Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
If they meet with Ten Hag this coming week, it will be to give him a target to hit by Christmas otherwise he's gone. That's my guess.

I never said that though. That's the issue here, people come in halfway through a discussion and skew everything. I said as an interim Ruud made sense with all the other moving parts at the club. I never said we should stick with him. I said he was done, but the next step is not simple. The idea that almost anyone can do a job at this club, famously one of the hardest clubs in the world to manage, is naive at best.
You should have said so, Moses. It's the only reason he survives.

Ineos won't risk their rep on a knee-jerk signing. There's nobody suitable and they know it.

As for fans who hoped we'd lose for some 'greater good', you shame the history of our club. For shame.

Hopefully they give him his marching orders and tell him to shove Luke Shaw up his bollocks on the way out the door. Surely then there will be no more excuses.

Worst manager we've had post Ferguson and it's not even close. The more he builds his team the worse he gets.

Media should be putting these stats in front of him to see him squirm.

Moyes and Solskjaer won 0 trophies. Rangnick’s record was awful…

It’s not been good but I’m sure Solskjaer would have given anything for two trophies.

When will you guys stop with this?

There are moments where I think I’ll take literally anybody else. Then I start drawing lines. Anybody but Southgate. Oh, and Allegri as he’s boring af. Then it’s Tuchel and any manager wanting to play three at the back (see also Amorim). It’s a slippery slope.

The Times is reporting that Ashworth and Berrada will meet this week to decide whether to stick or twist. Surely a short meeting.

image.png

Yep, I believe that, or Ruud, for similar reasons is a safer bet unless there is a named alternative, The just anybody is madness, and what I was arguing against.
Just anybody doesn't mean they'll bolt onto the street and find someone with half a year of kindergarten under their belt. There's obviously some scope (albeit a wide one).

Moyes and Solskjaer won 0 trophies. Rangnick’s record was awful…

It’s not been good but I’m sure Solskjaer would have given anything for two trophies.
Solskjaer gave us 3rd and 2nd, Erik 3rd and 8th. I'm pretty sure CL football is worth more than two cup trophies with pocket change for prize money. This is the difference between a result-based and a feeling-based approach.

Can someone tell me why on earth has he changed tactics from his first to second season and continued on the same tactics in season 3? Baffling

We kept a clean sheet, I don't think the centre back switch was the problem. I would instead point to the fact we didn't score a goal.

You don't think it had anything to do with Rodgers and co leaving their shooting boots at home? Because our defenders were helpless to prevent half of those shots going in if the shots weren't so mishit consistently.

The meeting has surely been planned because the decision is already made, otherwise there is no reason for them all to be there.

Tuesday isn’t about a discussion on his future, it’s to discuss the new coach.

Just anybody doesn't mean they'll bolt onto the street and find someone with half a year of kindergarten under their belt. There's obviously some scope (albeit a wide one).

Solskjaer gave us 3rd and 2nd, Erik 3rd and 8th. I'm pretty sure CL football is worth more than two cup trophies with pocket change for prize money. This is the difference between a result-based and a feeling-based approach.
Top 4 finishes over trophies is some Arsenal bullshit

I don't think top managers are queuing up to work here. The summer interviews took a while and they stuck with him, despite last year being utterly depressing to watch at times.

So many focusing on the last 2 games like we haven't only won 4 games from 11 I think. Or that we didn't come 8th last season.

Do people have any long term memory or are they just blissfully ignorant to how bad this is?

There isn't one legitimate reason that ETH should still be manager of this club.
No doubt our league form this season has been poor. 8 points from 7 games and sitting in 14th place is simply not good enough and 2 points in the Europa League isnt great either. But I dont call for the manager to be sacked at this stage. Despite the disappointing results I have seen some promising performances this season. Apart from the Liverpool and Spurs games, our performances were not that bad even in the games we lost vs Brighton and City in the Community Shield. Theres no question Ten Hag needs to start winning consistently but I dont believe sacking him now is the right move. Lets get behind the team and the manager surely thats not too much to ask?

We were better today, at least defensively we were pretty solid. However he just makes so many mistakes.

Starting Line Up

Maguire and Evans in defence (who were both pretty good) however he wanted to sell Maguire in the summer and Evans should be only really a backup at this point.

Eriksen and Mainoo midfield lacks any form of athleticism. Not playing Ugarte who we spent a lot of money to buy.

Bruno has been rubbish for months and still keeps getting picked.

In game management

Continuing to play Bruno high when out of possession means we are easily cut through time and time again.

Lindelof coming on instead of Martinez. Antony coming on instead of Amad.

It wasn't the worst performance by any means but it shows how low standards have got where a less than terrible performance is seen as a positive.

The stats don’t lie folks, we’re in relegation form (and have been since last season) we’re at best throwing away the season, at worst getting relegated if this carries on

Sack him and make him pay off the Antony transfer like a student loan.

No doubt our league form this season has been poor. 8 points from 7 games and sitting in 14th place is simply not good enough and 2 points in the Europa League isnt great either. But I dont call for the manager to be sacked at this stage. Despite the disappointing results I have seen some promising performances this season. Apart from the Liverpool and Spurs games, our performances were not that bad even in the games we lost vs Brighton and City in the Community Shield. Theres no question Ten Hag needs to start winning consistently but I dont believe sacking him now is the right move. Lets get behind the team and the manager surely thats not too much to ask?
Stand by your manager. The United way.

Yep, I believe that, or Ruud, for similar reasons is a safer bet unless there is a named alternative, The just anybody is madness, and what I was arguing against.

But hardly anyone is arguing for “just anybody”. Most people are arguing that finding someone who would be an improvement would not be particularly hard because Ten Hag has been historically bad. It should not be beyond Ineos to find someone who is less of a risk than the guy who is currently overseeing relegation form.

What the hell is finishing a season 8th with negative GD then?
Absolute shit. But in 50 years time we will be counting two domestic trophies in our record when comparing against our rivals. I can promise you we won’t be discussing 2nd and 3rd place finishes.