Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
You’re acting as if the manager has absolutely no baring on the results, team, and expectations. So when will your standards change? After we’ve won the league again? Will you then expect us to be challenging for the tile and have expectations of the manager? Or does the manager just get a free pass constantly?
The standard for United should be challenging for the big trophies every single season. But I also recognize where we are at the moment and I am not suggesting that ten Hag should get a free pass.
And while we’re on that topic, why do you think teams sack managers if it isn’t conducive to winning games of football? Do you think that if every team just got behind their manager instead of sacking them they’d all be successful? Or is this just something that’s exclusive to Manchester United?
Well, we have sacked manager after manager since Fergie and where has that gotten us? If we sack ten Hag after just seven games we are hitting the reset button yet again with a new manager. And out of curiosity, who is this unknown manager thats going to come in and instantly make us great.
Where do you think Villa, Arsenal, Liverpool, Brighton, or Spurs would be if their managers would have been given the same money to spend that Ten Hag has? Would they have regressed their teams?

I hate to break it to you but we are in the bottom 3 across all performance stats. These are stats associated with teams that get relegated. They’re not associated with teams that win the Europa league or finish anywhere near the top 4. Your posts are starting so sound as delusional as it gets.
I don’t know you tell me and I don’t care much about other clubs.
I hate to break it to you but we are in the bottom 3 across all performance stats. These are stats associated with teams that get relegated. They’re not associated with teams that win the Europa league or finish anywhere near the top 4. Your posts are starting so sound as delusional as it gets.
You don’t have to break it to me I already acknowledge our results haven’t been great. And I hate to break it to you United will not get relegated. I hope that brings you some comfort.

You're all fools. Ten Hag managed to win two cups with a team that are 14th in the league. The man is incredible!

Im tired of cherry picking minutes and holding the team to a standard that almost no other club meets outside of the top 2. Chelsea are outplayed by Bournemouth most the game and they got all 3 points. Liverpool were no more convincing at Palace than we were and got all 3 points. Spurs got done in at Brighton just like we did. Every side challenging for top 4 is going to have periods of 30 mins or more where they aren't on top.

My point is more that there are games around the two atrocious ones that showed a lot more encouragement than our level last season.

Fair enough mate I get what you're saying. But personally I haven't seen enough this season to give me much encouragement at all.

Yes. If those two things happened and he didn’t win those two trophies then he wouldn’t be as successful and he’d probably be rated below Ole. Probably not below Moyes.

Also if my auntie had bollocks she’d be my uncle so I’m not sure what your point is.
I find it an odd thing to base one as better than the other on such a large slice of luck when everything else says differently.

Give me a season of watching top 4 level performances over borderline relegation stuff with a fluke second rate cup win every time.

The league will always be the most important indication of where we are as a team and the thing to judge a manager on. We have been abysmal there.

Exactly, we were competitive against the likes of Porto and Aston Villa. This is extremely impressive and further cements his position as a successful manager of Manchester United.

I am astonished that many people act here as if we were a Bayern, Real, Manchester City or Chelsea-sized club. Completely unrealistic, backwards and unreasonable, clinging to past.

We are in new era, now we are roughly where Wigan were under Martinez, even better. Maybe there is some outside threat of relegation but generally we are comfortable. And we are winning domestic cups.

Leicester under Brendan Rogers is where we should aspire to be. And I firmly believe that Eric Ten Hag will bring us there if properly backed by signing a world-class LB, 2 CMs, a winger and a striker for a reasonable total outlay of 1-1.5bn. All the signs are there and it is a process. We just need to avoid knee-jerk decisions and take a long-term approach. He deserves another 2-3 years at least to implement his vision.

In a thread full of woeful WUM attempts this is actually the worst.

Bravo.

I think our start to this season has shown that injuries weren't the main reason for just how awful we were last season to be fair.

We could still mathematically win the league but it's not bloody likely. We've been in relelgation form for 20 games now, there's more chance of us getting relelgated this season than coming 4th if we let this continue.

He's been under pressure for months and nothing has changed we've actually got worse. Fair enough if you think things could get better but it seems like it's based more upon hope than anything tangiable.
Again I dont disagree with your points. We just have to wait and see how the next few games go (unless he gets sacked tomorrow :)). I am always a patient and optimistic person and maybe thats why I havent lost faith in Ten Hag yet.

You're all fools. Ten Hag managed to win two cups with a team that are 14th in the league. The man is incredible!

If you look at the table in ascending order, we're actually 7th. Only 7 points off the top, too.

Trust the process, heh?

We’re fecked!

We already knew that. The financial repercussions.

But it's now a matter of having the balls to admit they made a mistake after The FA Cup final. They obviously tried to replace him, but weren't in full control at that point. Now that they have their key staff in positions, it's time for them to earn their money. They should have had contingency plans in place, as this situation was always going to happen. Even if it's a case of Ruud as interim for a few weeks.

When Jonny Evans, age 36, is your best player it could be argued that the players are the problem. However, I hold the view that the manager has failed to develop the players he has into performing anything remotely close to cohesive tactics.

Yes of course there has to be answer as to who will succeed ETH, either on an interim or permanency basis, but it is as clear as can be that he is not that man to lead the club into competing for a top four spot, let alone a proper PL title challenge.

Why? I mean if INEOS were actually doing well with their other football investments than fair enough. They aren't though.
I am not sure if Ashworth, Berada and Wilcox are also managing the other INEOS clubs and even if they are they have just started with United. So its too early to assume utd wont be successful under INEOS simply because the other clubs havent been. If anything INEOS start at Utd is very promising. Also man city football group owns many other clubs that are not successful.

Are you really asking how sacking somebody with no idea who is replacing them is nuts?

They had enough time to work a replacement out.
Plus, even an interim solution could give us a bit of a bounce if INEOS really weren't able to find a replacement yet.

I am not sure if Ashworth, Berada and Wilcox are also managing the other INEOS clubs and even if they are they have just started with United. So its too early to assume utd wont be successful under INEOS simply because the other clubs havent been. If anything INEOS start at Utd is very promising. Also man city football group owns many other clubs that are not successful.

Promising start indeed

Any early optimism over INEOS is going out the window if Ten Hag is still here by Wednesday.

Ashworth isn't an idiot, he can surely see what the rest of the world can see. This manager is finished, we're well beyond the point of no return.

We already knew that. The financial repercussions.

But it's now a matter of having the balls to admit they made a mistake after The FA Cup final. They obviously tried to replace him, but weren't in full control at that point. Now that they have their key staff in positions, it's time for them to earn their money. They should have had contingency plans in place, as this situation was always going to happen. Even if it's a case of Ruud as interim for a few weeks.

I’ve never understood the financial argument for not sacking him. Surely it’s far more damaging financially to keep him on and potentially finish mid table and fail to secure European football altogether and the money that it brings in?

There is nothing "very promising" about their start.

We've signed more shit players that the manager wanted, and they're dithering over the decision to sack our worst manager in the modern era.

They had enough time to work a replacement out.
Plus, even an interim solution could give us a bit of a bounce if INEOS really weren't able to find a replacement yet.

It's been clear for some time that ETH may need replacing, so any company worth their salt should have been doing their homework during this time and looking at potential alternatives. I find the idea that we're going to sack ETH and then start the research and information-gathering at that point really, really daft. They have probably already had private conversations over who the potential replacements could be.