we must extend his contract at the end of this season.

Were we not 6th or 7th and only 6 points off 4th when Ole got sacked?

While this is obvious think about how stupid it is to continue to with thought process.

We all know he will be sacked eventually (End of the season at the latest) No better time than now, why willingly throw the season away.but also this should be easy enough because I'm the ETH era a draw counts as a good result

Probably BS, but for the sake of argument let's assume it's true.

What difference does it make? What would results against Brentford and Fenerbahce tell us that ETH's body of work to date with United hasn't already told us? Completely myopic view from the club leadership.

14% is not a lot in isolation. But, when you consider the circumstances, where we are, i think 14% is way higher than it should. Hopefully you are right that people can just not be arsed to change their vote, fair enough.

2 domestic cup runs, that is something alright, fair enough again.

I still haven't seen many posters back Ten Hag since the Spurs result, normally you get a few that back the manager.

I still haven't seen many posters back Ten Hag since the Spurs result, normally you get a few that back the manager.
The pendulum has swung indeed. Aside from very few who would not turn their backs on him if we were battling relegation with 3 games to go and would still seek the root of the issue elsewhere, pretty much everyone that supported him weeks ago is now in full out sack mode.

This cannot happen either because apparently you cannot allow a manager to go into a season with only a year left so by default we must extend his contract at the end of this season.
Can't go into a new season with an expiring contract because that signals the leadership doesn't trust the manager. Publicly meeting with every manager in Europe over the summer as a potential replacement is perfectly fine though, that doesn't signal lack of trust at all!

Yes, its about how much closer you are to the bottom vs the top. And it's not all I referenced. Ole was 23 pts off Liverpool and 4 pts off 16th when he was sacked.
Also, there's a whole second part of the post that's pretty vital when talking about sackings and that's form. If Ten Hag got 3 wins and 1 draw out of 5 games, the form wouldn't be considered sackable like Ole's was.
OIe deserved to be fired but just to note we were 6 points off 4th and 8 points behind Liverpool, we are currently 6 points off 4th and 10 points behind Liverpool. In fairness it doesn't matter because then we were coming off the back of finishing 2nd and what looked like a really ambitious summer, we're now a club that has a new reality of being a slightly above average Premier League side that is hoping to develop so I'm not sure there's any point in using how we performed under Ole as a reference point.

Three posts just today, and this is a constant with you. Please cut out the condescension.
It’s incomprehension, not condescension. That’s just your inference.

Some of the takes of late are nuts.

Doesn’t help that it’s international week I suppose.

Some people could do with just calming down a little

We could get thumped 5-0 in those 2 games and it’ll be the 2 games after that that TRULY determine if he’s gonna continue with us or not.

…just give it up with this FFS. (Not you the poster specifically)

The pendulum has swung indeed. Aside from very few who would not turn their backs on him if we were battling relegation with 3 games to go and would still seek the root of the issue elsewhere, pretty much everyone that supported him weeks ago is now in full out sack mode.

You will always get a few who back the manager, that is what being a fan is, you have hope that the manager will turn things around.

The spurs game was definitely a pendulum swinger, I was one in the summer who bought all the excuses but I also judged the manager on his words.

He told us with a fit team, it will be different, players had a full pre season and we had most our players fit this season and there is no change to how we played last season, so surely he has to go. There is no one that can argue for him staying.

I think he may be on a process of making us relegation candidates over title contenders, if thats the case, I can definitely see progress. he has beaten his own record for worst start, 3 seasons in a row.

Looking at individual results or pairs of games is a complete mugs game. No serious owner or football director would think in those terms unless they're rank amateurs. No fan with half a brain should think in those terms either.

We are not heading for a top half finish let alone a top 4/5/6 finish on form stretching back to December 2023. We are not going to get anywhere close to a Europa league title, that we were favourites to win, based on our form stretching all the way back to those Barcelona games, the last time we weren't shite in Europe.

Beating Brentford or Leicester or PAOK or even all 3 obviously doesn't change those trajectories.
Totally agree mate, but I am not going to believe the press that the above is the actual plan. Seems like easy click bait.

I’m pretty disappointed with how this has been handled to be honest. I just don’t have any faith left in this manager and it just seems like we’re wasting time persisting.

True, just for a moment I thought I could build up some hope. But United currently is so shit, that even that didn't work.

F***** Twente? That United couldn't win that match feels like a mistake in the Matrix and I still haven't fully processed that result.
And some idiot said it was meaningless!

And beating two teams we should be getting by easily proves what exactly?

If this is at all true then I’ve as much faith in Berrada and Ashworth getting things right as I do with Ten Hag - feck all!

I thought so. Compared to the last 12 months that run that got Ole the boot wasn't even that bad in comparison.

Funnily after 7 games we had 14 points and were 4th. October and November were catastrophic but the team actually showed some good things at some point, this season only rely on hope that things completely turnaround out of nothing which is always possible but the last 18 months create a bit of skepticism.

I am a bit confused here but wasn't eth the man most of you wanted this season following the FA cup win? What changed? He showed us last season that he was shit in the league and in Europe after all. Don't worry though. He will probably win a domestic cup

Funnily after 7 games we had 14 points and were 4th. October and November were catastrophic but the team actually showed some good things at some point, this season only rely on hope that things completely turnaround out of nothing which is always possible but the last 18 months create a bit of skepticism.

Indeed. I have virtually no optimism left that this can be turned around. I'd love it to but we've just been so bad for so long now, we're in early october and the season is looking like it might be a write off. At least the Scousers usually managed until Xmas before their season fell apart. :lol:

This is farcical. So if we draw these games, it's still unclear on what to do, so the next 2 games then become the most important? Are we going to continue like this for the rest of the season?

This is farcical. So if we draw these games, it's still unclear on what to do, so the next 2 games then become the most important? Are we going to continue like this for the rest of the season?

Basically if we lose to Brentford and/or Fenerbache all the club big wigs will meet in London for 6 hours to decide if the next 2 games after that will decide Ten Hag's fate.

We don’t know exactly why things aren’t working. What we do know is that Ten Hag is all about details, what you say makes sense.

The players can’t perform consistently. It seems to me that Ten Hag is putting down very high markers and demands that can’t be met by the players yet.

Other top teams manage it; dumbing down or going for an easier strategy won’t make us competitive with them.

Jesus wept.

How many hoops are certain people going to jump through to avoid just accepting that Ten Hag is not good enough.

And that's totally understandable. What is not understandable to me, is how is the league position not a matter of urgent business?
This.

7 games played
Negative goal difference
8 points out of possible 21
Lost two games at home by 3 goals

The stats are just ridiculous, I don’t even know how anyone can justify those.

We can hire first class top execs but letting performances like this go unpunished is setting the club up for failure.

It’s like the only people who take the club serious are the fans, because the players, coaches and owners don’t.