Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
Here is a graph I made a few days ago, of "points per game" averaged over 10 games, for Manchester United since Ten Hag took over, and Arsenal since Arteta took over:

TLA8gWx.jpeg

There are moments of better and worse form, but over time, a direction emerges.
Should be brought out everytime the ridiculous 'he could do an Arteta' claims are made.

Worst manager since SAF.

Ratcliffe obviously wants his own manager and a fresh start under him, but he’s been out voted by Omar and Ashworth. Says it all when Ratcliffe refused to back ETH when he got asked if he as faith in him
They both weren’t in charge in the summer when Ratcliffe had a chance to sign his own manager. So why didn’t he do it then?

Probably the glazers that seems to slow it down. Ratcliff have been seen enough of this sht.

He spent over 600 mil euros for "rebuild".
Now we have situation where neither of his signings isn't working. If Onana isn't gk, he would be benched probably too.

So, what is the plan now? Replace "his" players for new ones? You can't spend 600 mil euros and in third season be in situation where all your signings are on the bench. That means you wasted 3 years.

:lol: it’s so funny watching logic go out the window and people just wetting the bed over their own inventions

It would be something if James "Layoffs aficionado, rule bending extraordinaire" Ratcliffe, told to his employees, "Oh you got me on that one, the rules are the rules."

What? What is hypothetical nonsense? Did Zirkzee's goal against Fulham not it make 3 points gained, instead of 1? It's fact that we got 3 points because of his goal. The Onana save obviously is more debatable but I think most would agree that game shifted from us being outplayed and down potentially 1-0 to Onana saving the penalty, it giving us a jolt of life, then 2 minutes later de Ligt scoring a header and 5 minutes after that Rashford scoring. Onana's penalty save in mine and a lot of other's opinion was the start of a chain reaction response that saw us score 2 goals.

The stuff you posted is mainly Garnacho and Bruno missing. Which they have continually done, so saying "if only Garnacho and/or Bruno scored here" is more hypothetical nonsense than the point I was making. Every match this season you could look at and say Garnacho and/or Bruno should have had a goal. My favorite example of this was one you posted. Garnacho hitting the crossbar and it falling to Bruno with no one around him and the keeper out of poistion and him hitting the crossbar and it going over for a goal kick.
It's purely hypothetical to suggest we should have 4 points with no wins based on those scenarios. Using the same hypothetical reasoning with the scenarios in my earlier post, I could just as easily argue that we could be sitting on 15 points and that everything isn’t so bad. Do you see where I’m going with this?

Now we have situation where neither of his signings isn't working. If Onana isn't gk, he would be benched probably too.

So, what is the plan now? Replace "his" players for new ones? You can't spend 600 mil euros and in third season be in situation where all your signings are on the bench. That means you wasted 3 years.
Get him better players. Bring him de Jong. We have the structure in place to give him the players and coaches that will ensure success.

Oh, oh, always love myself some hypothetical nonsense. Let me do this too!

- We were just a Garnacho open goal miss or a couple of Bruno one-on-ones misses away from securing a 3-0 victory against Fulham.

- We were only a Maguire hesitation on a simple clearance and a couple of very freakish offsides away from 2-1 win against Brighton.

- We were a Garnacho shot off the bar or a Bruno effort rattling the crossbar away from winning over Crystal Palace by 1-0 or even 2-0.

- We were a Bruno free-kick hitting the bar away from taking a 1-0 win against Aston Villa.

This is too easy!

Whilst I'd agree that hypotheticals like this are mostly pointless the fact that you would have to lean into so many of them to imagine us having a decent start compared to the other guy just mentioning one is telling.

There is no logic at keeping ETH here. Only reason is Jim is trying to tank the club so the Glazers sell to him and leave.

The man is untouchable. I envy having this much job security

Pathetic isn't it? he should be sacked for making all these excuses. The team needs time, youngsters.. 3 years is not enough? How much more time does he want?

Also, you give someone time that you see progress, Ten Hag is showing no progress only regress.

There are no signs of him improving anything, what's more frustrating is that when his job is on the line, he goes into this defensive mode, playing some of the worst football I have ever witsnessed, picking players who were not in his plans.

Shit show of a manager, I cannot see how we win more than 2 out the next 8 games.

We have the structure in place to give him the players and coaches that will ensure success.

Indeed.

We even have the structure (or at least the money) in place to bring in a competent person to devise a game plan and pick a functional (based on the plan) XI from week to week.

So, when you think about it, ETH has been short-changed horribly: it's unreasonable in the extreme to expect him to do anything at all. He hasn't had a competent coach/manager/whatever to do the work for him - what the feck is he supposed to do under such working conditions?

Today the united seg was unbearable. It would cost us 200m+ to replace ETH as the new manager would want to get rid of all ETH 'gems', aiming for CL money is arrogant, there is a style of play, the majority of fans want ETH. It reminds me of istituto luce (fascism propaganda machine) that portrayed everything done by Mussolini as coming directly from god
But hold on, first not sure they have to replace everyone. Second, is that number going to change the longer they wait? Defies logic.

Keep reading this statement that ETH can 'turn it around' but to what? The evidence over the last 18 months is of under achievement and terrible football, so is he 'turning it around' to last 3 months, 6 months, 12 months, 18 months? Because these are all crap! The easiest answer is 'the evidence point to the fact he is not the manager for Utd'.

I genuinely think he is behind Pep the safest manager in the league. I could probably see the likes of Arteta or Emery getting the boot before we even think about binning the Dutch bald genius.

With most managers a poor run of 15-20 games would probably put them under pressure, with some less. With him it wouldn’t even matter because we’ve had so many embarrassments with so little success and he’s still rolling on.

I dont know if this is just sarcasm or Lemsip Max with a dash of Jack Daniels...

The £600 mil was only the first stage. A tentative foundation upon which he'll build a mighty bastion over the next 6-7 years.

Ten Hag - Ten Years. Trust the process.

Keep reading this statement that ETH can 'turn it around' but to what? The evidence over the last 18 months is of under achievement and terrible football, so is he 'turning it around' to last 3 months, 6 months, 12 months, 18 months? Because these are all crap! The easiest answer is 'the evidence point to the fact he is not the manager for Utd'.
He couldn't turn around a Go-Kart on a runway.

The board have probably looked at it with a clear head and realised there are actually a lot of positives to take from the season so far. We conceded less shots. 4 clean sheets AND we're 4 points clear of the drop.

Let's focus on the good not the bad. When Ten Hag gets us into a relegation fight, then they'll maybe consider sacking him.

Well over the last 2 years we've went from a team that could finish in the top 4. To a team that could only finish in the top 8, this season on current form we could finish in the top 16. So all going well next season he'll have us back in the top half of the table, by year 5 possibly back in the top 4 and by Ten Hag's 6th the sky's the limit. Exicting times indeed.

The board have probably looked at it with a clear head and realised there are actually a lot of positives to take from the season so far. We conceded less shots. 4 clean sheets AND we're 4 points clear of the drop.

Let's focus on the good not the bad. When Ten Hag gets us into a relegation fight, then they'll maybe consider sacking him.
That should simplify. There will only be one candidate for the job in that case, Sam Allerdyce.

Whilst I'd agree that hypotheticals like this are mostly pointless the fact that you would have to lean into so many of them to imagine us having a decent start compared to the other guy just mentioning one is telling.
Also the premier league table for last year, United outperfomed its expected points by 16pts! That is over a full season so it is a large enough data set. See full table here - https://understat.com/league/EPL/2023

Ratcliffe obviously wants his own manager and a fresh start under him, but he’s been out voted by Omar and Ashworth. Says it all when Ratcliffe refused to back ETH when he got asked if he as faith in him
:lol:Look what this no sacking has done to people.

That’s the point: if we want to indulge in hypotheticals, we have far more going against us than in our favor. I’ve mentioned this repeatedly in previous posts—our finishing has been a significant issue. I’m not sure if that’s something coaches (in this case RVN or Hake) can address, or if it’s even coachable at all. For now, I believe the blame should be shared equally between the players and the manager for that until I know better.

Just to clarify, I voted for him to be sacked and want him gone, but for different reasons. It seems he can’t get consistent performances out of this squad or motivate them from game to game. I had hoped that some decent performances from earlier in this season would help us build on them, but the games against Twente and Spurs have made it clear that he’s unable to do that. Lethargic performances and didn't feel like they started the game to win. I mean in the game against Spurs, Dalot not tracking his runner in the 2nd min of the game or not even a single player in our team taking the risk to foul Van de Ven for their first goal means they were not well prepared and up for that game.

I had the same reflection and wondered if I understood the point of the question. I know why I fell in love with the club but none of these things are true today.
Same here, but actually LVG broke my soul with the football he was churning out. Recovered slightly under Mourinho but then anger once 3rd season came round. Again Ole restored it to the point i actually loved watching us again but bitter disappointment in how it all ended as I felt he was closest to getting what United were about. ETH, first season was great, where he was almost following Oles blueprint but season 2 onwards it’s been soul bludgeoning bad. Obviously i enjoyed the cup final but let’s be honest we were damn lucky to get there both in the teams faced and the results.

Now I don’t even have a favorite player. I stick with it more in the hope that my passion will be revived, but once I’m completely done I’d say that’s it with me for football. The current styles just aren’t exciting to watch. It’s like watching robots play football.

Same here, but actually LVG broke my soul with the football he was churning out. Recovered slightly under Mourinho but then anger once 3rd season came round. Again Ole restored it to the point i actually loved watching us again but bitter disappointment in how it all ended as I felt he was closest to getting what United were about. ETH, first season was great, where he was almost following Oles blueprint but season 2 onwards it’s been soul bludgeoning bad. Obviously i enjoyed the cup final but let’s be honest we were damn lucky to get there both in the teams faced and the results.

Now I don’t even have a favorite player. I stick with it more in the hope that my passion will be revived, but once I’m completely done I’d say that’s it with me for football. The current styles just aren’t exciting to watch. It’s like watching robots play football.
I would love that our players play like robots. That would mean that they all do everything perfect and by the book.
Imagine possession style played by the robots? Possession 99%.

I would love that our players play like robots. That would mean that they all do everything perfect and by the book.
Imagine possession style played by the robots? Possession 99%.
You get what I mean though, it’s bland, repetitive style copied everywhere now

I think for them the real challenge is finding a willing replacement they believe they can make progress with. As we know interims do not always work out and can turn out to be expensive projects.

If Ten Hag survives this, then, I think he will see out the season so I am coming around to the idea of an agreement between both parties that they will part ways at the end of the season like Tuchel and Bayern had.

That would give INEOS alot of time and space to find the highest quality replacement nice and early before next pre-season and Ten Hag gets a chance to turn this shitshow around as best as possible and preserve his credentials for his next potential job.

If Ten Hag survives this, then, I think he will see out the season so I am coming around to the idea of an agreement between both parties that they will part ways at the end of the season like Tuchel and Bayern had.

That would give INEOS alot of time and space to find the highest quality replacement nice and early before next pre-season and Ten Hag gets a chance to turn this shitshow around as best as possible and preserve his credentials for his next potential job.
Not a chance he’d agree to this when he thinks of himself so highly.