Results are only viewable after voting.
It pretty much is at the moment isn't it :lol:

Terrible football
Stuck with a manager completely out of his depth
Distinctly average squad with none of the leagues best players
Multiple injuries
Big financial losses every year
INEOS looking underwhelming at best

The club needed a big lift during the International break, and they've just not read the room at all and are plowing on :lol:

The club needed a big lift during the International break, and they've just not read the room at all and are plowing on :lol:

Given how badly Ineos have performed so far I would not be at all surprised for them to watch on as we stumble through the next fixtures under Hag, and then sack him at the worst possible time, probably early-mid december, when the interim is overloaded with a rush of horrible fixtures.

If we want to be properly smart about it we should sack him after the Chelsea game, come-what-may. Then the interim has two home gimmes against PAOK and Leicester, then 14 day international break, then more gimmes against Ipswich and Bodo/glimt

Last edited:
The reports of the four voting on Ten Hag’s performance with two for keeping and two for sacking, if true, are worrisome. It is management by committee, and that tends to be less decisive.
The bolded words are why I don't engage with most of the 'news' around our club.

You have to keep in mind the stories, even true ones will always be presented as the most sensational.

I don't disagree but it's hard to gauge Ineos' priorities right now. Is their motivation to put the best of the club above all else or do they take a chance to try and save some face before inevitably having to publicly admit they dropped a clanger with their first big decision in charge of Manchester United?

Who knows. But there must be some reason Ten Hag came out of the international break still in a job.
Ineos and sjr may not have the sporting ambition we hoped for, they may be perfectly content in being remembered for being responsible for a new stadium sjr being responsible for a new stadium is a far greater legacy than a handful of trophies.

Any manager who hasn’t improved the team in the second season should be sacked in the modern game. I know some will say Fergie etc, but it’s a different kettle of fish now. Blink and you lose your spot and other teams step up, now more than ever.
There are about 7/8 teams who are better than Utd and if the managers judgement tactics and training can’t improve after 2 seasons, what gives the board confidence it will in 3/4? This is what we are reaping now sticking with managers who ain’t up for it. Other teams at the top bring in a new manager and improvement is seen in the first season and especially the second

McClaren and Benni are gone. I saw an interview with Benni last week and he said the training was a very high standard and when it came to a match, the players couldn't do it. I don't see a reason for him to lie. He was let go by United and had no reason to be loyal and back them. I think he was honest. If that's a case, the biggest problem is mentality. Can another manager fix that? We've had proven world class managers with elite mentality and they couldn't get the ball rolling for more than a season. This is where I would defend Ten Hag. He could be doing everything right and to a high standard. Just when it kicks off on matchday it goes to shite.
Players were training against other players coached by the same group of shit coaches. The coaching staff judging their own coaching as absolutely great means feck all. It is an echo chamber based opinion.

It pretty much is at the moment isn't it :lol:

Terrible football
Stuck with a manager completely out of his depth
Distinctly average squad with none of the leagues best players
Multiple injuries
Big financial losses every year
INEOS looking underwhelming at best

Surely the young players at the club give some of you hope?

McClaren and Benni are gone. I saw an interview with Benni last week and he said the training was a very high standard and when it came to a match, the players couldn't do it. I don't see a reason for him to lie. He was let go by United and had no reason to be loyal and back them. I think he was honest. If that's a case, the biggest problem is mentality. Can another manager fix that? We've had proven world class managers with elite mentality and they couldn't get the ball rolling for more than a season. This is where I would defend Ten Hag. He could be doing everything right and to a high standard. Just when it kicks off on matchday it goes to shite.
What if the opposition also think their training was a high standard? In the end you find out who is best on match day. It's no surprise anyone can look good playing against our tactics and players.

Every other manager has too, though. Do we really want to keep doing this every two or three seasons and no league title in sight? I'm not saying Ten Hag is the right man, I just can't name someone right now who is. Honestly the only manager who might would be Ancelotti and he isn't going anywhere. I'm just hoping that it will eventually ''click''. It's hard defending a manager when results are so poor but at this point it feels like groundhog day with managers.

At the time, LVG was the best available out there. As was Mourihno. There isn't a huge amount of world class managers out there and available or might have turned down United because of the underlining problems that are now hopefully being resolved.

--------------------

Before anyone thinks I'm deluded and trying to make out Ten Hag is the right man, I'm not. I just think after countless managers, stick with one through all the shite because I am sick of seeing rotation of managers and them getting their players in and then another new manager in 2 seasons with their new players and it's all just a repeat of the same old.

Time will tell for sure. Hopefully sooner rather than later.
As you say time will tell, but for me, keeping ETH for longer than necessary is damaging to the club.

We are 14th in the league, following on from last seasons disastrous campaign. Only a matter of time before the players give up on him. The majority of fans already have. Players are getting run into the ground. He is going to kill Mainoos potential.
When do sponsors start getting in the ear of INEOS? There is so much negativity around the club, when it should be a time of excitement.

The mist would lift the minute he goes. Hope would flourish again

Given how badly Ineos have performed so far I would not be at all surprised for them to watch on as we stumble through the next fixtures under Hag, and then sack him at the worst possible time, probably early-mid december, when the interim is overloaded with a rush of horrible fixtures.

If we want to be properly smart about it we should sack him after the Chelsea game, come-what-may. Then the interim has two home gimmes against PAOK and Leicester, then 14 day international break, then more gimmes against Ipswich and Bodo/glimt

Would be very careful calling any Utd game a gimme after the form demonstrated so far

Yoro
Mainoo
Garnacho
Amad
Hojlund

Then there’s a number of really talented players in the u18s who I’m not going to list but there recent success at youth level has been phenomenal.
Interested to see Yoro.
Mainoo is going to be ruined under Ten Hag
Garnacho has stagnated
Amad not sure
Hojlund I don't see it in him

The gap between u18 and PL is huge. Hopefully 1 or 2 make it but extremely rare for a much more than that to come though.

Would be very careful calling any Utd game a gimme after the form demonstrated so far

No game is a gimme while we're managed by a bald charlatan but for any interim? Home ties against Leicester and PAOK followed by a 14 day break is perfection.

Interested to see Yoro.
Mainoo is going to be ruined under Ten Hag
Garnacho has stagnated
Amad not sure
Hojlund I don't see it in him

The gap between u18 and PL is huge. Hopefully 1 or 2 make it but extremely rare for a much more than that to come though.

As I said, there’s some really talented young players at the club, so it’s not all doom and gloom.

Unless you disagree.

Ineos and sjr may not have the sporting ambition we hoped for, they may be perfectly content in being remembered for being responsible for a new stadium sjr being responsible for a new stadium is a far greater legacy than a handful of trophies.
By the time that stadium is built we might be at Evertons level.

It really feels like ineos are good at one thing and that is stripping costs out businesses until they are perceived to be lean. Hence stripping back the workforce, fergies contract etc. But that is nothing more than a side issue at United and so far they are no better than Ed and the glazers were at making decisions ober the big problems e.g. transfers and managers

Every other manager has too, though. Do we really want to keep doing this every two or three seasons and no league title in sight? I'm not saying Ten Hag is the right man, I just can't name someone right now who is. Honestly the only manager who might would be Ancelotti and he isn't going anywhere. I'm just hoping that it will eventually ''click''. It's hard defending a manager when results are so poor but at this point it feels like groundhog day with managers.

At the time, LVG was the best available out there. As was Mourihno. There isn't a huge amount of world class managers out there and available or might have turned down United because of the underlining problems that are now hopefully being resolved.

--------------------

Before anyone thinks I'm deluded and trying to make out Ten Hag is the right man, I'm not. I just think after countless managers, stick with one through all the shite because I am sick of seeing rotation of managers and them getting their players in and then another new manager in 2 seasons with their new players and it's all just a repeat of the same old.

This is the same nonsense we have heard for years to justify keeping failing managers. The fact is if a manager is failing these days most clubs act quickly to get rid of them and already have a replacement in mind.

Ten hag has had around 3 good months aside from that we have regularly looked the worst organised team in the league. It doesn't take pep to improve on that it just takes competence.

Also it was quite clear mourinho was already declining before we hired him. It didn't take a genius to see things would fall apart.

I'd say it's just out of curiosity or devilment as to how the hardcore will react to a movement of a fraction of a percentage on a meaningless internet poll.
Given the actual number of voters it only takes 2 or 3 to change the % more than a fraction

Players were training against other players coached by the same group of shit coaches. The coaching staff judging their own coaching as absolutely great means feck all. It is an echo chamber based opinion.
I don’t even know what this mythical ‘looks amazing in training’ even means. Games are very different from training which is not supposed to replicate conditions of a competitive game.

On the contrary, not judging people's personality on how they appear in interviews and press conferences seems like a totally normal thing to me.
At what point do you judge someone? Where is the line? How much time do we need to spend with them?

I think saying you don’t like someone’s personality, even when it’s in a secondhand setting, is absolutely fine. You meet someone at a dinner party and draw a conclusion in 15 minutes…

Now, answering questions that are difficult in a public setting, and 100+ times, you probably learn more about that person than the 15 min conversation.

I completely agree and that is exactly what I think will happen. It is astounding how badly these "leaders" run a company and don't even realise it.

I agree with this, but I doubt INEOS would think this way.
INEOS are reactive. So if they sense that there is a lot of dissent, perhaps "ETH Out" chants, they'll see that and then maybe do something. This is likely to happen if we lose a game 4-0 or something like that. We'd need to get absolutely destroyed in a single match for them to think, "Maybe ETH isn't good enough".

And for those who argue that we should INEOS time. It does not take a genius to work out that ETH is completely out of his depth and is sinking fast. If senior management is not able to assess the urgently dire situation we are in, then they should not be running the club.
I knew that ETH needed to go in the Summer, but INEOS thought otherwise.

--------------------

Absolute load of garbage.

Maybe the club believe ETh, McClaren, Benni and Our own Dalot when they say it’s about to click. But there must be something in this for them to say it. Similarly, the INEOS team are seeing things on the training ground that they are buying it too. But come on, we haven’t looked like clicking for a full 90 minutes once in his tenure here. The regression is more apparent and increase the more we spend - it’s a spiral of football incompetence that has never been seen at this level before in the PL I’d go as far of saying. When he started I swore I’d back him until the deadwood and down toolers from previous managers were gone and a proper rebuild had happened. The rebuild has happened and we are a lot worse. He has zero excuse and unless we start winning, and winning with good football, then match going fans will turn. Comfortably our worst manager in PL history and beyond maybe.
Yeah but apparently we're amazing in training but the coaches have no idea why we're so bad on the pitch.

Correct.
We've seen that every single player we buy (for big money) regresses.
The current set of coaches, sorry to say, aren't good at their jobs.

It is staggering that some people on this forum claim that our coaches are good at their jobs. They aren't!
We have a near 100% success rate of turning every newly purchased player into garbage. I don't even understand how this is possible. Surely by pure luck alone, we'd end up with about 20% of players improving after joining MUFC.
Donny Van Der Beek arrived as a player who was shortlisted for the Ball on d'or. We destroyed his career so fast, that I don't think even he quite understands how he regressed as a player, so quickly.

--------------------

I feel like in a perfect world, this amount of patience is preferable. In a perfect world, you could hire a cab driver off the street and they would win lots of titles. Unfortunately, this is a far from perfect world. There is no guarantee that time is the only reason Ten Hag didn’t win a major trophy. In fact, time has proven to actually negatively correlate to success and results with Ten Hag. So, it is infinitely more probable that he is not the right man for the job.

Frankly, we were spoiled with SAF and we need to understand that he is the exception and not the norm. Even the best managers don’t stay in their position for over two decades. “Finding the next SAF” is a mentality that has hurt us more than it has helped us. The top managers deliver results pretty quickly.

Giving Ten Hag more time and money are resources that we can invest in a manager who MAY be able to deliver. Not guaranteed of course, but we have to try because this is the game we are in. Otherwise you might as well close down the club if you aren’t mentally equipped to face the never ending challenge.

At what point do you judge someone? Where is the line? How much time do we need to spend with them?

I think saying you don’t like someone’s personality, even when it’s in a secondhand setting, is absolutely fine. You meet someone at a dinner party and draw a conclusion in 15 minutes…

Now, answering questions that are difficult in a public setting, and 100+ times, you probably learn more about that person than the 15 min conversation.
Ideally I don't 'judge' people, but that's nitpicking. But I would say that we won't learn much from people's performances in media settings about how they are in person, and vice versa. So something like 'based on how he is in interviews and press conferences, he must be terrible to work with' seems like nonsense logic to me.

Surely the young players at the club give some of you hope?
They do but I worry more what damage is being done under Erik. Just look at last year when Amad couldn't get a game even though Anthony was shit on a stick every time. Also I really don't think he wants to play Ugarte so even if the potential is there he won't be able to step up because Erik didn't want him.

As you say time will tell, but for me, keeping ETH for longer than necessary is damaging to the club.

We are 14th in the league, following on from last seasons disastrous campaign. Only a matter of time before the players give up on him. The majority of fans already have. Players are getting run into the ground. He is going to kill Mainoos potential.
When do sponsors start getting in the ear of INEOS? There is so much negativity around the club, when it should be a time of excitement.

The mist would lift the minute he goes. Hope would flourish again
This is exactly why I see no risk in an interim. We can't get much worse anyway and I'm positive the whole club would be lifted out of the doom and gloom.

I'm convinced this will be his farewell match after we lose against the mighty Brentford side.

I reckon 8 points after 8 matches, with a negative goal difference, 15th on the table, and only 5 points above relegation, should be enough to get the long-awaited boot.

Edit: "along with the worst United start in Premier League history"

Ideally I don't 'judge' people, but that's nitpicking. But I would say that we won't learn much from people's performances in media settings about how they are in person, and vice versa. So something like 'based on how he is in interviews and press conferences, he must be terrible to work with' seems like nonsense logic to me.

I can understand that if you're judging him from press conferences when he's under pressure because he comes across as a total dick to me. But in other interviews he just comes across as being deluded, arrogant, he seems to see himself better than everyone else too and spouting bullshit wherever he goes and he's condescending.
To me there's nothing to like at all.

I'm convinced this will be his farewell match after we lose against the mighty Brentford side.

I reckon 8 points after 8 matches, with a negative goal difference, 15th on the table, and only 5 points above relegation, should be enough to get the long-awaited boot.

Edit: "along with the 3 worst United starts in Premier League history"
FTFY

I've heard a lot of United fans say this or similar since the end of last season. But it's genuinely mad that some are sick of going through managers so 'quickly', United give managers longer than most clubs, every post Fergie manager bar Moyes has had at least 2 full seasons. If anything we've gave them all too much time.

The average tenure of a manager is somewhere between 18 and 24 months across world football going back 20-30 years. Ten Hag's already been at United for over 2 years for fecks sake. If the team you support changing manager every 2-3 years makes you ill then maybe being football fan isn't a healhty past time.

He got us two good away points to buy himself some time, now we need to win the home game against Brentford. Then we could start talking about things starting to turn around. No easy games though, when you've struggled as much as we have this season. Brentford should fancy their chances, they're above us in the table for a reason.