Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
Right on cue, the ridiculous excuses and explanations are creeping back. Now that Ten Hag FC feel safe again, they're beck to peddle more shit. Tactics too complicated now? Give me a break.
Cut this out please; it can do nothing but rile people up.

He has surpassed my expectation as in never in my wildest dream have I ever considered the possibility of United sitting at 14th position.

I think he has reached the broken Jose stage as in he will never reach, let alone surpass his top anymore and what follows are a bunch of dramas. Better cut our losses early. And yes I was Ten Hag in before the season started.

Most people's prediction about December will be correct.

Only issue is by that time the season will be over and the man who claims he wins trophies will be competing for Zilch

Right on cue, the ridiculous excuses and explanations are creeping back. Now that Ten Hag FC feel safe again, they're beck to peddle more shit. Tactics too complicated now? Give me a break.
So what is it then? The players? I’m saying it’s a combination of factors and the implementation/execution of the tactics is a major issue.

It’s possible a different manager gets it working, it’s also possible he struggles as well.

I'm done, people allowed to freely troll in this thread.

Dont worry the usual trolls will disappear again in a week when the football starts up and the drawn out humiliation of Hag and his admirers moves into its next chapter.

I enjoyed the latest Stretty Paddock delusional rant from Howson about how it's all the 'charlatan players' fault.

Yep, the charlatan team very much in the image of its charlatan manager. He's now signed/given new contracts to every single player in the squad except Lindelof and Maguire. Funnily enough the two players who he preferred to £100m of his ex-Ajax CBs against Villa.

Last edited:
Back up to 14% so the momentum is on his side.

That would require us to pick up 9 points in the next 5 games, which I think pretty much everyone on here would be very happy with.

Also, the chances we created but couldn't finish were in Fulham game (which we won anyway) and Liverpool game (which we only created because they stopped caring at 3-0) and Palace (a game which in the end they could have won as well, though probably only game this season which we would have won had we been more clinical).

We created nothing in Spurs/Villa games really, we created nothing in Liverpool game until they stopped bothering, we created very little in Twente game etc. and Brighton game we pretty much scored what we should have scored. I don't think our offensive displays have been nearly as impressive as some are suggesting, definitely doesn't feel like we are a striker away from greatness. It's all very disjointed and chaotic.
9pts from 15 would be a big improvement yes. I don't think we would be 4pts off 16th place if that happened.

You seem insistent on the scoreline being reflective of the game. Which is fine, but then you'd need to probably agree that we deserved a draw from Brighton and a win from palace.

Some amazing takes in here today!

My sides are hurting
Have we called INEOS Buffoons yet?

Criminally underused when we’re throwing around hysterical descriptors like ‘incompetent’, ‘inept’ etc…

A little more creativity would also add some variety to the daily whine
Are we on to “Berrada / Ashworth / Wilcox <delete as applicable> OUT” now? Suppose it was inevitable given everyone’s angst and the lack of news.

Who will we be wanting OUT next week?

Scenes!
Three posts just today, and this is a constant with you. Please cut out the condescension.

While this is obvious think about how stupid it is to continue to with thought process.

We all know he will be sacked eventually (End of the season at the latest) No better time than now, why willingly throw the season away.but also this should be easy enough because I'm the ETH era a draw counts as a good result

We are performing like a 10-15th place team after 2,5 years and 600m spent on players and we still have 14% backing him. We could be struggling in the championship in a few years and this guy would still have a solid fan club. True immortal. And i still have no clue what he has done here to earn the support and trust.

9pts from 15 would be a big improvement yes. I don't think we would be 4pts off 16th place if that happened.

You seem insistent on the scoreline being reflective of the game. Which is fine, but then you'd need to probably agree that we deserved a draw from Brighton and a win from palace.

Whether we would be 4 points off 16th or not depends on how other teams perform. We would probably be about 4 points off 14th or 15th., most of the teams above us are quite good actually. Actually, would you want him fired if he were to win 3 of the next 5 games and get us to 17 points? (kidding, you don't need to answer, I know the answer very well ;))

I don't think we deserved both. Brighton were the better team against us, and Palace game we dominated in the first half but they had better chances towards the end (we were actually pretty bad in the last 30 mins after subs). Under better circumstances we could have probably got another point or two. To be fair we had so much luck last season in that regard (performance wise we were nowhere near being the 8th best team in the league) that we are probably due to return some of that this year.

Last edited:

While this is obvious think about how stupid it is to continue to with thought process.

We all know he will be sacked eventually (End of the season at the latest) No better time than now, why willingly throw the season away.but also this should be easy enough because I'm the ETH era a draw counts as a good result

ten Hag hasn't been made aware of this but some random journo has. Yeah.

ten Hag hasn't been made aware of this but some random journo has. Yeah.
And now we all know, too. Soon the entire world will know except for Ten Hag, and he'll be wondering what's up with the players whispering behind his back. Eventually, Ruud will close the dressing room in front him, and then he'll understand: they're preparing a surprise for his birthday!

Yeah, those journalists are really just having fun here.

This is just the new Porto and Aston Villa. If he scraped two jammy draws he'll be safe and sound.

This is just the new Porto and Aston Villa. If he scraped two jammy draws he'll be safe and sound.
I think we will be expected to beat Brentford. Fenerbahce is a tough one.

They're clearly not giving him that ultimatum though, it would be utterly idiotic to.

And now we all know, too. Soon the entire world will know except for Ten Hag, and he'll be wondering what's up with the players whispering behind his back. Eventually, Ruud will close the dressing room in front him, and then he'll understand: they're preparing a surprise for his birthday!

Yeah, those journalists are really just having fun here.
Eric doesn't know, Eric doesn't knooooow

so it's Porto and Villa games all over again?

I think we will be expected to beat Brentford. Fenerbahce is a tough one.
Oh my...

I just started writing a response to you that it's ridiculous to call Fehnerbace a tough one, considering that they did not even win against Twente on last matchday.

But then I remembered how United played (at home!) against Twente and deleted everything I wrote. :lol:

Oh my...

I just started writing a response to you that it's ridiculous to call Fehnerbace a tough one, considering that they did not even win against Twente on last matchday.

But then I remembered how United played (at home!) against Twente and deleted everything I wrote. :lol:
Going away to Turkey is always difficult. Even in the best of times we struggled there.

This is the biggest issue. It’s now become terminal and even if he pulls a few decent results, we won’t progress under him. Just cut the cord now, and let’s start fresh.

So what is it then? The players? I’m saying it’s a combination of factors and the implementation/execution of the tactics is a major issue.

It’s possible a different manager gets it working, it’s also possible he struggles as well.

How do you know they're not executing his tactics?

You're basing this all on the notion that his tactics would be better than those of the opposition, and if followed would be successful. And that opposition managers couldn't find ways to exploit the tactics, if followed correctly. There's no evidence for this argument, but a hell of a lot against it.

Going away to Turkey is always difficult. Even in the best of times we struggled there.
True, just for a moment I thought I could build up some hope. But United currently is so shit, that even that didn't work.

F***** Twente? That United couldn't win that match feels like a mistake in the Matrix and I still haven't fully processed that result.

We are performing like a 10-15th place team after 2,5 years and 600m spent on players and we still have 14% backing him. We could be struggling in the championship in a few years and this guy would still have a solid fan club. True immortal. And i still have no clue what he has done here to earn the support and trust.

I have no clue how someone can think 14% is a solid fan club. Its obvious that most of the people who backed him haven't changed the vote or haven't been on for a while.

People are also entitled to their opinion. I mean he has won 2 trophies, so he has done something, unless in your mind trophies is not good and you dont want United to win trophies.

True, just for a moment I thought I could build up some hope. But United currently is so shit, that even that didn't work.

F***** Twente? That United couldn't win that match feels like a mistake in the Matrix and I still haven't fully processed that result.
Yeah Twente game feels ridiculous. I made a point last year that a manager of a Polish league team would be under threat of losing their job for not even getting third in a group with Galatasaray and Copenhagen, it's the same with our EL campaign so far. If a Lech/Legia coach fails to win v Twente at home, questions will definitely be asked. If we fail to get 4-5 points against Fenerbahce, PAOK and Bodo it will be quite ridiculous indeed.

I suppose the argument may be to save some money and the "right" candidate isn't available now but might or will be next summer.

Whether we would be 4 points off 16th or not depends on how other teams perform. We would probably be about 4 points off 14th or 15th., most of the teams above us are quite good actually. Actually, would you want him fired if he were to win 3 of the next 5 games and get us to 17 points? (kidding, you don't need to answer, I know the answer very well ;))

I don't think we deserved both. Brighton were the better team against us, and Palace game we dominated in the first half but they had better chances towards the end (we were actually pretty bad in the last 30 mins after subs). Under better circumstances we could have probably got another point or two. To be fair we had so much luck last season in that regard (performance wise we were nowhere near being the 8th best team in the league) that we are probably due to return some of that this year.
If we get at least 9 points from 15, that's relatively better than the teams will be likely to pick up above us. The Forrest, Fulham, Brentford and Bournemouth sides likely wont pick up a minimum of 9 in their next 15 available points.

Regarding what we deserved, I am happy to account for Brighton being neither here nor there (I disagree they were the better side) , but we certainly deserved 3 versus Palace. That would have put us around 8th place currently which is a big difference to 14th. Not that 8th matters in isolation because it's still not good enough, but the difference with last season is there is data that suggests we should have picked up more points certain games, whilst losing as deserved in others.

To your point in bold - I wouldn't consider say, 3 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss in the next 5 PL games as sackable. I don't think anyone objective would.

If we get at least 9 points from 15, that's relatively better than the teams will be likely to pick up above us. The Forrest, Fulham, Brentford and Bournemouth sides likely wont pick up a minimum of 9 in their next 15 available points.

Regarding what we deserved, I am happy to account for Brighton being neither here nor there (I disagree they were the better side) , but we certainly deserved 3 versus Palace. That would have put us around 8th place currently which is a big difference to 14th. Not that 8th matters in isolation because it's still not good enough, but the difference with last season is there is data that suggests we should have picked up more points certain games, whilst losing as deserved in others.

To your point in bold - I wouldn't consider say, 3 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss in the next 5 PL games as sackable. I don't think anyone objective would.
So essentially you think he should stay if he can have us where Ole had us in 21-22 (when he got sacked).

So essentially you think he should stay, not get sacked, if he can have us where Ole had us in 21-22.
As I said I don't think those results would have us 4 points off 16th place, and its also about the trajectory when a manager is sacked. Ole was sacked when he was getting 1 win in 7 whereas in this hypothetical, Ten Hag would be coming off an improved trajectory that's objectively a decent standard. Of course the other competition form matters too, if he's winning those there's less of a concern on top.

As I said I don't think those results would have us 4 points off 16th place, and it’s also about the trajectory when a manager is sacked. Ole was sacked when he was getting 1 win in 7 whereas in this hypothetical, Ten Hag would be coming off an improved trajectory that's objectively a decent standard.
Why would you focus so much on how far from the 16th place we are? Is there anything especially important about that particular spot that makes it a reference point?

In which case how far above 16th point should we aim to finish this season for it to be acceptable?

Why would you focus so much on how far from the 16th place we are? Is there anything particularly important about that particular spot that makes it a reference point?
Yes, its about how much closer you are to the bottom vs the top. And it's not all I referenced. Ole was 23 pts off Liverpool and 4 pts off 16th when he was sacked.
Also, there's a whole second part of the post that's pretty vital when talking about sackings and that's form. If Ten Hag got 3 wins and 1 draw out of 5 games, the form wouldn't be considered sackable like Ole's was.

If it's because of the payoff, then I hope they have done the maths on us finishing in the bottom half. Seems like such a crazy gamble over what to united is about a 5th on what they pay for shite players.

so it's Porto and Villa games all over again?

It's clear they don't want to sack him. Looks like INEOS will drag it out until it becomes untenable and by then 4th will be impossible. So we are looking at another lost season without UCL football. Maybe they can pull out a win in Europa, but not if they're playing like this